Page 5 of 17 
Username Post: July *Use It Or Lose It Challenge!* (Done!)        (Topic#1508699)
Angelica
Queen
Angelica
In response to MelindaK

• MelindaK Said:
Here are my first 3 items. For the Frightful pp, I will use 1 piece of the paper (the black spider web pp)
For the ZVA Crystals, I will use one of the flourishes.

Melinda, have you used the Zva crystals before? Did you have any trouble? I find them really hard to work with. There not like primas.

MelindaK
Governor
MelindaK
In response to Angelica

I have not, this will by my first time with them or with the Prima's. I was thinking I was going to use that tip I saw a little bit ago, I think it was a Basic Grey tip that said to use tape on the front of them and lift off, and they should keep their shape well.
We will see, I guess. They just got here today, but I don't think I'll get scrapping time until Sunday night.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to MelindaK

Added the last 2 items to pg. 1 Mel!

Have Fun & Good Luck with the desired application of the new crystals!

MelindaK
Governor
MelindaK
In response to KellyCali

Thank you! (crossing fingers it will work out!)

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to MelindaK

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

OK, here it goes...Feels like it took all of forever, but here are my 5, brand new, in the package items.

I ended up just purchasing them (which long story short was easier & faster in my particular case).

a) My household goods have still yet to arrive, (which was not what I had expected!)

b) There is literally no way to find good, inexpensive stuff at our only overseas store, which is a Ben Franklins.

Either whichway, all 5 are new. Also, being that my selection was narrowed down to a null, it just makes this all the more a Challenge for me!

My 5 are all dimensional embellishments. All 5 have to do with The Beach, Vacation & also the 4th of July!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

p.s. I went ahead and picked up an extra of each 1.

That way, either whichway, the Winner will ultimately recieve all 5 of mine whether I finish or not!

To be clear, this will be, in addition to the rest of the potential items placed in the overall Prize Goodie Bag!

MelindaK
Governor
MelindaK
In response to KellyCali

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to MelindaK

(9:19pm my time right now).

This afternoon I was able to break up and just about use up 3 of the 5 Jolee sets.

(I'll be sure to post soon!)

Now it's the last 2 that I have listed that I will the harder time using up.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

On that note, off to hunt the Superstore for some possible good example layouts specifically using those 2 sets!

Sidenote: Without actually having any camping or bbq pics, already considering maybe doing 2 or more 8x8 recipe layout cards. One for smores and the other, some sort of Summertime recipe!

Angelica
Queen
Angelica
In response to MelindaK

• MelindaK Said:
I have not, this will by my first time with them or with the Prima's. I was thinking I was going to use that tip I saw a little bit ago, I think it was a Basic Grey tip that said to use tape on the front of them and lift off, and they should keep their shape well.
We will see, I guess. They just got here today, but I don't think I'll get scrapping time until Sunday night.

I tryed that with the BG ones, worked perfect....tryed that with the Zva...didn't work so good. Try cutting the plastic close to the crystals, then peeling alittle off, place on the paper and just keep repeating. Take you time and it'll come out perfect!!!

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to _courtney_

Here are my last 3 items. Thought I'd better pick something out so I can start using it up!

I just bought the Jolee's for our florida vacation we just got back from so that will motivate me to start scrapping those vacation pics. The rubons and masks I've had for a while and have Never used! Time to use it or lose it!

taeklund
Governor
taeklund

I would love to play! I will get back to you with my "things"

MelindaK
Governor
MelindaK
In response to Angelica

• Angelica Said:
  • MelindaK Said:

I tryed that with the BG ones, worked perfect....tryed that with the Zva...didn't work so good. Try cutting the plastic close to the crystals, then peeling alittle off, place on the paper and just keep repeating. Take you time and it'll come out perfect!!!

Thank you for the tip! I so rarely get to order things, I would have hated to screw it up! DH leaves for his business trip tomorrow morning, so that is when non-stop scrapping starts!
Oh, and I made my first card this morning... just a little I Love You card, and hid it in his laptop case so he will find it when he gets there. Hoping it will be a nice surprise.

Edited by MelindaK on 07-04-09 11:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

taeklund
Governor
taeklund
In response to taeklund

there we go! there are 5 things! Took me awhile cause I do not order from the super store very often and a lot of what I had is now sold out but I found 5 things! I have 2 layouts started!

Edited by taeklund on 07-06-09 11:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to taeklund

• taeklund Said:
here are 3 of my 5 things. the other things I had are not in the superstore anymore so I will need to look through my stash and see what else I can find that is still in the store!

Cool! Can't wait to see what you do with that transparency! That is one of the items I picked too! Had to have it and then never used it! (Like alot of things!)

senora_x
Angel
senora_x

Molly Ann By Senora_x

I used 4 of the straight lines from the rubons. Still have several of the curly ones left to use though!
Products Referenced in This Post:

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to senora_x

• senora_x Said:
I used 4 of the straight lines from the rubons. Still have several of the curly ones left to use though!

Yay! There Ya Go, Great Job & Way To Go!!

Also, Good Luck Towards the 3x3 Challenge!

In the meantime, here's to using up the other 4 items you selected, as well!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

p.s. That masked compass looks pretty cool & should work out just perfect towards something either summery, vacation-wise or travel-wise!

It actually could work for a number of things!

Off to see if there are any examples!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to taeklund

• taeklund Said:
I would love to play!

Hi Anne, We Have You Added & Welcome!!

Good Luck!

Page 5 of 17 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics