Page 1 of 40 
Username Post: SLICE LOVERS        (Topic#1508871)
Coco Chanel
Veteran
Coco Chanel

Raise your hand if you have the Slice
Raise your hand if you loooove your Slice
Raise your hand if you want to share ideas, comments and emotions about this little great die cut machine!

MEEEEEE!

Products Referenced in This Post:

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to Coco Chanel

Me too!

mimi4neeyah
Resident
mimi4neeyah
In response to RockStar

Add me also to this group. I just love my Slice

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 07-02-09 04:00 AM
In response to mimi4neeyah

I Love this little thing!!

BTW, I sent Meagan a PM and asked if we can get a forum for the Slice. You know like the ones for Cricut, Wishblade and so on!!

Princess Kitty
Veteran
Princess Kitty
In response to KimKV

I'm putting my hand up!

I have a birthday coming up in September - fingers crossed I will get one, I'm starting to drop hints to hubby about getting one.

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara

• Coco Chanel Said:
Raise your hand if you have the Slice
Raise your hand if you loooove your Slice
Raise your hand if you want to share ideas, comments and emotions about this little great die cut machine!

MEEEEEE!

I would raise three hands if I could, LOL! I LOOOOve my Slice and would love to be part of this group!

What cards do people have and like? Is anyone dying to get a certain card? I have Basic shapes 1, 2, and Just Chillin. I don't have a tonne of extra $$ to buy cards, and find these 3 do me fine for now, but in the fall I was thinking of getting a new one. Having trouble deciding between the Spring one, and Basic Shapes 3. I like the font on the Spring one (so different than any of the other fonts I have), but I keep seeing people using those flourishes from BS3 and it makes me really want that one! I don't have a cricut, so I use my Slice for most of my titles so the fonts are usually what draws me to a card. The BS3 font doesn't seem that different from the BS2 font, just a bit more slanty. Does anyone have the Spring card yet? Thoughts on other cards they like?

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to mercytiara

I lucked out and got the first cards before ACM excluded them on coupons, so I got them for half off. Then I found other cards on ebay for super cheap. I'm a bit miffed that the sports card doesn't have a runner on it. It's got rollerblading and skateboarding, but no runner.

I am not at home and my memory is faulty today (so, what else is new)? I think I have:
Basics 1,2,3
Just Chillin' Teen
Big Kids
Words and Expressions
Sports
Fa La La
Back to School
Noteworthy

I didn't pay more than $20 for any of them. For a few of them, I paid even less than that because of ebay (and my DH got me some as a gift, so those were free to me). Like I said, I just got lucky. Anyway, despite having all of those, I still want Fonts and Spellbound. I don't really care to get the travel ones. At least, not yet. LOL.

I love this little machine. Since it's so small, I can keep it right on this tiny shelf I have at the corner of my scrap table and just pull it down when needed. I have the cards, the spatula, the small cutting board, adhesive and applicator in a little fabric basket that I won at a crop.

I also like how portable it is. I have carried it downstairs before and used it while my DH is sleeping upstairs, which is nice.

So, that being said, I'll raise my hand to join your group.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to siameseplease

Is there anything you wish that Making Memories would release for the Slice, that they haven't yet? For me, I'd love to have some deep cutting blades so I could use it on thicker materials like chipboard.

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara

I second the request for deep cutting blades.

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone
In response to mercytiara

meeee!!!

I find I use my noteworthy the most...and was thinking it would be nice if there was a passport card so I could use it for the vacation albums.

but had problems with the embossing tips, anyone have any 'tips' for me?

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

• siameseplease Said:
Is there anything you wish that Making Memories would release for the Slice, that they haven't yet? For me, I'd love to have some deep cutting blades so I could use it on thicker materials like chipboard.

I'm in too!! This is my only machine and I love it. It was tough going at first. I had one that didn't work, but their customer service was wonderful and sent me a new one and I've had no problems since. I'm disappointed when I don't have something I can use it for!!

I only have the basic that came with it and I just bought Big Kids last month. I'm trying to decide which one I want this month. I was trying to find a package deal on ebay last night, some people mentioned they got 2 or more in a bundle, but I didn't see one.

The only thing I wish right now is that it had deeper blades, I would love to be able to cut chipboard or grunge board paper with this. If I had that ability I would be ONE HAPPY LITTLE CAMPER!!!

vanessamaldo08
Expert
vanessamaldo08
In response to Scrapingbliss

do any of you have a cricut?? i do but the slice seems so awesome? would you recommend buying the slice even though you already have the cricut??

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to vanessamaldo08

Vanessa, it depends on what you need. I don't have the Cricut. I bought the Slice instead for portability and space reasons. The Cricut can do a bit more than the Slice, such as cut larger designs and link letters and designs together. It also has the deep cutting blades available. That being said, if you need a handy quick-grab machine, to me, the Slice is it. It's also very portable, which is great for crops and even just moving it around the house when need be. For me, this was an issue because my scrap area is close to our bedroom. If I want to work on something while DH is sleeping, I take the Slice downstairs. The Cricut is a bit larger and heavier, therefore not as portable, IMO.

Kim, I got three cards in a bundle on ebay. I got Words & Expressions, Big Kids and Sports for $50. Just keep looking! Also, I noticed that ACM clearanced out some of the old cards, like Fa La La. If you have one near you, you might want to check it out.

Mjmone, I want the embossing tips but I'm waiting to catch them for cheaper than $20. I hate paying full price for anything. What problems did you have? I'm really interested to hear.

Coco Chanel
Veteran
Coco Chanel

I have the cricut and the slice

Cricut is for big projects and school stuff ( for me)
Slice is more personal, and I don't have to stand for use it!

Cricut is very useful , but I think slice is more practical. Even though I will not send my cricut!

I have:
Basics 1, 2, 3
Just Chilling
Sport
Big Kids
Animal Crackers

DaughteroftheKing
Expert
DaughteroftheKing

I am waiting on my slice to arrive in the mail! I keep checking the tracking on UPS website!

I got the Basic 2 card. Really want to get Big Kids, Basic 3, Animal Crackers, and Words/Expressions.

I'd love a deep blade for chipboard cutting.
Would love to see a religious themed card (crosses, verses, words like "faith", etc), and a general holiday card (a few rabbits and Easter things, a few Christmas symbols, a party hat and birthday cake, a pumpkin and turkey, etc). One card with a few holidays all on it so I don't have to spend $30-$40 for a card for EACH holiday.

The slice has its own website/forum, but it doesn't look very active. Hopefully we can get our own on here!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to DaughteroftheKing

In July 2009, the calendar card is due for release. It has a little bit of everything on it as far as holiday designs go, but not too many. For instance, I think there's two designs for Easter (bunny and egg), one or two for Christmas, etc.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

I'm trying to decide if I want the Spring card. I really like the font and a few of the designs, like the frog, squirrel and deer. However, I'm not sure how much I'd use it.

sweet1
sweet1 
Pro
sweet1

I'd love a Slice forum here! I only have the basic 1 and the Seasons one that came as a bonus. I've cut thin cardboard with mine and it worked well. Thicker cardboard not so much. So deeper blades would be fantastic. Go Slice!

Resident

Me!!!
I LOVE my Slice!! I've been using only Basic 1 for a long time, but about two weeks ago I broke down and bought Basics 3. LOVE this card!! It cuts the swirlys better than I ever thought it would. Perfectly. And I love the font with that one.
I WANT the handbag, but everytime I find it on sale somewhere, it's sold out. I'm good for now. I do have an excellent old camera bag that I've been using...it's just not pretty.

fatwhippet
Pro
fatwhippet
In response to Erin in Okc

Slice fan here too. Great little device. As far as design cards go, have Basic 2 & 3, Just Chillin, and got the Fall card today. Never spend more than $20. on a card (ebay). Just bursting to use it, but my scap room is in shambles from a shelving collapse disaster. Should be back to work by tomorrow, counting the minutes.

I also have a Cricut, Sizzix and a Wizard. Don't use the Sizzix much, thinking of liquidating it. I use the Slice the most and the Wizard and Cricut often, but not as much as the Slice.

Agree with the desire for Slice to have a deep cut blade. Has anyone tried cutting thin fun foam with the Slice? Have not tried yet but considering giving it a shot.

Page 1 of 40 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics