Page 2 of 40 
Username Post: SLICE LOVERS        (Topic#1508871)
traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to fatwhippet

I've got Basics 1, 2, & 3, and Noteworthy. Just ordered Tagmaker.
My Slice wish would be an update for cutting in 1/4 increments.

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone
In response to traceyjean

siameseplease,

my embossing tips don't emboss!

I found a demo video on Youtube...so I'm using the pad right...but maybe I was screwing the tip in too far

will probably try again over the weekend.

When I first got my Slice, it was kept in a basket on my top shelf...this past weekend, I moved a plant stand next to my desk, so it is now kept there so it is right at hand.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to mjmone

MJ, that sucks!!! I hope that adjusting the blade makes the embossing tips work. If not, call their customer service. They are so helpful!

I have not tried to cut foam or anything other than paper with mine. Well, I should rephrase that. I forgot to take the protective cover off of mine once. It doesn't cut that thick plastic (LOL) and it dulled my blade!

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to siameseplease

i have the slice and love it so much.
I'm putting my hand up!
the cards i have is
seasons
spellbound'
noteworthy
basics 1,3
just chillin teen
wedding
travel
tag maker

i wish they make something for the pets die cut

Coco Chanel
Veteran
Coco Chanel
In response to southern lady

traceyjean
I agree with you!!

Tenant
In response to southern lady

Me too! I only have Basic 1 and 2, but so far it's all I need. I don't make cards. I emailed MM and asked if/when they'd come out with an animal related card (I like Paper Pups from Cricut, but I don't have a Cricut, LOL!)

They sent a reply that basically said there are lots of animals in various cards, like Animal Crackers, Spring, etc. That's not really what I was hoping for.

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to sleepygrl94

Okay, was someone here bidding on a lot of 3 design cards on Ebay? Because I had 3 cards for 33.00 and in the very last second someone out bid me by 1.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

I did get Back to School instead for 16.00 so I'm happy but boy I was so excited that I was getting 3 for less than I buy 1. LOL

Tenant
In response to Scrapingbliss

Ha ha. Wasn't me. But I did pick up the Basic 2 card on Ebay. And the tool kit. And have been actively watching a few others.

Good luck!

Crazydiamond
Diva
Crazydiamond

I am a slice fan! I just got my most recent card this weekend, the wedding card. I also have the 1,2,3,Noteworthy,fa la la and the "free" seasons one. My next purchase will be the spring card. I do LOVE the slice but my recent problem is that I keep buying thickers so when it comes to scrapbooking I use those instead of cutting my own letters. I think I will have a goal to buy no more letter stickers until I use my slice a lot more!

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to Crazydiamond

If they would come out with a long blade so we could cut grunge board and chipboard this would be the perfect machine for me. I love being able to cut letters but I like the 3d effect for my titles. But if you like stickles you can cut out your letters and cover them with stickles to get a bit of the thickers look.

Sarah Jean
Resident
Sarah Jean

I'm very interested in the Slice.. just wondering if anyone knew of a good website that promotes projects with the slice or even the best place to get a slice. PM me!

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman
In response to fatwhippet

This is my first post. I have the Slice and Love it. I have Basics 2 & 3, Noteworthy, and Animal Crackers. I want to get Spring and Words and Expressions next. I have looked on ebay but not had any luck finding Slice items. My daughter has the slice and i really like it but it was more than I wanted to invest and I don't have the room for it. The slice sits on the corner of my scrapbook desk when I am working and doesn't get in my way like the cricut.

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to idlewoman

I, too, just recently got a Slice. I love it. It cuts very well. I haven't had any problems. And, I am also guilty, like another poster, who buys thickers instead of using my Slice. Have to go check out some of the gallery's to see what you all have made with your Slice. The cards I have are Basics 1, 2, 3 and Animal Crackers. I love the swirls/flourishes with the B3. The embossing tips looked cool. I saw those at my LSS. They still let you use their 30% coupons on the accessories and disks, just not the machine. The only other die cutting machine I have is the old guillotine-like sizzix from about 8 years ago. I would love a forum about the Slice too!!

strawberry lane
New Kid On the Block
strawberry lane
In response to Coco Chanel

Me too, I have a slice and I love it! I love that it is so easy to take with me to scraps, too!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to strawberry lane

LOL, Kim, wasn't me!!! I am a shark, though. I tend to place my bid with less than a minute to go, but I promise it wasn't me this time. LOL. I have all of the cards I want for now, until some of the new ones come out. I've joined a bunch of challenges this month. Have any of you signed up for the Die Cutting machine challenge? Signups close soon, I think. It's fun.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

Here's the link: http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15091...

Tenant

Do any of you have the Slice *and* the Cricut? Ms has the Cricut for $99 this week, and I'm thinking about getting it. Was afraid that I really don't need two die cut machines, though...

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Is that for the big one or the little one? I know lots of people of have both...I would like, I think it's the Expression. The one you can use the 12x12

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

M's has the original Cricut for $99, not the Expression. I considered getting it, but I think I'll stick with just my Slice for now. I don't really have room for the Cricut and the Slice really does all I need at this point in time. I think some people have both, though. I probably would if I had more space and money! I know me...I'm a shopaholic and even if I found space for a Cricut and got one, I'd go nuts spending money on cartridges. I'm keeping that temptation far away by not buying the Cricut!

sweet1
sweet1 
Pro
sweet1

I'm with Gina... I really want a Cricut and when I heard $99.00 my eyes nearly popped out of my head. Even for the small Cricut I'd jump for it. But.... no room, no money and after buying just the machine I'd have to spend more $$$ on the cartridges.... Slice it is for now!

Page 2 of 40 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics