Page 39 of 40 
Username Post: SLICE LOVERS        (Topic#1508871)
southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to debby_westbrook

I'm so jealous!!! my m didn't have much i want the baby one so bad

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore

Last night I got Applique Basics and Playground Fonts. I was looking for my hubby's birthday gifts and found 3 more cartridges in the closet!

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to kdinsmore

Hobby Lobby does run sales for 50% off on Slice, Slice cards and supplies. They just had a sale that ended last Sat.
Of course nothing beats $19.99 for the machine or $4.99 or even $2.00.

ShoppingMom
Diva
ShoppingMom

I bought nearly every card at $2.. well hubby did as a get well present to me. Got the machine at $20, the hands free kit at $11 and pen tips for $3

I'm happy. Now to find a way to store all the cards...

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to ShoppingMom

Congrats on your awesome purchases!!!

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010
In response to ShoppingMom

• ShoppingMom Said:
I bought nearly every card at $2.. well hubby did as a get well present to me. Got the machine at $20, the hands free kit at $11 and pen tips for $3

I'm happy. Now to find a way to store all the cards...

I too got all my stuff at the same price I also picked up more replacement blades and all the colored markers I could find for that cheap! Oh I also picked up the Embossing tips for 6.00 and the last two cans of spray adhesive!!! Most of mine was also a gift!

Here is how I store mine for now I am buying the holder for them to go in the bag I found the other day for 15.00!

Slice Cards By Scrap Princess72010
Slice Cards By Scrap Princess72010

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to Scrap Princess72010

I have to find a new way to store my cartridges, as I just had 2 before! I want to use the applique function on the cards. Does it work best to use the spray adhesive and the Slice fusible material? I have the hands free mat and the original Slice machine. I have to cover up some machine lettering on a garment and figured it would be cooler if I used the Slice than if I just bought a patch.

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010
In response to kdinsmore

Ok I need help, My slice wont cut the right shapes.. I have homed the blade and everything its completely charged. Its not even cutting the right size.

I dont know how to fix it.

Also Can you cut Chipboard with the slice?

creater1
Diva
creater1

Which Slice the Elite or the Original Slice? Have you done the calibration with the Basics card? Although you said you have a full charge I allowed mine to charge completely overnight the first time because I was getting crazy cuts and that did the trick.
I don't think I would try to cut chipboard with mine although I have read that you can cut various materials.
I just think that bazzil cardstock is about all that I would ask of it. Look at the gears they are all plastic I personally would not want to stress it.
To achieve that thicker look I just cut muliples and glue them together as someone else on another message board recommended. HTH

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010
In response to creater1

Its the original. I am going to try to home it again, with the basic card.

I let it charge over night and had also plugged is after the first weird cut.

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady

i had lots of problems with mine i had to buy a new one that was on sale seen it was over 1 years and stop work and they wouldn't fix it.

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to southern lady

I had some problems with my Slice when I 1st bought it, but I can't remember what the problems were, or how I fixed them!

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to kdinsmore

yea i try to fix the frist one i e-mail them to ask how i can fix it and then i did what they said but it didn't work so i had to buy another one but thank got it was on sale. this one work okay but i have a few probblems i love the slice they need to figure why they have probblems

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore

Has anyone appliqued with the Slice at all? I have the original green Slice, the glass and magnetic cutting mat and spray adhesive.

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to kdinsmore

i have that one to

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

I have the Applique Basics Card, but I have not used it yet...

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore

I want to applique, but am tentative to try. I've had some issues changing the blade and blade tension before.

XstitchCowgirl
New Kid On the Block
XstitchCowgirl
In response to kdinsmore

So no more talk of the Slice? Just bought one and a bunch of carts and accessories. Waiting for it to arrive. MmHg Cricut arrived a couple days ago, but haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Anyone have carts for sale? PM me

redheadgirl
Guru
redheadgirl
In response to XstitchCowgirl

I love my Slice. I do not have any cards for sale, but you might find some marked down at HL and Michaels.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to redheadgirl

I've bought carts on ebay. Seems I have one duplicate and when I get home I'll check to see what it is.

I'm in Italy now but looks like we will get a flight to the states tomorrow and then home over the weekend.

Page 39 of 40 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics