Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: New scrapper here! Glue question...        (Topic#1508989)
New Kid On the Block

I'm a beginning scrapbooker and wanted to know what everyone used for gluing the pieces together. I'm thinking two-sided tape would be best, any ideas?

Guru
In response to tammydee

I've become a fan of Glue Dots, I have both the 3/16" and the 3/8" sizes that comein sheets of 12. Depending on how many I need at a time I cut them apart individually as it's easier on me. I've also got some Elmer's glue sticks and a double ended pen.

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to moodymolly

I use Glue dots and any of the Xyron machines.

New Kid On the Block
In response to dotfree

Thanks Ladies!!
I'm totally getting those today to get started on my projects!!

tesswesswoo
Resident
tesswesswoo
In response to tammydee

My favorite glue is rubber cement. Elmer's prints on the bottle that it is acid free and photo safe, plus...it's inexpensive! It doesn't make the paper curl and you can rub off the excess..plus, it's easy to move something if you need too! I like double sided tape too,it works exceptionally well for ribbon! I also like to play with mounting squares, makes stuff pop off the page and is really easy to use! I've never tried glue dots, it's on my list of things to do lol!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to tesswesswoo

• tesswesswoo Said:
My favorite glue is rubber cement. Elmer's prints on the bottle that it is acid free and photo safe, plus...it's inexpensive! It doesn't make the paper curl and you can rub off the excess..plus, it's easy to move something if you need too! I like double sided tape too,it works exceptionally well for ribbon! I also like to play with mounting squares, makes stuff pop off the page and is really easy to use! I've never tried glue dots, it's on my list of things to do lol!

I love love LOVE my ATG gun,,,,,,,

it's the cheapest way to adhere anything that I have ever come across, and it's super sticky,,,,,

it's not often that something doesn't stick with ATG tape,,,,,

I also use alot of glue dots for smaller items, buttons, flowers, etc,,,,,,,,

afdani1984
Expert
afdani1984
In response to CommaHolly

I'm fond of glue dots, and glue lines. I have one of the Scotch (I think) brand double ended glue bottles. It has a small applicator on one end, and a brush on the other. It's better for small things. I've tried the Martha Stewart glue pens, and they work well for glitter.

cynscrapgirl
Idol
cynscrapgirl
In response to afdani1984

Zip dry is the best i use for all my scrapping.
avail here or at M OR HL sometimes it with the jewelry glue.. Try it you wont go back..

The Best glue By Cynscrapgirl

ljmorganx2
Expert
ljmorganx2
In response to cynscrapgirl

My favorite tape runner is CM's but I no longer have a rep so it is hard for me to get. So, lately I have been using Herma's removable because I can pick it up at M's with a coupon. It seems to work very well and becomes permanent unlike other removable adhesives. I use Glue Dots for things like chipboard, buttons and flowers.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to cynscrapgirl

• cynscrapgirl Said:
Zip dry is the best i use for all my scrapping.
avail here or at M OR HL sometimes it with the jewelry glue.. Try it you wont go back..

The Best glue By Cynscrapgirl

hm,,,,i love my atg, but there ARE times I need a liquid glue, cricut letters, etc,,,,,,

will give this a try,,,,,I'm not in love with any of the other liquid glues I've tried,,,,

thanks

mom2patrickncolin
Tenant
mom2patrickncolin

I use the glue dots craft and my Xyron 2.5. I am not a big fan of glue sticks. I don't even own any other type of glue or tape, so for me those 2 things work for everything I do.

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 07-06-09 06:42 AM
In response to mom2patrickncolin

I use glue dots, Tombow mono adhesive, and scotch liquid glue. Steer clear of glue sticks. They don't hold for long and after about 6 months or a year your pages will be falling apart.

anthonysgirl
Governor
anthonysgirl
In response to CASBa

I use the herma dotto, glue dots or zots, and scotch scrapbooking glue. That gives me a good variety!

New Kid On the Block
In response to anthonysgirl

Have other people ran into problems with glue sticks over the years? What does "HL" stand for? Hobby Lobby?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to tammydee

Glue sticks are for childrens crafts, not scrapbooking, IMHO,,,,,,

the LO's I did originally 5 months ago with a glue stick are falling apart,,,,,,

I have to go back and re-glue with my ATG or glue dots,,,,

yes, HL is Hobby Lobby

Rowena
Rowena 
Veteran
Rowena

Glue dots, and tape runners are my standbys but when I need to adhere really annoying fine embellishments (such as letters) I run for my Xyron X machine. It basically turns all those hard to glue items into stickers and cuts down on the hassel. I love love love it.
Products Referenced in This Post:

hbodley17
Expert
hbodley17
In response to Rowena

I was a huge fan of my Tombo Permanent adhesive till I took a layout out of its plastic sleave and the pictures fell off!!! And i am pretty generous with my adhesive. SO now I use my Xyron 510 for anything that can fit in it! I love it.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to tammydee

• tammydee Said:
Have other people ran into problems with glue sticks over the years?

Yes, yes and YES!!
Don't waste your time or money on glue sticks!

I used rubber cement for a while. My problem was that I would sometimes leave it open while I was working, and it seemed to evaporate.

greenqueen
Diva
greenqueen
In response to Bxr-Linda

I use double sided tape but have now discovered the mounting squares for $1 at the Dollar Tree and Dollar General. Iwas buying them at HL for ahile but hey for $1, you cant beat it and its permanent.It even holds chipboard and other heavy embellies.

croppycatter
Resident
croppycatter

• CommaHolly Said:
  • tesswesswoo Said:

I love love LOVE my ATG gun,,,,,,,

it's the cheapest way to adhere anything that I have ever come across, and it's super sticky,,,,,

it's not often that something doesn't stick with ATG tape,,,,,

I also use alot of glue dots for smaller items, buttons, flowers, etc,,,,,,,,

I swear by my ATG gun!! and in the long-run, it is cheaper than buying tombow refills every month. I use glue dots, liquid glue (tombow), Scotch's Quick Dry Adhesive, Xyron, etc depending on the project and what I need to adhere.

good luck with your scrapbooking and welcome to the obsession!!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics