Username Post: Stampin' Up Watercolor Pencils        (Topic#1509225)
CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace

Do you recommend them? Why or why not?

I've been eyeing the Prismacolor ones at HL but they're a bit out of my price range.

I also saw on the Stampin' Up catalog the Stampin' Pastels. How exactly do you use those and would they be a better purchase than the pencils?

Thanks in advance!

Candace

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to CraftyCandace

By the way, I mostly want these for coloring in stamped images.

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean

I got some watercolour pencils at ACM and some at Wally and they work fine. Not sure about the SU ones, but I do like the ones I got from CTMH. Though I'll probably end up getting Prisma since they seem to be recommended a lot, but I'll get them at my local Office Depot with a coupon if they'll allow it. If not, I'll just use the rewards points I'll get for my school supplies.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• Candace M. Said:
Do you recommend them? Why or why not?

I've been eyeing the Prismacolor ones at HL but they're a bit out of my price range.

I also saw on the Stampin' Up catalog the Stampin' Pastels. How exactly do you use those and would they be a better purchase than the pencils?

Thanks in advance!

Candace

Candace. when you say Pastels, do you mean the chalk?
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pencils. I did my latest ATC with them and then used blender pens to make the coloring smoother.

ekip2
ekip2 
Expert
ekip2
  • ekip2 on 07-07-09 05:09 AM
In response to DawnInAZ

I have both products you mentioned. the SU! pastels and the pencils.

Pastels - yes they are chalk. Like many products - I've found quality counts with chalk. There are other good manufacturers of chalk as well as SU! just don't get the super cheap ones at the dollar sections. I use chalk to do lots of things. I've colored in imagaes that were stamped - I've used it to color in stencils. I've stamped an image with versamark ink and then used chalk to rub over it and it makes anice way to color it in. I use an applicator I can't find here to hold the tiny pom poms I showed below to control the application of chalk. I also use one of the chalk erasers to clean up any smudges or mistakes I make.

Pencils - I have the SU! ones (can you tell a friend used to be a rep LOL) but again any good quality works well. I use them as is to color an image - or I use the blender pen I showed below and will put down some pencil and "blend" it a bit so it looks less defined. In this case - all you have to do when you want to change color is to lightly rub the blender pen on scrap paper till it writes clear again.

Did I ramble? Or answer the question or both? My brain isn't awake yet LOL. Andrea

Tahi
Tahi 
Pro
Tahi
  • Tahi on 07-07-09 06:53 AM
In response to ekip2

I have only use the pastels and as ekip2 mentioned are used for several stuff... my favorite is to use it with a blender pen.... good luck

croppycatter
Resident
croppycatter
In response to ekip2

• ekip2 Said:
I have both products you mentioned. the SU! pastels and the pencils.

Pastels - yes they are chalk. Like many products - I've found quality counts with chalk. There are other good manufacturers of chalk as well as SU! just don't get the super cheap ones at the dollar sections. I use chalk to do lots of things. I've colored in imagaes that were stamped - I've used it to color in stencils. I've stamped an image with versamark ink and then used chalk to rub over it and it makes anice way to color it in. I use an applicator I can't find here to hold the tiny pom poms I showed below to control the application of chalk. I also use one of the chalk erasers to clean up any smudges or mistakes I make.

Pencils - I have the SU! ones (can you tell a friend used to be a rep LOL) but again any good quality works well. I use them as is to color an image - or I use the blender pen I showed below and will put down some pencil and "blend" it a bit so it looks less defined. In this case - all you have to do when you want to change color is to lightly rub the blender pen on scrap paper till it writes clear again.

Did I ramble? Or answer the question or both? My brain isn't awake yet LOL. Andrea

what she said!

You can also use the blender pen with the chalks...just use it in a corner of it instead of out of the middle of your chalk cake so you can still use it "dry" if you want for other stuff. Did that make sense???

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to croppycatter

I have the Stampin Up pencils and the blender pen. I use them to fill in stamps (mostly for cards), but have also used them to outline titles on layouts with nice results. Only thing is that SU does not have a nice selection of greens, they are blue green no yellow green at all. I have not tried the Prisma colors.

For chalks I LOVE my Pebbles!

Edited by scrap4brains on 07-07-09 07:29 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics