Username Post: scrapbooks without protectors        (Topic#1509349)
julesbebanks
New Kid On the Block
julesbebanks

Hi, so I'm new and have a product question.

Is there a album that is just hard pages and doesnt have that laminate cover, I saw in a scrapbook magazine that someone did a popup image does anyone know of a scrapbook like that?

kdkaboom55
Idol
kdkaboom55
In response to julesbebanks

Strap-hinge albums have hard pages, you adhere your work directly to the page. You can leave the completed pages "unprotected" or purchase page protectors to slide over them.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 07-08-09 02:55 AM
In response to kdkaboom55

When I have interactive elemnts on a page, I just cut the protector away from that area.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to KimKV

Welcome to sb.com!

I agree with Kim; I just cut the protectors away. However, if you are trying to make something like a pop-up album, why don't you try a board book? Chipboard albums come in a variety of shapes, sold here on sb.com. You can also get thicker board books (like kids read) at places like Oriental Trading Company.

Khadijah also brought up the point of strap-hinge albums. Creative Memories and a company called Westfield (I think?) make these types of albums. Like she said, they come with unprotected pages. I found a bunch of black ones at a local Big Lots for $8 each. I think the ones by Creative Memories are better, but they're also more expensive. To me, they are worth it, but that depends on what you want, your tastes, and your wallet.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to siameseplease

Here's some chipboard albums that might work. If you put in "chipboard album" into the search criteria for the store, you'll find some more.

julesbebanks
New Kid On the Block
julesbebanks
In response to siameseplease

wow thanks I appreciate the answers

Edited by julesbebanks on 07-08-09 11:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics