Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Album question        (Topic#1509391)
vanessamaldo08
Expert
vanessamaldo08

I am in need of advice on what type of albums everyone uses. I have the postbound albums, but i can nevery figure out how to use the extenders and i just cant stand them. I need an album that I can put alot of pages in (i have yearly family albums and yearly kids albums) I bought Pioneers Snapload albums last year, and I really like them, but I can only find the album and extra pages at J's. Wondering if there is anything good here at the superstore. thank you guys!

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to vanessamaldo08

You can purchase the snap load things here in the superstore, then convert any type of post bound album you find.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Kimberly29
Veteran
Kimberly29
In response to Nancy Keslin

I was using post bound also, but now, I'm going to be using the D ring albums... most likely the American crafts albums.

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 07-08-09 01:06 PM

• homesclscrapper Said:
You can purchase the snap load things here in the superstore, then convert any type of post bound album you find.

I use these too. They are SO much easier to use than Post extenders.

Judy_Scraps
Mayor
Judy_Scraps
In response to CASBa

I use these albums with these page protectors. (psst...they're usually cheaper at joann's website when they have a sale)

Heather_Rochelle
Guru
Heather_Rochelle
In response to Judy_Scraps

I love my postbound but I just get a pack of extra long posts (not extenders) and I can fit tons of pages. I think I got the post on ebay or another site

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Heather_Rochelle

postbound make me crazy,,,,,,,,searching for a D ring now,,,,,but they do not sell them at J's or M's that I can find and I like to see and FEEL before buying,,,,,,enough to make me crazy,,,

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 07-08-09 05:03 PM

Too funny. I spent months a few years ago converting every album to posts.

And here are my reasons snaps break. They pop open at random. Snaps don't let extra pages sit flush.

They tear plastic pockets, and make albums look sloppy. And people point it out;
'What is wrong with this album? See if I pull on this page... it's tears right out. Sorry about that you can fix it right?'

I've lost several pockets that way before I moved exclusively to posts and hardly any more issues.

Except finding the correct sized extender for the album I have. Now that's a different issue. And I can totally understand you wanting to try snaps I wouldn't recommend it in the long run though not if you want to make an album bigger.

I my personal experience if you take a 10 page album and add a couple of pages ok but increase the size to 15-20 pages get another album. Or use posts.

And for archival reasons anything which encourages play on the page ages it more. I have vintage albums from the 50's 70's the ones which have posts in them look brand new ones with the ones without posts look like they have been mauled they have more tears more dog ears.

Can you tell I really like posts? (And yes they are incredibly insanely frustrating.)

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to CommaHolly

• CommaHolly Said:
postbound make me crazy,,,,,,,,searching for a D ring now,,,,,but they do not sell them at J's or M's that I can find and I like to see and FEEL before buying,,,,,,enough to make me crazy,,,

When I realized Michael's was discontinuing them, I bought every one they had (which was only 3!)

My local scrapbook store carries them. I don't know of any other national retailers.

Connie in FL
New Kid On the Block
Connie in FL

I have just purchased several (6) we r memory keepers albums 3 three ring and 3 post bound. I love the construction of the albums which i personally think is superior to other brands and same with the protectors which are thick and sturdier than most. I do however have an issue with their post bound extenders which do not fit their own posts at all. I believe i will have to just go to the snap loaders sold here but am awaiting word from WRMK as to how they expect to address this issue.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Connie in FL

The only kind I use are the post albums. And all but a couple are Pioneer. I have used the extenders on several and so far I haven't had any bad experiences with them.

briannalm
Tenant
briannalm
In response to Scrapkaty

i have post bound,and just found some amazing d ring,and my pages are so bulky that i think i need to convert to them completely

Chrissypoo
Expert
Chrissypoo
In response to briannalm

The only type I have ever used is post-bound, and I love them. I've never had any trouble with any of them, not even the post extenders.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Chrissypoo

I've always used post bound, but am seriously considering changing to 3ring binders. Some of my albums are pretty thick.

MrsSugarBear
Guru
MrsSugarBear
In response to Chrissypoo

• Chrissypoo Said:
The only type I have ever used is post-bound, and I love them. I've never had any trouble with any of them, not even the post extenders.

Ditto.

Connie in FL
New Kid On the Block
Connie in FL
In response to MrsSugarBear

i have just found out something that has made life a whole lot easier for me as far as the WRMK post bound albums extenders go. there are actually TWO types of extenders...aluminum and stainless steel. my albums had SS posts and i had aluminum extenders...they never fit. How did I know i had aluminum extenders when the package never had any label as such?...I used a magnet. I just bought a new set of extenders and a set of super long posts, not extenders and the package said clearly STAINLESS STEEL...guess what? they fit my post bound album posts.
on another thought. it is a royal pain in the neck to undo the posts and add or subtract pages...the D ring (3 ring) are much easier to work with. However, since i have the post albums i'll work with the first, finish them up and never worry about them again

craft_ticle_creations
Resident
craft_ticle_creations
In response to Connie in FL

I have also used the post bound style for some time now, I couldn't stand the extender posts.I always had to bug my husband to help me. Then I found out about the 3-ring binder style! Now my husband is happy which makes me happy!

scrapbooksbyvanessa

Hev
Hev 
Guru
Hev
  • Hev on 01-27-10 06:35 PM
In response to CommaHolly

J's has them in the photo album section. Pioneer brand ones, but they dont come with any protecters. Our local M's have them in the recollection brand, in red, brown, and black. They also occasionally get making memory brand ones that coordinate with paper. the last ones I saw were the autumn splendor, and before that the chloe's closet.

Judy_Scraps
Mayor
Judy_Scraps
In response to Hev

Wow, this is an old thread. I was ready to reply until I saw that I already did - last July!

CJSBABYCAKES
Veteran
CJSBABYCAKES

• homesclscrapper Said:

yup yup I converted all my postbounds to snaploads. I also love D rings

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics