Username Post: Looking for navy blue pp recommendations for boy layout        (Topic#1509863)
IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 07-14-09 04:45 AM

I have a sweet photo of my baby boy on the 4th of July with a big slice of watermelon that I want to scrap. I am looking for some cute navy blue papers that don't scream Fourth of July.

I prefer double sided pp but I'd be happy to have any recommendations for pp that is mostly navy blue. Other colors/elements in the photo are light blue, red, green (grass) and a wood fence and basket.

I did look at the July 4th stuff in the SuperStore here but most of it is too holiday-ish for my tastes. Of those, I liked the Scenic Route "Liberty" line the best.

Any other ideas?

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to IzzyB

Here's just a few. If you look under color in the superstore (I used "blue" and then scrolled through), you can find a lot more.

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 07-14-09 05:41 AM
In response to siameseplease

Yes, thank you. I did that search first, before I posted here. Not much came up that excited me.

I figure that there likely are cute papers with Navy Blue in them either on the reverse side or maybe navy mixed into a pattern. But that papers like that might not come up in a search for "blue."

I thought maybe someone who had recently done boy pages or July 4th pages might have a recommendation for cute pp with navy blue in it.

Anyone else have suggestions?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to siameseplease

• siameseplease Said:
Here's just a few. If you look under color in the superstore (I used "blue" and then scrolled through), you can find a lot more.

Here's a couple (lol) that I was looking at
Products Referenced in This Post:

Patti Sylvia
Diva
Patti Sylvia
In response to IzzyB

• IzzyB Said:
I have a sweet photo of my baby boy on the 4th of July with a big slice of watermelon that I want to scrap. I am looking for some cute navy blue papers that don't scream Fourth of July.

I prefer double sided pp but I'd be happy to have any recommendations for pp that is mostly navy blue. Other colors/elements in the photo are light blue, red, green (grass) and a wood fence and basket.

I did look at the July 4th stuff in the SuperStore here but most of it is too holiday-ish for my tastes. Of those, I liked the Scenic Route "Liberty" line the best.

Any other ideas?

I used the Scenic Route Liberty collection on this lo......if I had used navy for the bg cardstock vs. the red it would've made the navy stand out more.

Free To Be Me By Patti Poo

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Patti Sylvia

Little Yellow Bicycle has a new navy line out.

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to peenut_23

I like the Fancy Pants About a boy & the newish Summer Soiree lines

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to carbphrek

Paper Pizazz makes a real nice collection called "Coordinating Navy," which includes not only patterned papers but also some small frames. The papers are, however, single sided and only 8 1/2 X 11. They are all in the same shade of navy so they mix and match very well.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Ms. Fit

How about just using Denim paper. I have used it with metal brads to look like jeans pockets and with red bandana paper for a country look.

Crazydiamond
Diva
Crazydiamond
In response to terrihooper

I really like the basic grey boxer collection for dark blue pages.
Products Referenced in This Post:

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 07-14-09 06:28 PM
In response to Crazydiamond

Thanks so much for all the terrific suggestions, everyone. You've given me so many great leads. I appreciate it so much.

Peenut_23 said:
  • Quote:
Little Yellow Bicycle has a new navy line out.

Do you mean the Traveler line???

Patti, that layout you posted with the SR papers is just adorable. Thanks for linking that here.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to IzzyB

I'd like to add another to the list; kinda wish I'd bought two:

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to MommaSaid

oh my, I want that rough and tumble collection!!!!!!

musica620
Idol
musica620
In response to CommaHolly

Another vote for Boxer. I've used it for quite a few of my ds's lo's.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to musica620

The navy blue star paper in Scenic Route Liberty is nice.

Jenni Bowlin also has a line of navy blue.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics