Username Post: What stickles STICK to Transparency        (Topic#1509871)
Canadiancandy
Mayor
Canadiancandy

I was making some bling using the only two stickles I have they looked really cool until I started to cut around them on the transparency and then the dried stickle dot started popping off..very disappointed.... So maybe they are not ment for transparency's?? Any suggestions?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Canadiancandy

Sorry, won't work. I have used Stickles underneath transparencies to adhere them. But on top, they slip off or pop off if pressed.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Vivian loves BLING

I haven't found any stickles that will stick to the transparency, either. I use them underneath any clear shapes, rather than on top.

Angelica
Queen
Angelica
In response to siameseplease

yep, doesn't work..or you can try rouging up the trans. first.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Angelica

What about using puffy paint?! Same type of idea?

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

I used it on this card and I have seen people use it on transparency:

My dad is my hero By Peenut_23

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to peenut_23

super cute card Jill!

I'd go for using them UNDER the transparency.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Seaexplore

On the Swirlydoo's site they say to use "Ranger's- Liquid Pearls" - i haven't tried it yet tho! But i plan on it, if i can find the Liquid pearls product.

Rae_M
Rae_M 
Diva
Rae_M
  • Rae_M on 07-14-09 08:38 AM
In response to ChansGram

Liquid Pearls definitely work! I did use Stickles one time on a transparency and they didn't come off. I used Grafix transparencies. I did let it dry for a couple of days and I live in a really dry climate, so maybe that's why they stuck!
Here is my layout that used both Liquid Pearls and Stickles:
Every Little Girl is a Princess By Owen&audrasmom
Products Referenced in This Post:

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Rae_M

• owen&audrasmom Said:
Liquid Pearls definitely work! I did use Stickles one time on a transparency and they didn't come off. I used Grafix transparencies. I did let it dry for a couple of days and I live in a really dry climate, so maybe that's why they stuck!
Here is my layout that used both Liquid Pearls and Stickles:
[url=http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 2191355.html][img]
http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/public/219135 5_8_23431... Every Little Girl is a Princess By Owen&audrasmom

Where did you find the Liquid Pearls at?
The LO is beautiful and the flourish looks awesome!

Rae_M
Rae_M 
Diva
Rae_M
  • Rae_M on 07-14-09 09:20 AM
In response to ChansGram

Trish, the Liquid Pearls I used on this layout came in the June Swirlydoos kit. My lss has a very limited supply too. I need more! Thanks for compliment!

speppers1
Idol
speppers1
In response to Rae_M

i used stickles on the rough side of a transparency and they stayed.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Rae_M

• owen&audrasmom Said:
Trish, the Liquid Pearls I used on this layout came in the June Swirlydoos kit. My lss has a very limited supply too. I need more! Thanks for compliment!

Oh thanks for the info, i will check to see if maybe Archivers carries them.

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to ChansGram

Will the stickles stay if you paint with alcohol inks first???

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to SmartyPants

Well I got kinda worried cuz I made this title last Christmas and I still am waiting for the perfect layout for it. I just now went and found it and it is still all in one piece. I don't know the transparency manufacturer. I did use the rough side. I made some flourishes with Stickles in green and red in this layout and they are still fine but the silver and black one I made fell apart...however it was never used and was just in with my stash so maybe you just have to be really careful with them.

Edited to add this. I just thought of something...I printed the design on the transparency and maybe that is why the stickles adhered as they are on the ink and not right on the transparency.
Now what!? By Dollscrap
Twice Blessed By Dollscrap

Edited by dollscrap on 07-14-09 04:49 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to dollscrap

I tried to use the transparency that comes with clear stamps, with the stamp printing on it, and decorate those stamp images with stickles,,,,,,,and they started popping off easily,,,,,,

coudlnt use them I personally don't care for liquid pearls either,,,,,,I find it's difficult to make them ROUNDED on the top,,,,,I've tried different methods of making the pearls, blowing on them, tapping them on the table,,,,,,,nothing, they're always pointy on top, which I think ruins the effect,,,,,,

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to CommaHolly

I used stickles no problem on a transparency. I first tried the backing that you get with stamps and didnt work to smooth. I found my transparencies I bought when I was in college for a project and used the rougher side worked like a charm. I bought mine at office max or something like that. you can also try sanding it a bit first to see if it will adhere better.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to CommaHolly

I have used distress stickles on a transparency...just the cheap office kind from staples, bought a pack of 50 and they didn't pop off the transparency. The LO below shows it, I did the interloping circles with distress stickles then laid the transparency on top of the pictures...no problems!

I also own all the liquid pearls and I love them, but I haven't used them on a transparency yet, just directly onto the paper to make my own bling.

Castle on a Cloud By Scrap-a-Shop-a-Holic

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to StarsNSparkles

I've stamped with StazOn ink and then stickled with no problem.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics