Username Post: How do you apply losse glitter to a die cut and/or stamped image?        (Topic#1509951)
Resident

Hi there,

I am learning new techniques and would love to start using loose glitter.

I understand how to apply it to small places using a quickie glue pen. But I am unsure of how to apply it to say a cut out of an ice cream cone or a stamped butterfly.

I have heard to use versamark and heat and stick on a stamped image. Where can I get heat and stick? Would a glue pad be as effective.

I have also read that I can use diamond glaze. Does this dry clear? Do I spread it all over my image? Is glossy accents the same thing?

Thanks for all of the help.

Candie

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to peytongirl

for stamped things, I'd use a glue pad,,,,,,for larger images, I'd use something like Martha Stewart's decoupage glue,,,,,,,,comes with a brush in the bottle,,,,,,,

Diamond glaze and glossy accents all dry clear, and are a bit more 3 dimensional than regular glue They are very similar to eachother,,,, HTH,,,,,

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• peytongirl Said:
Hi there,

I am learning new techniques and would love to start using loose glitter.

I understand how to apply it to small places using a quickie glue pen. But I am unsure of how to apply it to say a cut out of an ice cream cone or a stamped butterfly.

I have heard to use versamark and heat and stick on a stamped image. Where can I get heat and stick? Would a glue pad be as effective.

I have also read that I can use diamond glaze. Does this dry clear? Do I spread it all over my image? Is glossy accents the same thing?

Thanks for all of the help.

Candie

You can use Xyron to add adhesive to the FRONT of your die cut. This way no drying time. Add your loose glitter.

I use and love Glossy Accents. Works great to cover glitter and keep it from later traveling all over your page.

But seriously, the easiest way to get glitter onto things is Stickles. One step coverage!

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Another Xyron user & Glossy Accents.

Resident
In response to carbphrek

Sorry for the silly question but do I put glossy accents on before or after the glitter? My brain must be on sleep mode.

Thanks,
Candie

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

• peytongirl Said:
Sorry for the silly question but do I put glossy accents on before or after the glitter? My brain must be on sleep mode.

Thanks,
Candie

No such thing as a silly question. I run my item thru my xyron, sprinkle glitter and shake off, then top with glossy accents. Looks so pretty when dry; which can take 12 hours. Stickles is easier but each method has a little different look so try both to see what you prefer. Have fun.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Sunnydi

I have a glue pad by Pallete and I can't get the glitter to stick to it-- any suggestions?

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to terrihooper

• terrihooper Said:
I have a glue pad by Pallete and I can't get the glitter to stick to it-- any suggestions?

Glitter had never adhered well to stamped images from my glue pad and I have since discovered a new method. Versamark and clear embossing powder, followed by glitter while the embossing powder is still hot. Another blast from the heat gun sets the glitter and I am good to go. I absolutely love my Stickles and think they are the best way to add glitter to my project; but I also want to use the supplies I have on hand and this is my solution.

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to traceyjean

American Crafts also has glitter embossing powders. Very pretty.zin

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to Nancy Keslin

OOhh I love love ZING! Its beautiful. I used the a turquoise colour on an altered canvas, bubble wrap stamped with VersaMark. iT came out fab, if I say so. Hmm need to take a pic.

And here it is...
Zing embossing powder on canvas By Carbphrek

Edited by carbphrek on 07-15-09 09:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to carbphrek

Yes to glitter embossing powers. No wait for drying!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to terrihooper

• terrihooper Said:

Use something else!

Sorry, I was weak and couldn't help myself. I've not used the glue pad and am almost strictly Stickling stuff. Sorry, I couldn't be more help.

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to Vivian loves BLING

I sometimes take decoupage glue, coat the die cut add my glitter let dry, and then add a top coat

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3
In response to Stephanie D

Oh man...now I want all of those wonderful glitter embossing powders from american crafts....makes it so much easier.

The heat and stick is from stampin up! but I hear that stampendous now has a product just the same as that. I forget what it is called, but works just like heat and stick.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Stephanie D

LOL Viv!!!

I like using ModPodge and glitter, then Glossy Accents. Or...no Glossy Accents. I cover things with Distress Stickles...one step, but not the same coverage.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics