Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: What's scrapbooking magazine would you buy?        (Topic#1509955)
New Kid On the Block

Hey There!

There's so many magazines out there dedicated to scrapbooking: Creating Keepsakes, Memory Makers, Scrapbooking, etc....

Out of all of them out there, which one do you think is the best? Best advice, best layouts...?

I look forward to hearing your opinion!
katward10

Tenant
In response to katward10

I like the Scrapbook Trends Magazine. They have a magazines for scrapbooking, card making, etc. I like the ideas they present and they give you enough information to help you recreate it at home. I also find that it's not filled with tons of ads.

They currently have a Mini Album Magazine that you can download for free, and that will give you an idea on how they do their magazines, typically. You can also download their magazines, which is less expensive than purchasing a hard copy.

Kendra1977
Pro
Kendra1977
In response to ariel21

All of them...they are kind of my weakness.

ImForwardByDesign
Veteran
ImForwardByDesign
In response to Kendra1977

I buy memeory makers and Scrapbook etc. I love them both

lifeinthefastlane
Diva
lifeinthefastlane
In response to katward10

I get them all except Scrapbook Trends- way too expensive for my taste. My absolute fav was Simple Scrapbooks, but they recently folded.

Memory Makers is also folding.... their last issues is Sept/ Oct I believe

zoe08
zoe08 
Expert
zoe08
  • zoe08 on 07-15-09 10:34 AM
In response to lifeinthefastlane

I like Scrapbooks, Etc

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone
In response to zoe08

I get them all,
but the one I get the 'most' out of is Scrapbooks, Etc

kristen622
Pro
kristen622
In response to mjmone

I get them all, but I like Scrapbooks, Etc. the best. I like Scrapbook Trends too. I subscribe to the online edition. It's $9.99 a month, and you get Scrapbook Trends, Cards, Bead Trends, and one more (I can't remember which one) so it's a better deal.

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to kristen622

Scrapbook Etc is my favorite. I get Creating Keepsakes find it to be ok. I use to get Memory Makers, but they had too much advertisement in portion to articles.

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3
In response to dotfree

If I could afford any one I would choose scrapbook trends, but it is pricey.

I love Scrapbooks, etc. It is a great mag with awesome techniques and ideas. They also have extras for subscribers online like free sketches and stuff.

I also subscribe to Creating Keepsakes, but a lot of there stuff is repeated. I love the scraprooms section and anything from Jennifer McGuire, but that is about it. I don't think I will renew it.

Hope that helps!

MrsSugarBear
Guru
MrsSugarBear
In response to llprncess3

I get Scrapbooks, Etc.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to MrsSugarBear

I thought Memory Makers was going to cease publication.

kristen622
Pro
kristen622
In response to Luvmyfam

I think it is, with the Sept/Oct issue. I can't say I'm sad; I've found that the style of the layouts haven;t really been my cup of tea lately.

Is anyone else finding Creating Keepsakes kind of boring lately? Everything seems so plain and like someone else said, repetitive. I wouldn;t complain if they wanted to publish one of my LO's though! LOL

smalltowngurrl
Idol
smalltowngurrl
In response to kristen622

I like Creating Keepsakes myself. I haven't tried Scrapbook Trends but I am going to look for it soon.

ScrapbookingMentor
New Kid On the Block
ScrapbookingMentor
In response to smalltowngurrl

Hi there....

The Creating Keepsakes mags are always good..BUT..

I personally LOVE the Better Homes and Gardens Creative Collections (Scrapbooks Etc). when they release them. They are always so detailed and "instructional". They are perfect. I flip through them OVER AND OVER AND OVER again - month after month/year after year. They never lose value for me.

The one titled "Ultimate Guide To Digital Scrapbooking" is one of the most frequent references I have used recently and I would marry it if I could since it's so giving! Tee Hee!

Outside of that - I have also found a bit of a quirky affinity for Paper Trends (for ideas) and Artist' Cafe (by Stampington and Company) for inspiration.

That's just the educator and student in me though. I crave ideas and instruction. If I only see pretty pictures and product ad's I am uninterested.

Edited by ScrapbookingMentor on 07-16-09 10:14 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

sew_crafty_girl
Expert
sew_crafty_girl
In response to ScrapbookingMentor

Another SBE fan here too. I try to just get this one and Papercrafts every once in a while.

New Kid On the Block
In response to sew_crafty_girl

Very Cool!

Thank you to everyone for your input. I'm new to scrapbooking (and scrapbook.com) and knew that the magazines would provide a lot of information (in addition to the books I'm picking up here and there)...but like a couple of people said, I didn't want to waste money on a magazine full of advertisements (that doesn't help anyone).

Hopefully I'll get a profile pic up soon...and some layouts...oh, sorry...I meant LOs! :-) It's tough getting used to all the acronyms. I've figured out that "pp" is patterned paper...haven't figured out TFL yet...anyone? anyone? :-) he he he

Hugs N' Kisses!
katward10

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to katward10

• katward10 Said:
It's tough getting used to all the acronyms. I've figured out that "pp" is patterned paper...haven't figured out TFL yet...anyone? anyone? :-) he he he

Hugs N' Kisses!
katward10

TFL is thanks for looking. Here is the acronym list
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/14024...

anthonysgirl
Governor
anthonysgirl
In response to Here Kitty

i LOVE creating keepsakes!

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to anthonysgirl

I subscribe to both Creating Keepsakes and Scrapbooks, Ect. I really like them both, but I LOVE Scrapbooks, Ect. I would go with that one!!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics