Username Post: New punch, any suggestions?        (Topic#1510337)
GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes

I have the Threading Water punch and love it!! I would like to get another punch that is very versatile, any suggestions??
Products Referenced in This Post:

Mix-on the Memories
Diva
Mix-on the Memories
In response to GinnyHughes

All of my punches are from EK Success and Martha Stewart.

They are just great for card making.

Patti Sylvia
Diva
Patti Sylvia
In response to Mix-on the Memories

Here are a few of my faves that I also feel are very versatile.

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 07-19-09 03:51 AM
In response to Patti Sylvia

If you mean border punches, my favorite is the Fiskars apron lace. It's similar to Threading Water and the two work together well on layouts. I think it's easier to use than Threading Water, plus the cut out dots aren't so miniscule. Easier cleanup!

As for any punches, the most versatile are circle punches (buy every size). I like the Marvy ones because they are BIG, but I also have the Fiskars ones and Paper Shaper ones. I pretty much have every circle punch made, LOL. I also really love the Retro flower punches and square punches.

Only buy the lever punches or handle-squeeze punches. The kind where you punch down a button in the middle are crappy, in my opinion.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to IzzyB

I like the retro flower punches but my favorite border punch is the lace one by MS. I use it the most.

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to Anna C

Apron Lace! It's too cute!

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to JayAndXansMom

My two favorite punches are the EK Success Binding Edge and the EK Success Swiss Cheese.

Judy_Scraps
Mayor
Judy_Scraps
In response to Anna C

• Anna C Said:
I like the retro flower punches but my favorite border punch is the lace one by MS. I use it the most.

Me too! I really like that one.

I also use my scalloped circle punch a lot. I have a ton of flower punches including daisies and a couple sizes of the retro flower.

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to -Melissa-

These are border punches I own that I feel are the most versatile.

Rae_M
Rae_M 
Diva
Rae_M
  • Rae_M on 07-19-09 11:10 AM
In response to traceyjean

I love the Fiskars Apron Lace too! I use it a lot!

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to Rae_M

I just bought the threading water punch and the EK success one below - can't wait to get started as I've seen them both used in so many different ways:

jeni0071
Pro
jeni0071
In response to traceyjean

Fiskars Apron Lace!! Have fun!

gscrapbooks
Expert
gscrapbooks

I have the Threading Water Punch and love it. After using the heck out of that one I wanted to expand and ended up buying the Sentiment Scallop and Upper Crest Border Punches by Fiskars as well as the Binding Edge Border Punch by EK Sucess. I feel like those are all pretty versatile.

I think the Sentiment Scallop really compliments the Threading Water punch.

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to gscrapbooks

So many great choices!!! I don't know which to choose!!

GiRLYTEENAGER
Veteran
GiRLYTEENAGER

I am obsessed with Martha Stewart's classic butterfly punches. It comes two sizes-one big butterfly for one punch and then another punch with a medium and two smaller butterflies. Such a fun tool!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to GiRLYTEENAGER

I love my Martha Stewart doily lace...I think that's what it's called. I use mine A LOT!

KITswpa
Veteran
KITswpa
In response to dollscrap

I love all my punches! I have more punches than I should! I like the Fiskars - Border Punch - Scallop Sentiment because you can add a tiny heart or a tiny circle punch above that one and get different effects. I like to combine my border punches and punch above them with other companies punches. Have fun playing with the different results!

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to KITswpa

I totally love the apron lace punch and upper crest punches. They have great versatility and I have used them again and again. I am also linking a couple of layout examples that use these punches.

Stitch and Friends
By Godschild94
On this one I used the apron lace punch on the orange strip running down the middle of the page.

Welcome
By Godschild94
On this layout I used the Apron Lace punch to add a soft edge to my layout above the plaid strip.

A Tragic Affair
By Godschild94
On this one I used the Upper Crest punch at the bottom of the layout.

Hope this helps you make your decision. They are really all fun punches and I know you will love whichever one you choose!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics