Username Post: Birthday Album - Need Opinions on Idea for it        (Topic#1510359)
LilacGal
Expert
LilacGal

In two weeks, my daughter turns one. I want to make an album for her. I want to have everyone at her party sign the pages and write birthday wishes. I then want to continue that for her following birthdays. When she's 18, she'll have an album full of birthday wishes.

Here's my dilemma. What size, type, and color album do you think I should use? It's going to be around for the next two decades. I usually scrapbook in 12x12 postbound. I was thinking about doing a 3 ring binder though for this since I want it easy to add to. My DH thought a pink or purple would be pretty. I was thinking about a more neutral color. White? Black?

What do y'all think?

Edited by LilacGal on 07-19-09 02:16 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to LilacGal

I'd use a great quality album. I alway use Creative Memories albums. These are strap hinges and aren't the easiest to add to, but you'll only be doing it once a year. I'd pick pink because the album would start with pictures of a cute baby girl.

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to johnsusan8

Are you planning on putting the photos of the birthdays into this too? or just the signatures? If photos too... then definitely go with the 12 x 12. You could either place the signatures on a separate page or design the LO's first and then place the photos... with the signatures as part of the design. Either way, you'd have lots of space for everything.

If not, or just one or two representative ones... like of the cake etc... just the standard notebook size would probably give you enough room.

As for the color, I'd just go with the pretty not so neutral coloring. It'll be more appealing for her as a child most likely and the stuff inside will appeal for her as she ages... so the color outside won't matter so much.

And there are some good quality 3 ring binders out there too... like KMA for instance.

Edited by KatieJo on 07-19-09 05:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to KatieJo

I'd go with a cream color rather than pink. It's timeless and might suit your eventual 18 year old more than baby-pink will.

Cindy

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to cindy312

Oh, and I agree that a 3 ring style would be easy. On the other hand, it's not like you're going to be moving things in and out very often!

I'd probably go with an 8x8 if it's just going to be signatures/messages.

Cindy

ozzyvik
Diva
ozzyvik
In response to cindy312

Hi, I agree with the three ring binders!! I find them really great and use them for all my LO's!

I think your idea is great, sounds like a whole lot of wishes she is going to recieve!! I would still go for Pink, most girls and even grown women love a little pink!! Have fun!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics