Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: What Was You First Car?        (Topic#1510457)
Debby Lewis
Expert
Debby Lewis

It's All About You in 52 Monday on Debby's Dare. So what was your first Car?

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Debby Lewis

This is what I posted: OMG! My first car (and I loved this thing) was a 1970 Grasshopper green metallic buick skylark 2 door. I bought it myself (for $500) because my car option was a 1979 ice blue station wagon otherwise and I wasn't about to drive THAT car! LOL

thanks for this one! it brings back some memories!

writerlady
Expert
writerlady
In response to Seaexplore

My first car was a 1979 mustang... Gosh I LOVED that car! Course, I looked at it and bought it an night (what did I know, I was 17). The next morning, I did find out that it was mostly bondo... lol. I still loved it!!!

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to Seaexplore

I had an old Oldmobile.. a big navy blue boat that I got in 1990, at the age of 22. I was out of the house, on my own. I can't remember the year of the car, but it was old. I got it for $700.

Thanks for bringing back some memories!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to momma paparazzi

omg, a 1972 Ford Fury,,,My maiden name was Fears and I named the thing "Fears' Fancy Fury", but I can tell you there was NOTHING fancy about that car!!!!!!!!!! It was pea soup green, and the emergency brake didn't work, lol. I bought the thing for 600 bucks,,,and I HATED it, lol,,,,,,I got rid of it in 6 months,,,,,,,and bought something that actually RAN safely, lol,,,,,

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to CommaHolly

My first car was my mom's 1984 Ford Granada. It was dark blue and 4 door and I LOVED that car. I thought I was hot stuff! DH (who was my bf at the time) wrecked it! I was so sad!

DH's first car was a 1984 Ford Mustang and that thing was SWEET! It was metallic blue with pink and purple pin stripes! Oh she was pretty! I miss that car!

heynow
heynow 
Pro
heynow
In response to JayAndXansMom

My first car was a 1989 Rally Sport Camero (with T-tops of course). I bought it brand new myself. I was so tickled!!! Kept it for 6 years. So sad the T-tops leaked like crazy everytime it rained.

scrapalooza
Diva
scrapalooza
In response to JayAndXansMom

omg I had a red Gremlin! with an 8-track player!!! We couldn't even hardly find any 8 tracks to play in it, I found one & I can still hear those songs-The Babys... too funny!

TonyaB
TonyaB 
Idol
TonyaB
In response to scrapalooza

my first car was a 1977 Toyota Corolla 2 door sport. It was pumpkin orange. But man it sure could move! I had to get rid of it for the tickets I kept getting!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

My first car was one I never even drove, so it doesn't count. LOL. The first car that I ever drove was a brown Chevy Citation. That thing was butt ugly. Brown exterior, brown interior. I felt like I was sitting in a cr@p canoe going down the road. However, I was also grateful to my mom for even getting me a car. Not everyone in my neighborhood was that lucky. I can't say that I was sad when the steering went and she decided it was too expensive to fix. I took the bus the first year to college until I could afford another car.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to siameseplease

When I was 18 my folks presented me with this HUGE 1954 4door Pontiac Dad had purchased from a friend for $100. It was in brand new condition, a pretty baby blue with those woven plastic seat covers with the silver threads running through. I HATED it and thought it was hideous...until I drove it to school and all they guys thought it was "boss"..(that was the word for cool then). They named it the Crusher. It could fit LOTs of kids in it and we even had a party in it one time..legs and arms hanging out the windows. I was always leaving the emergency brake on...fond memories. No pictures though dangit.

Edited by dollscrap on 07-20-09 07:19 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MindyO
MindyO 
Veteran
MindyO
In response to siameseplease

my first car was an 84 Volkswagon Quantum - it had so many silly problems, like the low oil indicator would buzz at me, and the only way to quiet it, was to turn the air all the way on and have the radio on

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom

• scrapalooza Said:
omg I had a red Gremlin! with an 8-track player!!! We couldn't even hardly find any 8 tracks to play in it, I found one & I can still hear those songs-The Babys... too funny!

My dad's first car was an orange Gremlin. He wishes he still had it and I do too. I LOVE old cars and think his Gremlin was super cool. I have some photos of it. Wonder if daddy's had an 8 track player in it? I'll have to ask him!

crazycricut
Guru
crazycricut
In response to dollscrap

My first car was a 1970 Dodge Charger (the Dukes of Hazards"General Lee" only blue). A true hot rod! It was a beautiful blue with white top. My brother and bf (at the time) bought it, painted it and fixed up for my 16th b-day! The cops used to follow me around town waiting for me to do something stupid! lol

Edited by crazycricut on 07-20-09 07:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

crazycricut
Guru
crazycricut
In response to crazycricut

Somewhere I have pics-I will have to try to dig them out and scrap them!

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to crazycricut

My first car was a 1978 Pontiac Trans Am my mom gave me on year for Christmas. I still have it, and technically haven't driven it because it still needs some work. The first car I had and drove regularly was a 1993 Ford Mustang.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to DesiLee

My first car was a 1982 Oldsmobile Omega that I paid for myself. It was the worst color in the world (Really Rusty brown that was really nasty) but I loved that car. I had it in perfect condition a week before my 17 birthday (I owned it for 2 years, I bought it my dad drove it until I turned 16) someone hit me and totaled my car. I have no pictures of it. I still miss that car over 10 years later.

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 07-20-09 08:04 AM
In response to DesiLee

My first car was a 1969 Pontiac Firebird. Forest green, vinyl interior, 3 speed, no a/c! With big slicks and air shocks in the back. Oh boy, that baby could scoot down the road! I'll have to find those pics.

I sold it to pay for my freshman college tuition. The guy that bought it went to Northern Mich Univ. That first winter, he slide down a hill and parked it in the Lake!

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone
In response to Tivi

oh my!
a metallic blue 1971 Camaro.
bought it from my dad in 1979 for $700

named it Apollo...I loved that car!

grammykimmy
Expert
grammykimmy
In response to mjmone

Mine was a 1976 Vega Station wagon. Cherry red with wood grain (vinyl) paneling. LOL
Hey, we only paid $600 for it and it was better than walking everywhere (including the laundry mat) with two 6 month olds and a 2 year old.
We also had to put a quart of oil in it daily.
The outside was in perfect shape though.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics