Username Post: Best Rolling Travel Scrapbook tote/case?        (Topic#1510835)
4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans

I am going to Scrapfest at MOA. (Yeah!). I have a small travelmate to actually carry around the mall for supplies for the workshops.

I want to take almost everything (almost) to crop at night.

What is best? Pros & Cons? I thought I wanted a MIMI one to match the little bag....but I also see one from scrap-eeze that looks like it would be convienent when opened up at the table.

What kind do you use? Why? Which one's should I avoid? Why?

Thanks!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to 4tgrfans

I love my large MIMI one. I prefer a tote that is a 'color' inside (no black). It's too hard for me to see inside when the lining is black; especially as daylight dims at crops. I also have the Sizzix rolling tote which I like. I take my Big Shot with me a lot and the shelf inside this one is very helpful for organizing supplies to go along with the Big Shot or Side Kick.

For non rolling bags I like the Mimi tote that has a strap so you can put the bag on the tote for transporting reasons. I put a Cropper Hopper paper holder in this bag and load it up with my papers/cs. It stand up on the floor when the paper holder is in it and I can access my papers easily.

If you can go to a crop just to see totes people are using; that helps. Trouble is some of them will have been discontinued... good luck.

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to Sunnydi

Well I really like my MIMI tote. But, I didn't have to pay for it, I won it. So, if price is a factor, I may look at a different brand. I like the looks of the ones at Hobby Lobby and the prices are reasonable. Especially if you could use a coupon.
Which day are you going to Scrapfest? I am going too. This my third year. I think I will be there on Friday but don't know for sure.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by Babylou on 07-24-09 06:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans
In response to Babylou

Thanks ! We are coming to Scrapfest on Friday but won't be in Minneapolis area until about 2:00 (5 hour + drive). We'll be there all day Saturday.

I went back & looked again....don't know where I got the scrapeeze idea....the other one I looked at is a generations Crop Station. The sides fold out, but the front moves out of the way so all your scissors, pens, etc are exposed. It looks like it would easier to have everything handy if you don't have much table space.

Good point about the inside being black....I hadn't thought of that. With everything in a bag, supplies will need to be easy to see won't they or you'll be spend all your time searching !

I've only looked at the MIMI medium, now that I see the dimensions, maybe a large is better.

Thanks again!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to 4tgrfans

I have a large wheeled tote ... I can't remember the brand but I **love** it. It's similar to the mimi one above. I got it for 50% off so it was about $62.

I can stuff almost all of the stuff I want to take (usually the majority of my stash) - minus pp and cs (which I bring in 2 separate plastic containers).

The only downside is unpacking when I get home!

patchouli2000
Expert
patchouli2000
In response to peenut_23

Another vote here for the Mimi. Its very sturdy and good looking. Sounds more like qualifications for a man than a tote!

Kimberly29
Veteran
Kimberly29
In response to patchouli2000

I also have a blue MIMI and I love it!

Expert
In response to patchouli2000

I have the crop-in-style XXL and have been very happy with it. I've never had an issue with the interior being black, but since the supplies I put in there are already in some other containter it's not a huge issue for me. I also have the C-I-S Jr (??) it's a smaller bag that I can slide over the handle of the XXL and that holds all of my paper.

I think I might get to go to Scrapfest too! I missed last year, but had gone the two years before that. It is somewhat of a family vacation though so I don't get to crop, but I still enjoy the make'n takes and I usually do a class or two.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to 4tgrfans

I had the Crop in Style XXL for yrs then switched tot thee Crop in style Navigator for yrs. I loved both of these bags dearly. The xxl was way too heavy when filled to me. When the Mimis came out, I had to get the med. pink rollng one. It holds as much as my nav did. I like it because it is not as bulky & fits better on my van seat. I did get the shoulder one too that will go on top but I usually don't take it. I agree with Di. I never noticed the black inside as a problem but when I didn't have it, I loved it much much better.

NoirCat
Guru
NoirCat
In response to anda11

Check out the Rolling Butterfly by Scrappack.

livelovecreate86
Expert
livelovecreate86
In response to NoirCat

I have a rolling tote that I got at J's for 50% off. I'm not sure of the brand, but its black with pink trim. I think it works pretty good.

I'm going to ScrapFest too! I will be leaving around 4 am on Friday (its about a 5 hour drive) and will be there all day Friday, Saturday, and leaving Sunday afternoon. I'm hoping to meet some new people!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to livelovecreate86

I found my Crop In Style XXL at HL for $50. I told the clerk I wasn't sure if it was the right price. She checked the sales flyer and said that it wasn't the right price. It was 30% off. I got that $130 rolling tote for $35. I also found 4 Making Memories totes for $12.50 each. They were originally $65 each. Yes, those were the correct markdown. These new accessories carry everything to a long crop.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics