Page 1 of 99 
Username Post: **August Anything Goes Challenge**CLOSED!!!        (Topic#1510921)
Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

August is on the way! Time for sign ups!

Are you ready for an exciting month of challenges that will spark your creativity and make you to step outside your comfort zone by challenging you to try variety of techniques? You may even complete that project you always wanted to finish. If so, welcome to August Anything Goes Challenge!

As usual, we will enjoy daily challenges, weekly challenges, weekly photo challenges and a monthly challenge.

SIGN-UPS will be open until August 10th

If you are playing for points/prizes please send me $8.00 via USPS no later than August 15th. If you don't want to count points, you can always play motivational (but you won't be eligible for the prizes).

Please mail to:
Megan A. Walker
311 S LASALLE ST APT 3H
DURHAM, NC 27705-3606

Alternately you can pay via PayPal by sending money to
megannwalker@gmail.com
If you select this method, you will have to pay $8.55 to cover PayPal fees but that’s not that bad considering a stamp would cost you $0.44

Only pages that are NEWLY completed and uploaded on or after August 1st count towards your total points and layouts. This challenge ends on August 31st at 11:59 PM PST. All LOs, cards, pics, or other projects to be counted for points or towards your LO goal must be uploaded to your gallery AND linked to this thread with your point details.

PRIZES: Gift certificates to sb.com!

**Prize Categories**
(prize amounts will be based upon the number of players)

1 - Most points overall - no matter what your goal was or how many layouts you complete, if you have the most points at the end of the month, then you win this category...

2 - Most points 10 or less layouts - if you set your goal for 10 or less layouts and complete 10 or less layouts for the month, then you are eligible for this category - if you complete more than 10 LOs then congrats to you, but that moves you to the other categories...

3 - Random drawing of everyone who meets their goal - very simple, meet your goal and I will put all names into a hat at the end of the month and draw

4 – Most points 11-25 LOs. If you set your goal for 11-25 layouts and complete your goal of 11-25 layouts for the month, then you are eligible for this category - if you complete more than 25 LOs then congrats to you, but that moves you to the other categories...

5 –Most daily challenges completed - I will post a new challenge everyday and if you do them, keep track of how many you complete, then you will be eligible for a prize at the end of the month. If there is a tie, then there will be a drawing. (To be eligible for this category, please start a blog at sb.com to list your challenges completed.) Please note that otherwise stated daily challenges are meant to be completed on a layout, not a card or altered project. There will be few day specific challenges but generally you will be able to complete those challenges at your own pace and you may combine several of them on a same layout.

***** You will only be eligible for prizes having met your LO goal. You can only win in one category.*****

Layouts are counted towards your goal in the following manner:

*8x8 or above (8.5x11, 12x12) = 1 layout (2 pagers count as 2 layouts)
*2 6x6 = 1 layout
*3 4x6=1 layout
*4 mini layouts (3x3, 4x4 etc.)= 1 layout
*Cards do not count toward your layout goal, but you can count points for them*

Altered items and other projects can be counted as "layouts" based on the amount of work in them. If you aren't sure how many to count, just ask!

**A note for people who'd like to play for prizes, but not keep track of points; as long as you link/post your layouts to the thread, you can still be eligible for categories 3 & 5 of prizes!**

WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PLEASE POST YOUR LAYOUT GOAL FOR THE MONTH - YOU MAY CHANGE YOUR GOAL ANYTIME BEFORE SIGN-UPS CLOSE!

Edited by iheartaslan on 09-10-09 06:30 PM. Reason for edit: NEW INFORMATION!! PLEASE READ!!!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

~*~PLAYERS~*~
Money Received=

Megan (iheartaslan) 9/3 GOAL MET!!! 12614 pts 23 DCs
Robin (Robinbird79) 5/5 GOAL MET!!! 1973 points
Crystal (Crystal B.) 10/8 GOAL MET!!! 13679 30/31 DC

Laura (thirdgrade) 10/10 GOAL MET!!! 9,064 pts 24 DCs

Kate (kyttikate) 20/15 GOAL MET!!! 6318 pts 6 DCs
Angie (JayAndXansMom) 20/15 LOs GOAL MET!! 12,995 pts. 29 DCs
Renee (Renee Louise) 0/18 1206 pts
April (April C.) 32/20 lo's Goal Met, 15, 260 points 31 DC's

Sabrina (scrapinbabygal) 24/20 GOAL MET!!! 23291 pts 30 DCs

Julie (senora_x) 21/20 GOAL MET!!! 9507 pts 13 DCs
Paula (Faithscrapper) 15/25 9491 pts
Margy (Margy) 25/25 GOAL MET!!!!! 29057 pts 31 DC
Quay (Quay) 44/25 GOAL MET!!! 12,446 pts. 31 DCs
Marci (MommyMarci) 30/30 GOAL MET!!! 12,725 pts
Anne (MommaSaid) 35/30 LO's GOAL MET!!!!! 16,438 pts 29 DC

Karen (scrapriquez) 7/50 7036 points
Geri (scrapn2) 60/50 Goals met!!! 27,416 pts, 31 DCs
Anne (taeklund) 76/51 GOAL MET! 30,666 pts 26 DCs

~*~MOTIVATIONAL~*~
Crystie (Croppincrystie) 0/20
KingMemories 0/31
Melanie (2lilbugs) 0/10 signed off
Tracey (traceyjean) 0/20
Jen (jjfer) 0/15
Inspired.By.Love
Elizabeth (ScrappyNewMom) 0/5

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

~*~CHALLENGES~*~

~*~Daily Challenges~*~
Each day a new challenge will be posted. These challenges can be done at your own pace unless specified in the challange. These can easily be incorporated into any card or LO. You can take +10 pts for completing the challenge on the same day it was posted.

8/1:There are 3 parts to today's challenge and you must complete all 3 to take any points. (1) Set up siggy, (2) Set up daily challenges blog, & (3) Change your avatar for 150 pts for all 3 parts.
8/2:Need some motivation to get this month started? I know I do! Use this pagemap to do a LO for +300 pts.
July 09 Pagemap-AGC
By Iheartaslan
8/3:Two options for getting today’s points. YOU CAN ONLY RECEIVE POINTS FOR ONE OR THE OTHER...AND if you took organization points for yesterday’s challenge you can’t use that again today!

1)Didn’t get your organizing done yesterday? Well, we want to start the month off all organized and ready to go, so if you have work to do in this area, get to it! Share a before and after shot (it doesn’t have to be perfect, I don’t want to overwhelm you, we just want to see significant IMPROVEMENT.) When you’ve shared your photos you’ve earned 100 points.

2)If you are already organized, good for you! Just share a picture showing your scrap space ready to go, if you didn't do this for yesterday's challenge, and redo your “MyPlace” in the scrapbook.com neighborhood instead! Make sure your “about you” info is up-to-date and choose a new background. 100 points for this as well.
8/4:Lift a layout that was shared on the July Anything Goes Challenge thread. Share both the original and your layout for 80 points. July AGC
8/5:Hump Day Wednesday so let’s go with an easy one. I want to see some paper tearing on a layout or card for 70 points!
8/6:Use a book title as a layout title. The layout doesn’t have to actually be related to the book in any way, just use the same title. 90 points.
8/7:Animals are everywhere in scrapbooking right now! I want to see a card or layout with any kind of animal in the paper or embellishments. Patterned paper, die-cut, sticker, rub-on, etc...anything goes as long as we can see it. 100 points.
8/8:Double the points for the journaling you do on ONE layout IF it is all handwritten! Calculate your journaling points based on the normal points listed at the beginning of the thread, and then double it up to a maximum of 300 additional points.
8/9: A day to relax and play! Go to the “games” forum here and play some games. Give yourself 10 points for each game you play up to a maximum of 100 points. You must tell us the name of the game you played to receive the points.
8/10: August is National Simplify Your Life Month. Create a clean and simple LO for 150 points.
8/11:Today is national Son and Daughter day. Do a LO about a son or daughter. Now since some people do not have children, this LO can be about anyone who is a son or daughter. 130 points.
8/12:In celebration of the meteor shower that is occuring, create a LO and use stars and any kind of bling on a LO for 150 points.
8/13:Handstitching is a favorite of mine. On one LO you can take double points for each hand stitch. BUT you can only take a 300 additional double points. For example, if you create a LO with 450 stitches. You get the 1 pt per hand stitch (as per the points list) at 450, but you can only take an additional 300 points. Any questions, just ask!
8/14:Today is National Creamsicle Day, yummy! Use the color orange on a LO for 150 points.
8/15:Do ya’ll know that month of August celebrates friends? I didn’t. For today’s challenge, let’s enlarge our friend list. For every new friend added to your list take 10 points. You can do this for up to 15 friends (i.e. you only get 150 total points). It doesn’t matter who added who, both people can take the points. Post the 15 new friends you added when taking points! This challenge doesn't have to be done today, but you have to complete it and take your points on ONE day. Meaning you can't add 2 friends today, 5 tomorrow, 7 in a week, etc....
8/16:In 1977, on this day, the King of Rock and Roll, Elvis Pressley, died. To commemorate his impact on the world. Do a LO using something “Elvis-y.” Some examples would be: a title of one of his songs as a title on your LO, a LO about peanut butter/banana sandwiches, or a LO based on Elvis’s clothes (think white suit with lots of rhinestones). The interpretation is up to you, but explain to us how the LO is “Elvis-y.” 150 points
8/17:In honor of my birthday today make a birthday lo for 75 points take an additional 25 points if you make a card with the scraps!
8/18:I am all about recycling and recently I tried to start making the most off my scrapbook supplies. For todays challenge, reuse the package that your embellies or other supplies come in, in anyway on your lo. Don't just throw them away! + 120
8/19:I love lo's with trees on them! Create a lo with a handmade tree on it for 75 points. Twist! The tree must have 3 different types of paper on it.
8/20:Create a lo using number lace, if you don't have any on hand create your own! This is a great way to use up random numbers that come in with alphabet letters and numbers! +100
8/21:+125 points for being fantastic friends!!!
8/22:I copied this idea from another challenge here and thought it was a great idea.

Create a monochromatic lo using white and black to balance it out. Here is an example
Little Miss Sunshine (embellished Idol 3rd week challenge) By Scrappermarj
+150 If you completed this challenge you have to submit another lo to take the points here.
8/23:I know some kids have already been back to school for some time, but here is Cali this is the last day before school starts(aside from those that have started early)
Create a lo about school, whether this is you or your child or someone elses child. Have fun!!+150
8/24:
Each morning is started off with a good breakfast before school. I remember lots of days with cereal and was a happy camper with all my favorite cereals!

Pick one of your favorite cereals from when you were going to school and use either the name of the cereal or it's slogan as your title on a lo. There are lots of cereals out there can't wait to see what we come up with!
120pts
8/25:Take 120 points due to my absence and you ladies are so fab and patient!! You may also take the extra 10 for doing it today until 12noon PST on 8/26
8/26:How many of us have duplicates and sometimes 3/4/5 of the "same" picture. Find them in the ever so growing pile of pics and scrap them. Use two or more of the "same identical" picture on the lo. All the pics can be in color, one of them may be in bw, sepia, colored.... doesn't matter... as long as they are the same pose, face, objects surrounding the subject, so on. KWIM?? 125pts
8/27:Quilling. Create a lo using quilling technique. There is a free tuturial here on the site if anyone needs it that hasn't tried it before. 125pts
8/28:Crayons (24 colors)............ Create a LO using 24 colors from a box of crayons. You must list the colors in your "description" when uploading. All colors are to come from your embellishments/paper NOT pictures. Here is a link to help you with naming the colors crayon colors 300pts
8/29:Create a lo with "two different" handmade embellishments. 125pts
8/30:Create a lo using a bug OTHER than a butterfly. (bee, dragonfly, ladybug, etc.) 120 pts
8/31:Let's meet our goals! take +75 points for each LO uploaded today up to a total of 300 pts max. take +30 pts for every card uploaded today maximum total btwn LOs and cards is 300 pts. Take 50 pts for every altered item you complete and upload today-Maximum 300pts for cards, LOs and altered items.

Due by 8/31 midnight PST

Picture Challenges:

an ice cream sundae=+250pts

MONTHLY CHALLENGE8/1-8/31
This month it is all about home decor. I want you to make or alter something you can display in your home. Take a picture of your project before it is altered. Worth +100 pts for the before picture. If you take a picture of HOW you are altering your project take +50 pts. The picture of and the final altered project are worth +450 pts. The picture must be of the item displayed in your home!

Edited by iheartaslan on 08-31-09 04:06 AM. Reason for edit: Adding Challenges!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

HERE IS A BONUS POINTS OPPORTUNIY:
If you get your money in to me by the 5th of August take +300 pts,
if you get the money in to me by the 10th of August take +200 pts,
and if you get the money in to me by the 15th of August (the due date) take +100 pts!

~*~POINTS LIST~*~
LO, CARD, AND ALTERED PROJECT ITEM POINTS

1 POINT ITEMS
- PER photo corner, eyelet, button, staple, brad, paper clip, grommet, jewel, metal clips, etc.
- PER sticker used (flat or 3D)
- PER letter/number used in title only (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rub-on, die cut, etc.)
- PER hand stitch
- PER die-cut item (shape, letter, number, etc.)

5 POINTS PER EACH ITEM USED ON A LO OR CARD
(example: if you use three different pattern papers take 15 points)
- PER cardstock/pattern paper used
- PER scripture, recipe, quote or poem (includes song lyrics)
- PER card or swap item made (full points for first, 5 pts for each identical one)
- PER stamped image (not including letters or numbers)
- PER layout 6x6 or smaller (MUST have a link in this forum)
- PER type/kind of ribbon or fiber used
- PER 3D flower
- PER type of bling
- PER color of stickles or paint used
- PER hand-cut embellie (that you cut out w/ scissors)
- PER rub on shape or word(border, frame, flower,“love” etc. NOT individual letters or numbers)
- PER challenge on sb.com that your LO was created for (must tell what challenge(s) it was created for)
- PER color of ink used
- PER type of distressing (inking, tearing, etc...any type)

5 POINTS FOR USING THESE ITEMS/TECHNIQUES ON A LO OR CARD
(only take 5 points once for each item you use, no matter how many times you use it)
- for using chipboard shapes or letters/numbers
- for using die cut shapes
- for using a corner punch
- for using flourishes/swirls
- for using ghost shapes, ghost letters, or transparencies
- for using circles on your LO
- for using flowers on your LO
- for using felt, foam, fabric, vinyl, or metal items
- for having a journaling block OR journaling strips
- for using ink, stickles, paint, chalk, or embossing on your layout or card
- for doodling
- for making something 3D (like using pop dots or a 3D sticker or foam under paper)
- for using non-scrapbook items on your page (includes memorabilia other than pics)
- for using the following themes: school/college/trade school, etc.; summer; YOU
- for having hidden pics or journaling—to take these points, you must include a close up of the hidden items in your gallery and link to this thread

10 POINT ITEMS:
- PER 8x8 or larger (8.5x11, 12x12) layout (MUST have a link in this forum)
- PER layout with no pictures
- PER layout about yourself
- PER mini-album created (may still take points per page)
- PER altered item created
- for using scraps
- for putting embellies or journaling on the photograph
- for scraplifting a member of sb.com (link the original page too, always possible even if it is just the link-that starts with http://-- cannot take points without link)

PICTURE POINTS ON YOUR LAYOUTS/PROJECTS/CARDS

5 POINTS:
- PER picture (4 pics = 20 pts.)
- PER person or animal in each pic
- PER picture over 5 years old OR less than two months old
- PER black & white, sepia toned, or colored picture (ex. a pic made blue or purple)

10 POINTS:
- PER picture that YOU are in
- PER picture with NO people or animals in it
- PER photo larger than 4x6 or 3x3 (2x3, 2x2, etc.) or smaller
- for single page LO w/ 3+ pics OR double page LO w/ 7+ pics

JOURNALING POINTS

-1 point PER word of journaling (not pre-printed embellies) up to 400 points
-25 points for every 50 words over 400 (E.g. Total of 500 words would equal 450 points)
-10 points for using handwritten journaling on your page (or 20 pts for 50+ words or 50 points for 100+ words)

ADDITIONAL POINTS

1 POINT:
- PER comment you post in a gallery/blog/my place
- PER new photo taken by you, posted to gallery and linked to this thread

5 POINTS:
- PER any NEW BLOG entry (MUST have a link to this forum)
- For cleaning up your scrap area after you completed the posted layout
- For updating your siggy-points & layouts info IMMEDIATELY after posting points
- For using your stash until your next scrapbook purchase on LOs smaller than 8x8 or cards

10 POINTS
- For using your stash on each LO 8x8 or larger until your next supply shopping trip.

(No matter when you plan to use the new supplies, your first supply/tool purchase will prevent you from taking the stash points for the rest of the month. Gifts that YOU receive, that you did NOT purchase, do not affect your ability to take stash points.)

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

Challenge Volunteers! These are the new rules for people who want to volunteer to do a week of challenges.
1.The weekly challenge cannot be worth more than 350 pts.
2.The daily challenges can only be worth 150 pts with one exception per week up to 300 pts. So 6 days of 150 points or less and one challenge up to 300 points.
3.The daily challenges should generally be something that can be incorporated into ANY LO. Not a challenge that you must make a LO for that you wouldn't have made otherwise. But it CAN require you to make a whole LO for one challenge per week.
4.Picture challenges can only be worth up to 250 pts total added up for all pictures. There should not be more than 6 pictures for the weekly photo challenge.

****Weeks will run from Monday to Sunday!****
August
1-2 iheartaslan
3-9 MommyMarci
10-16 Margy
17-23 kyttikate
24-30 scrapriquez
31 iheartaslan
THANKS KAREN, MARGY, MARCI, AND KATE FOR VOLUNTEERING TO COME UP WITH THE WEEKLY AND DAILY CHALLENGES!

kyttikate
Guru
kyttikate
In response to Megan Ann

Here I am gettin ready for August!

kyttikate
Guru
kyttikate
In response to kyttikate

Megan I would like to do week 17-24 Thanks!

kyttikate
Guru
kyttikate
In response to kyttikate

I guess thats 17-23

SplendidMoments
Governor
SplendidMoments
In response to kyttikate

i'm in Megan!!

i will take week 3-9

SplendidMoments
Governor
SplendidMoments
In response to SplendidMoments

LO Goal 50

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 07-25-09 08:09 AM
In response to SplendidMoments

Hey! I'm in again...

LO goal is 25

And I'm off to paypal to send my money...

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 07-25-09 08:12 AM
In response to Quay

You should get the money today!! I love paypal...

scrapinbabygal
Queen
scrapinbabygal
In response to Quay

Hello. So glad your hosting Megan!!!

I will try for 20 again!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to kyttikate

• kyttikate Said:
I guess thats 17-23

got you down for that week. do you have a LO goal in mind?

Inspired.By.Love
Diva
Inspired.By.Love
In response to scrapinbabygal

Ok. I'm Here, And Vacation Got Pushed Back To Sept. Or Oct. So I Have August Free With No Traveling.. YaY!

I've Been Checkin' In & Out The Past Few Months Tryin' To Get A Feel For The New Rules So Please Bare With Me As I Ask 1 Million And 5 Questions This Month...

Starting With...

*Prize Category #5 Says And I Quote..

"Please note that otherwise stated daily challenges are meant to be completed on a layout, not a card or altered project."

But On The Daily Challenge Post It Says And Again I Quote..

"These can easily be incorporated into any card or LO."

See My Confusion? So Is It That The Daily Challenges Are Meant To Be On LO's Only Unless Specified Or Has It Changed To Where You Can Make Cards/LO's/Altereted Projects For All Daily Challenges?

Thanks For Your Patience With Me

Margy
Margy 
Queen
Margy
  • Margy on 07-25-09 09:34 AM
In response to Inspired.By.Love

Hey Megan, I'll do a week of challenges. I'm in for August, but I want to set my goal at 10 Layouts. School starts back up again

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to Inspired.By.Love

Count me in for August! This will be my only challenge so I'll also move myself from motivational to actually playing!

And again with the forgetting my goal! For now I'll say fifteen then do the real count.

Bump that up to 50 please!

Edited by MommaSaid on 07-25-09 09:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pistachio
Veteran
pistachio
In response to MommaSaid

Okay, here goes. New to the forum thing but have moved to an area with no fellow scrapbookers. Will do the challenge without the prizes to see how I do and if it can motivate me (I have been "shopping" and "surfing" instead of completing albums). Goal - 31 pages.

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to pistachio

I'm in again!

My goal will be 15 for August. I'll be busy with school starting back for my oldest son and both boys playing sports!!

scrapinbabygal
Queen
scrapinbabygal
In response to JayAndXansMom

Here are my suggestions:

5 pts for using vellum
5 pts for using rounded corners

theme could be end of summer/summer, trying something new (i.e. a new scrapbook technique, a new restaurant, going to a new place)

Also, I would love for per paint and per challenge pts to stay
thanks

Page 1 of 99 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics