Username Post: Recipe book?        (Topic#1511431)
zoe08
zoe08 
Expert
zoe08
  • zoe08 on 07-30-09 02:52 PM

My sister and I are planning on making recipe books using my Grandmother's recipes. We are making them for each of our cousins, and one for each of us. Which will make a total of 6 books.

We are planning to use 3 ring binders and page protectors. We bought My Mind's Eye Simply Delightful Paper pack to use. We also got a couple of sticker sheets, but we had a hard time finding stuff good for a making a recipe book.

So I thought I would ask if any of you know of any good things to use? If you know any good lines that have stickers or anything. I do have a cricut too, but I don't know if any cartridges have a lot of cooking stuff? If there is a good one, I could get that too.

We are going to make them by hand, so all the books will not be identical.

If you have any ideas, please post them!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to zoe08

jfyi...

There's a new Cricut Cart on it's way called From My Kitchen!

It's way cute!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

The Fiskars Apron Lace Border Punch is especially awesome to use for recipe cards & such!

There's a variety of food-inpired stuff to be found in the Superstore.

- food
- recipes
- fruit
- BBQ
Products Referenced in This Post:
Jolee's Boutique - Chef (Discontinued)

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to KellyCali

Yep, there's some really cool stuff in the superstore that I've used for recipe swaps. Creative Imaginations and Teresa collins have a bunch.

I got a mini-baking related stamp set called "kiss the cook" from a site called clear dollar stamps (not everything is actually a dollar). I also have a set that looks kind of vintage, includes a flour sack, utensils, the campbell's soup kids, various other things. unfortunately, its not with the rest of my clear stamps for some reason and I can't lay my hands on it right now.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Tina scraps

Forget the lines. Make and take pix of the food and/or the persons who you got the recipes from. I've got several recipe pages in 8.5x11 sizes.

I've got an album in my gallery here just for recipes.

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

Made 4 albums in 8.5x11 sizes and several 4x6 ones for gifts this past Christmas.

zoe08
zoe08 
Expert
zoe08
  • zoe08 on 07-30-09 07:58 PM
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
jfyi...

There's a new Cricut Cart on it's way called From My Kitchen!

It's way cute!

When does it come out? Is there somewhere I can see what's on it?

Septic
Septic 
Veteran
Septic
In response to zoe08

I think taking pictures of the finished product would be a good idea. You could use pictures of the ingredients as well, possibly.

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 07-31-09 05:59 AM
In response to Septic

I found a preview of 'From My Kichen' on the cutncrop website. That site says it should ship mid September. I couldn't find anything on the cruicut website, tho.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to Tivi

I'm going to be making a recipe book myself soon, and have been looking around to get ideas. One that I found was to put quick, simple recipes on tags, and store them in pockets on a page. This would probably only work for recipes that don't have many ingredients, but it looks cute.

zoe08
zoe08 
Expert
zoe08
  • zoe08 on 07-31-09 07:45 AM
In response to DesiLee

All the recipes I am using will be my Nanny's recipes that we grew up having at her house. Most of them are going to be pretty in depth because she makes most everything from scratch.

I might try taking pictures of the actual food for some of them, but if we are going to get these done by Christmas, I don't think there is any way I could do it for all of them.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to zoe08

So a page about Nanny would be a great opener for your book. Not all the recipes have to have pix of the completed food. If you have various pix of Nanny cooking or eating or even other family members cooking or eating, those would work. Or just recipes with cooking embellishments or whatever you like.

I've been a pain about taking pix of foods for years so it wasn't too bad. Plus at Thanksgiving, I went nuts with taking pix of everything I made, so I had alot of pix to work with. And I made certain things just so I could get photos of them.

Could you ask family members to make and take pix of some of the recipes? Do certain family members have favorites?

I need to get back to making more recipe pages. I made my albums with room to add more. Had family give me recipes to include in the next "update" so be warned that could happen to yours too.

MindyO
MindyO 
Veteran
MindyO
In response to Vivian loves BLING

LOL- I take pics of my food I make all the time

lettering delights (.com) is where I got several cute things for the recipe book I did several years ago

zoe08
zoe08 
Expert
zoe08
  • zoe08 on 07-31-09 09:10 PM
In response to MindyO

Mindy, I looked at that website, is it for making digital pages? Or regular paper pages?

MindyO
MindyO 
Veteran
MindyO
In response to zoe08

I guess it is for digi scrapping, but I make regular pages just by simply printing out what I wanted on cardstock and cutting it out

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics