Username Post: Circle cutter?        (Topic#1511627)
meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser

What circle cutter do you use? Do you use a glass mat? I'm getting ready to get a cutter and want to get the right one.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to meezerpleaser

I use a Coluzzle. You have to use a foam mat with it.

I've never used a glass mat for anything, although people say they're gret.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to Bxr-Linda

I love the Creative Memories circle cutters! If you don't know anyone that sells it, then Moxiegirl23 (here at sb.com) sells it!!

Here is her profile!! Her Cm website is listed on there.

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=profiles...

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to TripletMother

Does anyone use Fiskars? What bout Cutterbee?

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Fiskars is my favorite circle cutter. I use the USX with templates, on a regular craft mat. I haven't tried a glass mat yet. What I like about the Fiskars templates is that you can see exactly what you are cutting. It's easy to precisily cut a circle in a photo or on patterned paper in exactly the place you want to cut. Just place the template and cut with the USX. Some people complain that the USX does not work, but the trick is to have the template in the right direction, with the Fiskars name facing up.

I also have the Creative Memories system, but I no longer use it. Their template is great for exact positioning, however, you have to move the template to place the circle down for cutting. Doing that is harder than it sounds, unless you are not being precise.

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to Luvmyfam

Had the Fiskars and the WRMK Magnetic cutter. Neither worked for me. The best circle cutter I've ever used is Cutterbee. You do a glass mat to use it.

Rae_M
Rae_M 
Diva
Rae_M
  • Rae_M on 08-01-09 10:50 AM
In response to traceyjean

I have the WR Memory Keepers Circle Cutter, and I love it! There is a little bit of a learning curve, and you have to use it on a self healing mat.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley

• meezerpleaser Said:
Does anyone use Fiskars? What bout Cutterbee?

I use the Fiskars, but I find it to be a pain.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by Smashley on 08-01-09 01:26 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pieces of me
Expert
pieces of me
In response to traceyjean

• traceyjean Said:
Had the Fiskars and the WRMK Magnetic cutter. Neither worked for me. The best circle cutter I've ever used is Cutterbee. You do a glass mat to use it.

I agree. Best circle cutter I have ever owned, but you HAVE to use a glass mat.

Edited by pieces of me on 08-01-09 01:35 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

2manyhobbies?!
Expert
2manyhobbies?!

LOVE my cutterbee set - but glass matt is a must with it. I have a fiskars shape cutting set - HATED it. Even with the glass matt it was still a pain to use and hard (for me) to get a good clean circle without stuff sliding all over the place.

My cricut expression could do the same too but sometimes the low tech solution is easier to pull out and use (finding a centerpoint with the cutterbee seems to be easier for me than the doing it on the expression and I can visually see what size I'm going to cut too)

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to 2manyhobbies?!

This gets enough that I blogged my answer some time ago.

Cutting Circles

pistachio
Veteran
pistachio
In response to Vivian loves BLING

I love the Creative Memories cutting system. It is easy to use. They have just improved the self-healing mat to a 12x12 size.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to pistachio

I just bought the creative memories 12 in circle cutter and 12x12 mat.

ljmorganx2
Expert
ljmorganx2
In response to NMlady

I have the Creative Memories circle cutters and love them. I just bought the new 12" circle but it hasn't come in yet. I use a self healing mat with my cutters but not the CM mat.

I also have the Fiskars cutting system. It works very well once you know how to use it. It isn't the easiest to use at first but I do agree with Luvmyfam above that you can see exactly what you are cutting.

I would definitely recommend the CM cutters if someone was buying their first set.

Patti Sylvia
Diva
Patti Sylvia
In response to Rae_M

• owen&audrasmom Said:
I have the WR Memory Keepers Circle Cutter, and I love it! There is a little bit of a learning curve, and you have to use it on a self healing mat.

I have this set too and really like it!

creativesoul_in_WI
Governor
creativesoul_in_WI
In response to Patti Sylvia

I Love LOVE LOVE my CM set! I like Vivian have tried others and still come back to my CM circles. I'm looking forward to getting the new 12" circle and mat. So CM circle it is!

Risse
Risse 
Veteran
Risse
  • Risse on 08-05-09 09:06 PM
In response to creativesoul_in_WI

The MS circle cutter works great!!

Edited by Risse on 08-05-09 09:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics