Page 1 of 152 
Username Post: The Eiffel Tower Gallery/Support Group (Full and Active!)        (Topic#1511645)
Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 08-01-09 09:48 AM

OK, ladies, here is the new thread.

Our old thread is here if we need to refer back to it.

Our members

ACTIVE:
Kell - Kellmorris Oct. 1
Trisha - trishalouise Mar. 17
Twila - twilatf Nov. 25
Sue - suzi29 Jan. 8
Mindy - mindyradio Feb. 18
Lynn - Scrappinresp04 Aug. 18
Nina - Ninja March 5
Jordan - JordanRadio Feb. 2
Ami - Ami G (Tentative Group Driver) Feb. 1
Missa - missafoy May 2

MEMBERS MUST CHECK IN/POST AT LEAST ONCE A MONTH TO REMAIN ACTIVE.

INACTIVE:
Laura / Pandy - Pandy Aug. 22
Ulrica - Emmy74 Oct. 13
Holly - Devinsmommy Feb. 24
Steph - Steph K Feb. 29
Hannah - Hannahsaucier June 27

***REGARDING CHALLENGE PRIZES: A prize is given each quarter (every three months) to the person who has the most technique challenge points. (In the event of a points tie, a winner will be randomly drawn.) A separate, smaller participation prize is also given each quarter--if at least five members participate in the challenge, all people who participated, whether it was in the BOM OR the TECH Challenge (excluding the points winner) are entered and a name is drawn for a little participation RAK. The BOM points accrue all year long for an end-of-year prize.***

JUNE CHALLENGES!!
June TECH Challenge: Work A Sketch!
For this challenge, simply find a sketch online that you like and scrap a layout based on it! If you need some ideas for sketch sites, let me know and I'll provide some for you. 25 points, no twist!

June BOM Challenge: Scrap A Summer Memory
This is wide open--could be any summer memory at all, old, new, whatever. Journal at least a few sentences about the memory and why it is special to you! 25 points, no twist!

DEADLINE: Midnight, Sunday, July 3rd!
_________________________ ______________________

MAY CHALLENGES!!
May TECH Challenge: Color Palette: Warm Colors!

For this challenge, simply use warm colors on at least 50% of your layout! Warm colors are the portion of the color wheel including, red, orange and yellow (and variations of these). Warm it up!! 25 points!
TWIST: If your layout theme matches the "warm" colors, you get 10 extra points! For example, scrap summer/warm weather pics, fires, "hot" fashions, etc.!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

May BOM Challenge: Chill!
For this challenge, scrap what you/your family do to just unwind, relax and CHILL OUT! What does chilling out mean to you?
25 points!
TWIST: 10 extra points
for using the word "Chill" in your title!

BOTH CHALLENGES DUE BY MIDNIGHT ON FRIDAY, JUNE 3rd!!
APRIL CHALLENGES!!
April TECH Challenge: Apply Another Craft
For this challenge, incorporate another hobby or craft that you enjoy into your layout! Do you like painting, drawing, knitting, clay sculpting, beading, stenciling or other crafts? Think of a way to include that know-how on your page.
NO TWIST--worth 35 points!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
April BOM Challenge: Your Choice
This month, choose a subject for your BOM that you've been wanting to do but haven't had the chance. This is completely open and up to you. Whatever you would like to document in your Book of Me, this month is your chance, and it will count towards challenge points!
NO TWIST--worth 35 points!

BOTH CHALLENGES DUE MIDNIGHT, SATURDAY, APRIL 30th!
MARCH CHALLENGES!!

BOM CHALLENGE: LUCKY ME!
This month, in honor of St. Patrick's Day and luck, scrap about something that makes you feel lucky! Lucky to have, lucky to be able to do, lucky to feel, etc. Anything at all!
25 points!
TWIST: Of course, use GREEN on your layout (anywhere and in any quantity) for 10 extra points!

TECH CHALLENGE: Use A Quote!
This month, I am challenging you to create a page that includes a quote. It can be a child's quote (because they do say some funny and great things!), a best friend's quote, a movie quote, a quote from a song, a quote from your grandma...the possibilites are endless!
Your quote can be your title (or part of it) or it can just be recorded in your journaling. Tell the story of this quote and why you love it!
25 points!
TWIST: Use at least 3 different patterned papers for 10 extra points!!

BOTH CHALLENGES DUE BY MIDNIGHT, THURSDAY, MARCH 31st!!

FEBRUARY CHALLENGES!!

BOM CHALLENGE: BEGINNINGS
For this challenge, I want you to focus on beginnings in your life. It can be something you are just starting to implement in your life--a new outlook, a diet, a relationship, a friendship, a lifestyle, a new hobby, whatever it is--scrap about this new beginning. It could even be about the beginning of a new life and what that means for your own life.
25 points!
TWIST: Use BLUE on your layout for 10 extra points!! Total: 35 points!
_________________________ _______

TECH CHALLENGE: LEFTOVER LETTERS
For this challenge, pull out those old packs (sticker alphas, Thickers, whatever) of letters that don't have much left in them (or that you normally don't reach for anymore because you can't form titles with what's left). Or those random letters you have left over from cutting something with your die cut machine. Be creative, combine different fonts and styles for your title, or come up with a new way to work them into your layout design (such as with masking/inking or spraying to make a background pattern, or sticking them down in a random pattern, make a border with them, cut them up to make embellishments, whatever you like!) Come up with something unique and fun! 25 points!
TWIST: 10 extra points for using at least two different colors of fonts/letters in any way on the layout! (Feel free to use more!)
BOTH CHALLENGES DUE BY MIDNIGHT, MONDAY, FEBRUARY 28th!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
JANUARY CHALLENGES

BOM Challenge: What's The Word?
Bringing this one back for 2011--the challenge is to choose one word that sums up your plans for the new year--how you want to aspire to live, dream, create, etc. This word will set the tone for your 2011 BOM! You can use whatever pictures you like, or no pictures at all! You can include any resolutions if you made any and want to include them. But be sure to tell us your word and why you chose it in your journaling. 25 POINTS!
TWIST: None this month; everybody gets 10 extra points just for doing this one! TOTAL 35 POINTS!

JANUARY TECH CHALLENGE: Use Your Stamps!
For this challenge, simply use at least one stamp (or as many as you like!), directly on your layout, or as an embellishment, or any way you want. So stamp it up, girls!!
Twist: None! 35 points!

BOTH CHALLENGES DUE BY MIDNIGHT ON MONDAY, JANUARY 31st!
_________________________ _________________________ ____

DECEMBER CHALLENGES!!
December BOM Challenge: Tradition
For this challenge, do a layout about a cherished tradition you have. It can be Christmas/Holiday-related , but it doesn't have to be. It can be any tradition you love or cherish, family or individual, any kind at all. You must include at least one paragraph of journaling about it and why it's important to you.
35 points! No twist!

December TECH Challenge: Use Your Senses
This month, let your page be inspired by the five senses:
touch - use textured paper (or fabric, or anything with texture)
sight - use your favorite patterned paper (or other favorite item) in your stash
smell - use something on your page that, if real, would have a smell (e.g, flowers, cupcake accents, etc.)
taste - use food-related embellishments or paper
sound - use song title or song lyrics somewhere on your page
Worth 35 points! No twist!

BOTH CHALLENGES DUE BY MIDNIGHT, FRIDAY, DECEMBER 31st!!

NOVEMBER CHALLENGES!!

November BOM Challenge: Looking Forward
As this year draws to a close, scrap about something you are looking forward to. It can be something that's coming up fast, such as the holidays, or something that's a long-term goal or event--could be weeks, months, or even years before it happens, but if you're looking forward to it, scrap it this month for your BOM. 35 points
NO TWIST!
------------------------- --

November TECH Challenge: Eleven
November is the eleventh month, so for this challenge, simply use eleven of *something* on your layout. It can be eleven pieces of patterned paper, eleven buttons, eleven pictures, eleven stickers, exactly eleven letters in your title, or whatever item you want. Just use eleven of it! Tell us what you used in your description. 35 points!
No twist this month!

BOTH CHALLENGES DUE BY MIDNIGHT, FRIDAY, DECEMBER 3rd!!

OCTOBER CHALLENGES!
October BOM Challenge: Change
As we go into October, we are officially into the change of seasons! This month's focus for our BOM is Change. Is something currently changing in your life? Is change something you embrace or does it cause you to fear? Scrap what change means to you, in your life right now. It can be something simple, funny or profound and thoughtful. 25 points
TWIST: 10 extra points for using FALL colors for 50% of your layout! Examples: brown, orange, gold, deep purple, red, etc.)

October TECH Challenge: O for October!
For this challenge 75% of your layout must be made up of things that begin with the letter "O". Use your imagination, this is very lenient. Some examples to get you started (you don't have to use these, they are just to help get you thinking):
October Afternoon paper
Offbeat or Origins line by Basic Grey
Olivia by Bo Bunny or Once Upon A Time by DCWV
Overlays, old supplies, ovals,
Colors: Orange, Olive, Orchid, Off-White
Topics: Old People, Outdoors, Oklahoma, Ohio, Obsession, Ocean, an Occasion, etc.
Olive Glimmer Mist (among others!)
This is worth 25 points!
TWIST: 10 extra points
for using "O" items on 100% of your layout!!

BOTH LAYOUTS DUE BY MIDNIGHT ON SUNDAY, OCTOBER 31st!!
:)

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 08-01-09 11:43 AM
In response to Ami G

I'm here!

Ninja
Ninja  
Mayor
Ninja
In response to Just-Me

I'm here too..

ok.. going to repost my July challenges here on the new thread since I just posted them last night and glad the old one is still up there, cause I need to catch up in galleries as well!

July Technique challenge - repurpose packaging By Ninja

ETG - BOM Challenge - scrap a list
By Ninja

twilatf
Governor
twilatf
In response to Ninja

Yay I am so excited to be on the new thread. I will have to subscribe to this one now.

I wrote this on the other thread but thought I would post it here too.

Mindy that sure is a lot of pictures. You know I went downstairs to scrap and I just feel so overwhelmed because I have let my pictures stack up on me.
Any ideas what I should do first to make it not so overwhelming?

twilatf
Governor
twilatf
In response to twilatf

Ami, I can't wait to see the new challenges.

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 08-01-09 04:32 PM
In response to twilatf

Hey y'all!

Ok, the August challenges are now in the OP! Hope they're easy enough, yet still challenging! I think I have everyone's points up and correct on the OP--so please let me know if I left you out or made a mistake! Thanks!

twilatf
Governor
twilatf
In response to Ami G

Love the challenges you have my mind thinking...

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio
In response to twilatf

I'm here. Let's get this new thread rolling...LOL

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio
In response to mindyradio

Great new challenges Ami!! I really like the old and new idea. Although most of my really old just went to the LSS for the garage sale...LOL

SO, I spent several hours at my sister Missie's Summer Cabin Lake Community for their big corn roast festival. Missie called kinda last minute and asked if I would come help her do face painting. So Connor and I went thinking it would be simple hearts, flowers, balloons, stars....etc. OH NO, she had about 25 different FULL/HALF FACE designs to pick from. Like the ones you pay $15 for at the amusement parks. FOR FREE. Now, I have NO artisitic ability. She got it all in the womb. So I was lost. I only satyed for 3 1/2 hours and bailed by lying and telling her I had to be home when Ryan got home...LOL My back and shoulders hurt so bad from bending over these little kids for 20+ minutes each kid. UUGHHHHH, remind me to say NO when she asks again next year. It was horrible. Or we can have a simple and intricate line....LOL

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 08-01-09 06:25 PM

Dang, y'all, I lost the Cosmo Cricket Challenge by one vote. Again. Thanks to all of you who voted for me, though!! Maybe next month!

Also, glad y'all are liking the challenges!

Ninja
Ninja  
Mayor
Ninja
In response to Ami G

Hi everyone, just got back from a candle light at church and now I will be heading for bed, soon, I think I will drink a glass of wine! :O)

Ami, too bad about the one vote, I voted too, but hey we all know your lo's rock!

Twila, I say just lay a few on the table top, close yours eyes and pick one out! That way it is a surprise and exciting! LOL... well, I think it's way better then trying to figure which one, just let God guide you with your eyes closed!

Minday... LOL.. about the face painting girl, I am getting way better at saying no... lol.. well, I think I am? I can see where that would be tiring, I wonder why she picked such designs? Yah, I am all for simple on the face for free!

I was looking at my lo's and realized I left Hannan off, ugh, I will steal her avie and add her tomorrow!

I love the new challenges Ami, I certainly hope I don't wait until the last day to attempt to do them again, way to stressful doing it like that. Although I do keep them easier that way! LOL

ok... well, I am headed for bed. I am all ready for Monday! I have my post all ready and pre-scheduled to post, and that feels good. All I have to do tomorrow evening is make sure I have mr linky right. I had trouble with him the first time and had to write mr linky, but he responded quickly and I figured it out, but now... not sure I am quite recalling it again! LOL

OK... so... I am off of here, going to my brothers for a short time tomorrow after church and then the closing for the men's weekend at 5:00, my day will zoom by... but I am soo looking forward to monday, it can zoom by this one time, it will anyway!

Minday, I think we need an update on your belly, so pic please!

So, has anyone talked to Hannah or Kells? And where did trish run off too?

speaking of running off....

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio
In response to Ninja

Ninay, my sister picks those designs because she is artistic! I am not! It was no problem for her to do them. Plus she is always sucking up to her Lake Community friends...LOL I wish I had taken a picture of the board to show you all what kinda designs we were painting. It's funny. But I ended up doing mostly the little kids who parents didn't really care. The older kids figured out pretty quickly they didn't want me doing their faces....LOL Missie's line was WAY longer than mine. I was NOT offened, I was relieved.

My belly is about the same I think. It popped out quickly but hasn't changed much since. I am thankful too. I was worried I was gonna be huge because I got so big so much sooner this time. I am 18 weeks now. I will probably take another one around 20 weeks when I get my next ultrasound. Kinda like a inside and outside view...LOL Although I am getting lots of little reminders from the inside. I can really feel the kicks and movements now. The little one likes to swim at night....LOL

JordanRadio
Diva
JordanRadio

Hey guys! I'm here!

Minday, So sorry I just got on here and saw that you still were gonna come over last night and help me. I figured you guys had so much going with the sewer thing that we would just scrap the whole idea. Thanks so much for offering though. I never got around to doing anything. I just was too tired to even think about it. I am such a cluttered chaotic mess. But maybe I'll take a night to get it all cleaned out soon and you can come over and help me.

twilatf
Governor
twilatf
In response to JordanRadio

Wow it has been quite in here this weekend. I hope you all have a great week.

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio
In response to twilatf

Morning all, headed to work. I will chat with you all when I get home. Hopefully after I convince Connor to take a nap with me. I got very little sleep again last night.

Ninja
Ninja  
Mayor
Ninja

Morning everyone!! Can you all feel the magic in the air today!! LOL.. well if not, make sure you stop by my blog now and check it out!! I am super excited!! here is my card with my first free image "Orson with cake" , but the designer cards I think are much cuter...
Orson with cake By Ninja

So make sure you go by and get him!

Today, I am not sure what I am doing, laundry and maybe playing outside with my kids today. Maybe I will take them to the park. Kind of been super busy this past week, so they deserve some time as well.

So, yeah, quite weekend around here....so I will catch you all later!

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 08-03-09 09:28 AM
In response to Ninja

Hey everybody!

Not too much going on here today. This evening we have to run some errands, so I'm just ready to get that over with.

Nina, Orson is soooo cute!! Congrats on his launch on your blog today! I just know he will be a smashing success! Love all the DT work, too!

Hope you all are having a great day!!

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 08-03-09 10:04 AM
In response to Ami G

There is a month-long contest going on over at the Scrap n' Art Forum this month! All you have to do to win is have the most posts for the month! So head on over and start posting!! The link to the contest is here: http://www.scrapnart.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=...

There are some cool prizes to win!

Emmy74
Emmy74 
Idol
Emmy74
In response to Ami G

I've found my over here too!
Hi girls!!

Things are quite hectic at the moment. Thursday I'm going to a christian camp for kids from 10-16 years old. I'll be doing a few different things over there. I'll be in the kitchen making sure the kids get food during their 3 day stay at camp. I'll also be around the kids a lot with their different activities. Today my friend Therese and I have been planning for all the food we need to buy and tomorrow we're gonna go shopping all the food. There's 60 kids coming to camp so there will be a LOT of food to buy! Just wanted to let you know I wont be around much until next week. Might check in again before camp though.

Other than that I'm excited about Magical Monday. If you wanna check out a few more pics of my project go to my blog!

Ami, I voted too! Sorry you lost by just one vote! Keep trying though! Loved your LO!

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio
In response to Ami G

So my nightmare continues....

Ryan called me at work today and said the the pipes in the ceiling of the basement are now overflowing. So it is now come from above and spraying everything on the OTHER side of the basement now. So what wasn't ruined before is now. The insurance company told us not to clean anything they were sending over a professional cleaning service for these kinds of things. EVERYTHING in our basement has to be removed (washer and dryer, etc) and sent out for professional cleaning. They may even have to remove the dividing wall/shelving too. I had a antique hope chest and cradle that have been in my family for generations. They managed to miss the last mess, but got it this time. They have to be sent to a specialist to strip all the way down and re-do. I could just cry right now. Now we have to claim all this on our insurance because the damage/lose is just to great not too. I'm just praying it doesn't raise our rates too much. Thankfullly the cleaning and drain people were here within a few hours and the insurance guy will be here tomorrow afternoon. I did take pics of the mess in my yard this time to I can remember everything we need to claim for the insurance. UUGHHHHHHHHH

Page 1 of 152 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics