Username Post: Inking Edges        (Topic#1511885)
flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

What is the best way to ink the edges of a shaped chipboard album? I used the Stayzon pad, and then used a q-tip to fill in the blank spots, but I'm not satisfied with the look. It's just so hard to get in all the nooks and crannies! Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Angelica
Queen
Angelica
In response to flintridgescrapper

I like to use sharpies!!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Angelica

Wow! That was kind of a "duh" momentfor me. It makes so much sense, and would look so much better. Thanks for sharing. I'm still learning so much, and this forum is an awesome learning place.

planty
planty 
Diva
planty
In response to flintridgescrapper

I use glimmer mist... ON EVERYTHING lol but it sprays over chipboard really nice

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to planty

I like to use ink daubers!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Rosita

you can also try smaller ink pads than stazon, like the cats eye ones from ColorBok.

I actually just learned something from you - never occurred to me to use a q tip to get into the nooks and crannies, I just skipped them

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to Tina scraps

I like the cats eye by ColorBox as well

ekip2
ekip2 
Expert
ekip2
  • ekip2 on 08-04-09 04:45 AM
In response to scrappycath

Sharpies Never thought of that! LOL

I have recently fallen in love with Glimmer Mist but I'm not sure how you would get it in the nooks and cranies? put a bit on a nonstick surface and "paint" it on??

Great question and great tips!

Andrea

ljmorganx2
Expert
ljmorganx2
In response to Tina scraps

I use Cats Eye, the Memento Dew Drop inks or the Dew Drop VersaMagic Chalk Inks and they work great. The small size makes them very easy to use.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to ljmorganx2

I did an album and used my SU ink on a sponge and inked all around the edges and had no problem.

JanScraps
Veteran
JanScraps
In response to cdjohnson

i havent tried it, but i have been told that using make up wedge sponges works really well

planty
planty 
Diva
planty
In response to ekip2

• ekip2 Said:
Sharpies Never thought of that! LOL

I have recently fallen in love with Glimmer Mist but I'm not sure how you would get it in the nooks and cranies? put a bit on a nonstick surface and "paint" it on??

Great question and great tips!

Andrea

Do you have a pic of what your talking about? Ive never had problems with mist not getting all the area I want it to get.

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 08-04-09 08:04 AM
In response to planty

I use regular old makeup wedge sponges. The pointed end is perfect for getting into tight places.

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 08-04-09 08:52 AM
In response to Ami G

I love the Tsukineko tool, Fantastix. TheSuperStore here sells the ink here but not the tool. I buy mine at M's. They are $4.99. The tool looks like a pencil but has either a point shaped dauber or small eraser size dauber that's perfect for inking. The set comes with 3 small round daubers and 3 small pointed ones. Just perfect for inking.

Fab product. They're called Fantastix.

Tsukineko Fantastix inking tool
By IzzyB

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to IzzyB

• IzzyB Said:
I love the Tsukineko tool, Fantastix. TheSuperStore here sells the ink here but not the tool. I buy mine at M's. They are $4.99. The tool looks like a pencil but has either a point shaped dauber or small eraser size dauber that's perfect for inking. The set comes with 3 small round daubers and 3 small pointed ones. Just perfect for inking.

Fab product. They're called Fantastix.

Tsukineko Fantastix inking tool
By IzzyB

I agree that these are fabulous!! You just press the end onto your ink pad and it soaks up the color. Then you just ink around your project with the tool...they are awesome!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-04-09 02:07 PM
In response to godschild94

Once you use a Fantastix, is it dedicated to that color? Or can you clean it and use a different color?

bellasmommy1
Idol
bellasmommy1
In response to stick

Hmm, I always just used the ink pad too and it didn't look right to me either. This post has given me some good ideas and different ways to do it.

NoirCat
Guru
NoirCat
In response to bellasmommy1

The Fantastix are pretty much a dedicated tool once you place color on them. I mark them with permanent ink when I use them. They are fairly cheap at M's, especially if you purchase them with a coupon.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics