Username Post: Bind It All durability question        (Topic#1511909)
ekip2
ekip2 
Expert
ekip2
  • ekip2 on 08-04-09 05:12 AM

I have a question for all you BIA fans. I love making mini albums w/ my BIA.

Every summer I make myself an 18 month daytimer/planner for the next year. Over the last 4 years I've learned that the key is a good quality book to begin with - but no one has one "ready made" thats "perfect". The closest I've come is using a chipboard spiral bound album for '09 from SU!.

I want to make/design my own this year and bind with the BIA but here (finally) is my question

Do the bindings stand up to heavy, daily use? Are the coils sturdy? I would use the acrylic covers as I think they are the most durable?? I like the BIA chipboard covers but I have the blue machine and it won't take the covers w/c/s on by sides.

TIA for any help. Andrea

Edited by ekip2 on 08-04-09 05:12 AM. Reason for edit: forgot to subscribe

GrammaScrapper
Idol
GrammaScrapper
In response to ekip2

I've made several books with mine...in fact I "rebound" a paperback Bible and it has held up very well.

afilatreau
Pro
afilatreau
In response to GrammaScrapper

I have made my mom a book of contacts and she uses it in everyday life. It has been beat up horribly, but the binding still stands strong!

timetraveler
Guru
timetraveler
In response to afilatreau

i made all my books over 200 with blue bia
i use chipboard albums check my gallery .hugs lucretta

timetraveler
Guru
timetraveler
In response to timetraveler

yes binding staands up great

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to timetraveler

the binding is GREAT and super durable! I use mat board from the local craft store and cover with PP and mod podge. It punches thru NO problem and it's really durable! Oh, I have the blue one too! I also use painters blanks (I get mine at J's for $.99 ea) cut to size and sanded on the cut edges to not be sharp. I can't spend the $$ for the acrylic covers when I get can the blanks so cheap! They're 8x10 so I can get a cover or 2 out of each depending on the size of my books.

Scrappy Nan
Idol
Scrappy Nan
In response to ekip2

Yes, the owire bindings used with the BIA are extremely durable. I like using the chipboard or the Zutter clipboard wood for the covers if you really want it to last. If your blue BIA won't handle the width of the covered materials, punch the items separately and then adhere together.

You could also add a cute closure buckle to keep it all together

Thaiti30
Expert
Thaiti30
In response to Scrappy Nan

Listen to ScrapNan!!! She has the experience and she knows her BIA!!!!!LoL
Everyone in here gave very good sound advice about the owires!!!! I'm glad this question was asked!!!! I never thought of that!!!!!!
Happy Scrapin Everyone!!!!!! Yay!!!!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics