Username Post: Would like SB.com paper 1st Communion        (Topic#1512015)
natmatt
Resident
natmatt

I'm stuck and a new scrapper.

Could someone recommend a Paper from Scrapbook.com for me to use?
Because I am new I don't add ribbons and things like that but I am open to them.

Tough problem need one for son and one for daughter.
thanks in advance for the suggestions.

terri

Edited by natmatt on 08-04-09 05:15 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ImForwardByDesign
Veteran
ImForwardByDesign
In response to natmatt

I think we all get stuck with paper selection sometimes. Have you looked through the superstore at paper stacks by any chance? Do you have a color you are interested in more than another?

I personally buy all my cardstock in bundles with many different colors at a time. Then I look at different patterned paper stacks and textured paper stacks. You get a wide variety this way. It may also depend on the LO you want to create.

Here is how I think about it. I look at my pictures to see what colors will work with them specifically. I find a piece of plain card stock as my base. Then I choose a matching patterned or textured piece of paper to help add presence and texture. I plan where I want my pictures to go. Then I create from there. It can be as elaborate as you want or as clean and simple as you prefer.

This is why I like to buy stacks rather than one piece at a time. It gives me many options to work from. The superstore has many, many stacks to choose from. Some are themed stacks and others just have really interesting designs and textures. They also have many designers to choose from as well. Once I have a stack or two of different papers then it becomes easier to pick that one piece of paper at a time to purchase if you ever care to do so.

Here are some examples. If this doesn't help or you just have more questions let me know I would be happy to help further.
Products Referenced in This Post:

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to ImForwardByDesign

The store here does not carry any First Communion specific papers. Sorry!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to DawnInAZ

I like to make my own papers- I use cs in my computer printer- you can print ANYTHING you want on it! If you want to have a 12x12 LO you can put strips of ribbon across where the seams are. You can also put pictures over seams. You can make the seams part of the page. LOTS of things you can do- run a rosary along the seam to help hide it and allow the cross at the end to hang down or tack it down.

I made a plaid paper for a page I did for my gramps- I LOVED IT! I took a pic of DH's work shirt, the part with the buttons and pocket. Cut open the pocket and put journaling in it. This was one of the first really LO's I EVER did and I think it's still one of my favorites. I just searched my gallery and can't find it- apparently I didn't upload it. I'll do that and then post it back here.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Seaexplore

I like the suggestions from the ladies above.

I would also search the Gallery for some ideas!

Here's to hoping something here helps!

Products Referenced in This Post:

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Seaexplore

here's the LO I did- sorry it's sideways (we really need a rotate option on here!) This is on 8 1/2 x 11 so there's no seaming.

Grandpa By Seaexplore

natmatt
Resident
natmatt
In response to natmatt

Awwww.

Thank you Ladies!
I will have to go back through my stacks and see what I can find.

They are wearing WHITE so it's really hanging me up, I mean the paper color and style.

I am also going to check out all the links posted.

As for making my own paper. Let's put it this way. I made a Congrats newborn baby card with lipstick distress and it came out so grungy my 8 year olds wear hysterically laughing when they saw it. I'm a ways away from a successful paper maker. Although I love it.

Thank you again. This page is very, very important to me.
terri

ps
I will update once I make some progress.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics