Username Post: Pencil, Pen, Markers        (Topic#1512437)
New Kid On the Block

I am kind of new to scrapbooking. I recently learn that for Pen and Marker have to get specific types which is acid-free. I am curious do you have any suggestion for the brand?

Also question about Pencil is there any specific type of pencil that can be used for scrapbook or can it be any type?

Thanks

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-09-09 04:52 PM
In response to LeoScrapbook

I just went down to my local scrap booking stores and bought a section of acid free pens. Unless you are going for the calligraphy makers then they are very reasonable and have a great colour selection

married05
Idol
married05
In response to Obi

There are tons of choices for pens and markers. Just check the scrapbooking section of your craft store. I like Zig pens for scrapbooking, but also use Sakura gel pens, and regular colored pencils. I would suggest trying an individual pen to see how you like it.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to married05

I use prisma color. Their pens are acid free. I probably wouldn't use their colored pencils in a scrapbook though. While they're beautiful they're also made to be easily blendable so they may smudge.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to DesiLee

ditto on the zig pens, I also use thin-tipped sharpies, especially on acrylic journaling spots like the stuff by maya road or transparencies. I also use the sakura pens for a special touch, I especially like the souffle pens - they're good for writing on dark papers.

if you want a want a good white pen to write on dark colors, I love the signo!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Tina scraps

I just bought a white gel pen from JoAnns (which is the only craft store in my area) and it works pretty well!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Anna C

Thank you for giving me some ideas..

No one answer my question relate to pencil anyone?

Also, what about sharpie markers are they okay for scrapbook?

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-11-09 04:28 PM
In response to LeoScrapbook

I have never seen scrapbooking pencils. Normally I use craft colouring pencils because you can google their life expectancy.

Part of the problem is that most craft pencils are made in china and have extras added which are not declared.

I think most standard pencils have graphite in them which is supposed to be a stable non degradable component.

Personally I would simply use a brand which was not made in china was lead free and not put it directly on top of my photo.

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to Obi

My fav markers are Zig Brushables and for journaling I like American Crafts Precision Pen .03 and the Pilot Gel pens G-2 in all colours. They are acid free and very smooth writing.

For white, I use Sharpie Opaque white pens and Inkssentials opaque white pen by Ranger Ink (tim holtz/Perfect Pearls/ink pads/et al.)
Products Referenced in This Post:

Vintage Beginnings
Expert
Vintage Beginnings
In response to carbphrek

EK Success makes a colored pencil set for scrapbooking.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics