Page 2 of 193 
Username Post: **New Members Welcome!** Who Needs Glue Digi Crew        (Topic#1512441)
peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to JustLori

• Lori...ProudArmyMom Said:
Thanks for the heads-up, Jill! I'll be checking them out, that's for sure!

Oh, and by the way, I also dabble in digi design, although I've been super busy the past few months and haven't come up with any new kits in a while. But I've got what I think will be an awesome kit in the works right now, for heritage lo's! Think old west, wagon trains, gold rush, etc!

That sounds awesome Lori!

Be sure to check out some of the things on the site besides kits! Some of the newer kits are bright and full of colour but they have a very big selection of items, especially if you go into the other categories.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to peenut_23

Hello there: Carolyn and Kate!

Nice to meet you: Lori, Cathy and Jill!

My name is Lauri and I have been digi scrapping since mid-2008. I am absolutely blown away by some of the art I see, but for my own albums, I love to create clean and simple designs. I am a frugal element shopper, but my favorite stores are Oscraps with a touch of Designer Digitals! I search far and wide for good freebie finds, too. I have been married since November 2007, and I live in New York near my awesome family, whose shenanigans make up the majority of my pages.

Nice to meet you!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Lycosparks

Hey Lauri - so glad you popped over to join us! You certainly are the queen of good finds and freebies

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to scrappercaz

Here's info on a sale over at www dot acherryontop dot com:

Save 50% on over 65 retiring products by SAS Designs

Save up to 70% on select retiring products by Julie Bullock
sale ends 8/16/09

Save 25% on the new School Days kit by Becki Kress

Save up to 36% on select new products by Laura Burger

Save up to 70% on select products by Danielle Young

Save up to 88% on select products by Jeanelle Paige

Save up to 50% off on select products by Christine Haskell

Save up to 30% on select products by Julie Mead

Quick post on my way out the door to head home...so everyone and I'll BBL!!

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to JHAWKEYE

ooh...and...if you buy $5 worth of Jeni Cantrill's product at polkadotpotato, you get a free birthday kit. her stuff is 40% off right now as well.

ok i'm really leaving now

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to JHAWKEYE

I can't get on with that site. I can't really explain why, I try to like it but I can't...same with A Cherry. Something to do with the pics being too small I think. Just cll me fussy

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-10-09 01:47 PM
In response to JHAWKEYE

Hello, may I join in? I've been a little frustrated with the digi board being mostly "check out the new kit on my blog". This group is a great idea, and I would love the opportunity to ask questions and get feedback and generally participate discussions about digi stuff.

I'm Kara, married to a wonderful guy. No kids by choice, but we see the nephews once in a while. My scrapping (all of five months so far! ) is all about events and vacations, and is generally pretty clean and simple. I like to do hybrid stuff because I like the way light plays off different kinds of papers. But I use digi stuff all the time - sometimes as simple as editing a photo for brightness and contrast, and lots of titling using free fonts and photoshop tricks - I think collecting fonts and PS downloads has become a hobby in its own right, lol. A couple weeks ago I made my first background paper in photoshop, got it printed 12x12 at CostCo, and I just finished that LO (still have to take a pic so I can post it).

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Have you seen Memory Makers Magazine website? They have some nice freebies on there.

Jill, what did you end up buying at WRS? Lots of goodies?

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Hi Kara - that's great that you're joining us too! I'm sure we can all learn something from each other and certainly get inpsiration. So what exciting places have you been to lately?

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-10-09 02:04 PM

• scrappercaz Said:
Hi Kara - that's great that you're joining us too! I'm sure we can all learn something from each other and certainly get inpsiration. So what exciting places have you been to lately?

The most exciting was three days in Disneyland, but also a weekend in Cambria (beach town in CA), the Jelly Belly factory, and Trader Vic's (tiki bar, which is the digi paper I made). It's staycation year for us.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-10-09 02:05 PM
In response to stick

Do you guys like to print your creations? Or do you have some that remain digital?

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to stick

Mmm, us too. The Jelly Bean Factory sounds fun! We have a Cadbury Chocolate Factory near us and somehow I've still not visited yet! I think if I go there I might never go home again.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to stick

I print most os mine out, leaving the ones I'm not so happy with. I have a series of frames around the house and change them from time to time. The others I put in albums. Do you print yours?

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Hello, Kara! Nice to meet you!

Yes, I print my scrapbooks using Shutterfly. I of course wait for a 20% off deal with free shipping! Your trips sounds like fun! I love daycations and staycations. They're nice breaks from the day-to-day.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

I'm off to watch a bit of TV with dh. I'll pop in to say goodnight in a bit.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-10-09 02:20 PM

Cadbury factory?!? Go, go now!!

I like to print everything .... but I've completed a grand total of 15 scrapbook pages in my life, and 3 cards. I'm a total newb.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

• scrappercaz Said:
Have you seen Memory Makers Magazine website? They have some nice freebies on there.

Jill, what did you end up buying at WRS? Lots of goodies?

I haven't shopped yet!! I have 4 kits marked down though - going to the gym in 15 mins and then coming back to shop!

I love the freebies on Memory Makers!!!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

Hi Kara! Hi Lauri!
And thanks for starting the group Kate!

I print all of my layouts ... get them done at Costco, cheap cheap, love that!! And then they go in albums. With the We R Memory Keepers albums, I can get 80-100 in .... love that. But I also scrap traditionally so they all get mixed up since I put them chronologically.

Okay, off to get ready to go to the gym! Have a class in 25 minutes!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to peenut_23

Kate, just a thought, can you do a list of members for the first page?

Nice to meet some new friends and see 'old' ones.

It's my bedtime here - hopefully I'll see you all again tomorrow. G'night.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

I was thinking the same thing. I'm going to get ppl mixed up for a bit!

Okay, back from the gym and raring to shop ... I just got back from vacation so have LOTS of love to get caught up on as well...

Page 2 of 193 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics