Page 3 of 193 
Username Post: **New Members Welcome!** Who Needs Glue Digi Crew        (Topic#1512441)
peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

Well I have 12 things in my cart for $26. I want to get down to $20 ...

I better check out acherryontop while I am at it!

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to peenut_23

Oh man...it hasn't even been two days and we are enabling each other! *giggle*

Carolyn...that's a wonderful idea and I will absolutely do that and keep it updated...starting tomorrow

to everyone! Thanks for joining us...

I'm off to bed...5 am comes too early...goodnight!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to JHAWKEYE

Morning all,

Talking of enabling.....did you all get the TaylorMade insider email on her new kit with extra $$$s off?

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to scrappercaz

I saw it this morning...it's a gorgeous kit but I don't much care for it really. Just not my kind of colors and the papers didn't do it for me at all. But I did like the Splatz by Vicki Stegall...might have to get those!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

• scrappercaz Said:
Morning all,

Talking of enabling.....did you all get the TaylorMade insider email on her new kit with extra $$$s off?

I'm not an insider!!!! Should I be?!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

Okay, this is what I ordered from WST:

Block It v2
The Weekly Record
The Artist's Canvas
Quickie's #5
Express Yourself Quotes
Add it Up Number Stamps
Sea Creatures
Messy Machine Stitches - straight

Get Game Night free

I was going to get Savanna but not sure ... that's the zoo one ...

Whoops - I forgot it was US prices, I went $5 over! I think that's the most I've ever spent at once digi shopping!

Edited by peenut_23 on 08-11-09 05:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-11-09 08:38 AM
In response to peenut_23

Morning! What software are you guys using?

I have Photoshop Elements 5. My laptop is 4 or 5 years old, I'm planning on getting a new one next year, maybe in summer, and I'll upgrade my PSE then.

I'm almost enabled enough to do some digi shopping myself

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to stick

LOL, Jill, you were pretty successful! I spent $4.25... nowhere near that free game kit!

Kara, I use Photoshop Elements 6. I bought a desktop computer last year, knowing I'd need the memory and high performance for it! Digi scrapping is high maintanence, lol.

I would like to mention my favorite freebie site: Gunhild & Svenning Actually, was it you, Kate, who first introduced me to it months ago? Tons of fabulous freebies. At the top, click on the word "here" to see the Friday Freebie page, then you'll see links to pages 1 - 6 to view older pages. Love her stuff!!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to stick

Jill, yes you should sign up for the Insider emails if you want the extra discounts!!

Kara, I'm using Elements 5. I'm no computer guru, I learned most of what I know from Kate helping me and from trial and error plus a couple of tutorials.

Can't stay long, I'm working !!

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE

Lori - I remember that you were dabbling in making your own digi stuff...glad to know that you are still at it! I was making freebies for a while but felt so unappreciated (no...really...just didn't have the time). I'll make something here and again if I need it and don't have it...and would like to begin making more stuff again to give away.

Kara - I print everything...but I usually wait for the email I get when there is a sale (scrapbooksplease.com I think??) Last time I had prints made it was over 150 LO's. I don't recommend waiting that long...takes a LONG time to upload Oh..and...I also use PSE5. DH (don't ask me why) bought a mac a few weeks ago that has CS3 on it thinking I would love it...when actually I don't want to touch it w/a 10 foot pole! I love PSE, does everything I want it to do, why change?

Jill got her shop on!! Great stuff girl!

Cathy - glad you joined us, and you are right, the digi side is missing pizzazz!!

Hi Lauri! (seems weird spelling your name right...LOL) Hi C!! (Hi-C is the name of a kool-aid type drink here in the states...LOL)

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to JHAWKEYE

If any of you know of any active sb.com members who might like to join...feel free to invite them. The more, the merrier!!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to JHAWKEYE

Lauri, I'd forgotten about Gunhild and whoever it is I'll have to hop over and see what she's done lately.

So has anyone got any new LOs to share?

Kate, how about a challenge to get us all started?

Dinner time - back later.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

I actually worked on a digi layout today but it's not quite ready and it's at work - this is a BIG accomplishment seeing as I haven't really done any since MAY!!!!

So, to get us started, why don't we post one of our fave layouts here? That way, people can see what we scrap like!

I love this one that I did, inspired by one of my scrapbook friends:
A Rewarding Hobby By Peenut_23

I tend to use a lot of negative space on my digi layouts - something I cannot seem to do with paper!

So let's see your favourite!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to peenut_23

Great idea! Back with mine in a minute.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

Great, can't wait to see!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Hard to decide but....

Delight in life

I think this typifies my style fairly well, I like white space a lot of the time, my favourite colours are blues and greens and I like the clean and simple lines

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

I'm sorry to bail out now Jill but my DH is just home and I want to spend some time with him - catch you later

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

No worries!

I'm just sitting here watching dh cook!!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-11-09 01:45 PM
In response to peenut_23

Jill, that LO is totally fantastic!!

This LO is pretty representative of how I scrap, although it's not digital. Lots of images, not much embellishment except for enlargements of certain elements from my photos or scans of ephemera, cool titles, and some journaling. I was really pleased with my title, which I used Photoshop to make: I took a free download font, put each letter in its own layer and moved them around until they were 'welded', then printed it out, used removable adhesive on a real road map and cut it out with an xacto knife. I also photoshopped the picture in the bottom left - the original pic is just to the right of it, I got rid of the background, enahnced the foliage a bit with the clone tool, and textured the pillar the dragon is on. We have a bigger pic of it hanging in our bathroom

Arkansas vacation
By Kuzatab

And here's the paper I made for my Trader Vic's LO, which is really representative of how I've been using Photoshop lately: patterns, brushes, layers, photos, and this one has some crops from the actual Trader Vic's drinks menu which is on their website. I finished this LO with photos and other paper, but I haven't photographed it yet.

Paper for Trader Vic's LO
By Kuzatab

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to stick

Lovely pages, girls!

Here is the most recent one I made. I think it sums up my style pretty well: clean and simple, with a lot of white space and very few elements.

Thanks for looking.

Page 3 of 193 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics