Page 4 of 193 
Username Post: **New Members Welcome!** Who Needs Glue Digi Crew        (Topic#1512441)
stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-11-09 02:15 PM
In response to Lycosparks

Carolyn and Lauri - both gorgeous pages! I really admire such clean and simple LOs. My own are usually pretty busy ... I think partly because I'm scrapping events, like vacations, and we do a lot and I want to include it all.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to stick

Lauri, great page! That is how my digi style is too (the page I posted is one of my faves but not necessarily my style, )

There are several artists like that on sb.com that have that similar style ... I really am drawn to those layouts!! But like Kate (I think) said, a lot of them are just promoting products.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-11-09 05:24 PM
In response to peenut_23

So we all use Photoshop? That's cool! I'm interested in the techniques you're all using - whether purchased kits, or just some brushes you've downloaded, or something you've created. I consider myself a beginner so I'm a sponge for information!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to stick

Have you girls checked out this gallery here? mru?

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/268495/list /-1/20/1.html

She just puts me in awe! I love her most recent and then on page two: Dream and A Boy's World (she doesn't publicly enable or otherwise I would post them here). Her work just puts me in awe!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to stick

• kuzatab Said:
So we all use Photoshop? That's cool! I'm interested in the techniques you're all using - whether purchased kits, or just some brushes you've downloaded, or something you've created. I consider myself a beginner so I'm a sponge for information!

So I typically use freebies and if I see a kit that I must have, I will buy ... but I am cheap! This last shopping spree that I had is a rarity!!!

I surf Ikea Goddess's site and check out oscraps for freebies ... I have a PM full of freebie links if anyone is interested? I'd post them here but don't wanna get us mopped!!

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to peenut_23

Just popping in for a quick hello! Things are a bit busy for me this week, but it should slow down over the weekend just a tad. DS #2 and I work at the same place, but not necessarily the same schedules, and his truck was down for repairs, so I've been playing chauffer. Plus my newest granddaughter finally got out of the hospital last week, so I've been spending as much time as possible spoiling her.

So someone asked what program we use. I use CS3. I was thinking about getting PSE, when my youngest ds gifted me with CS3, and I absolutely love it. I've had it for a year, at least, and I've still got a TON to learn, but it's been fun learning what I have, just by opening it up and diving right in! My scrapping mojo flew out the window and escaped a while back, and I'm hoping that joining this group and working on my kit will bring it back. Otherwise, one of you may have to just give me a swift kick, lol!

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-11-09 10:33 PM
In response to JHAWKEYE

Hi.

I am interested in joining. I'm a little wary of digi-forums because once people learn all the digi the forum slows right down to a snails pace. I've seen it happen again and again.

However I'm optimistic. So waves cheerfully.

I mainly run PSE 7.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Obi

• obsidian Said:
Hi.

I am interested in joining. I'm a little wary of digi-forums because once people learn all the digi the forum slows right down to a snails pace. I've seen it happen again and again.

However I'm optimistic. So waves cheerfully.

I mainly run PSE 7.

Hi, we'd love to have you join us! A real multi-national group ha! It's shame there's been several false starts on the forums but hopefully we can get this one going enough that it has some momentum of it's own.

What is you name, by the way?

I haven't dowloaded so many freebies lately because I was scared off by the number of people who said they'd got viruses that way. I've got good up to date firewall etc but I just got out of the habit I guess. I do spend a fair bit I suppose but I justify it by reminding myself it's not half as much as I used to spend on paper LOL (Does that work do you think? hehe)

Lori, I'm sorry to hear your grandaughter has been in hospital - I hope all's well now.

Ok, I'd better get my day started - see you later.

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to Obi

• obsidian Said:

I agree. I've been in some of those groups, and it's like, where did everyone go??? I'm optimistic we can keep one going, so welcome aboard!!

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to JHAWKEYE

Thanks, Carolyn. Yes, Rylee is doing well now, though she's still got some trying times ahead. She was born May 5th, and she'd been at Children's all this time. Low birth weight, cleft palate, tethered spine, and her lower jaw was too small so she couldn't suck or breathe. So they broke her lower jaw, pulled it forward, and attached screws, which, until October, will stick out of her little cheeks, kind of like antennae. And she will have her surgery for the cleft palate sometime after the first of the year. Anyway, the doodlebug is doing wonderfully...she had a doc appt yesterday and weighed in at 8lbs 15oz. I must say, it's rather strange to see her now, active, smiling, and noisy, since most of her first three months she was sedated and asleep every single time I saw her.

So my work schedule got changed last night, and I will actually have tomorrow off. So hopefully, I can get something scrappy accomplished! Now, off to be *gasp* domestic, because this place ain't gonna clean itself, lol! Have a wonderful day, everyone!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to JustLori

Morning ladies!

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to peenut_23

Morning, Jill! Glad to see your smiling face in here, I've missed ya!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to JustLori

Thanks Lori, you too! Glad to hear that your dgd is doing okay!

I've been out of digi for awhile, have a page on the go and can't wait to get more done!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to peenut_23

So you're all awake at last

Your poor little dgd Lori, what a little soul to go through so much but it must be lovely to see her doing the normal things now.

I don't have anything on the go at the moment....I would if I only had a bit of time. Maybe over the weekend???

glensgirl
Idol
glensgirl
In response to scrappercaz

Hi Gals! Can I join in your group too? I love digi although I do some traditional scrapping too. I haven't done too much scrapping of any kind lately and would love to get rockin' and rollin' again and the creative juices flowing.

My name is Erin and I've been married for almost 4 years. Between us we have 5 kids - my one and his 4. Most of my digi LO's have been wedding related but I'm wanting to venture out to non-wedding and couple related LOs.

I have CS3 that I work with. I know the basics but nothing really advanced. I'd love to figure out how to do all the cool photo filters and editing but I just haven't played with it much to get the hang of it.

I'm excited to be a part of this group if I can join! The digi forum seems to be dead for the most part.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to glensgirl

Yay another member - welcome Erin!

Jill suggested yesterday that we post a favourite LO of our own, or maybe one you feels sums up your style, which is a good way to get started and we can leave you some love.

I've been scrapping a few years now but I'm by no means an expert but Kate is much more of a whizz with all the tech stuff and I'm sure she'd be happy to help if you have any sepcific questions. Otherwise have fun playing!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to glensgirl

Welcome, "Obsidian" and Erin! It's great to have you here. Looking forward to seeing your work!

Lori, so sorry to hear about your dgd. What an awful thing for someone to go through, especially at so young an age. Glad she's doing better now.

Kara, most of the exciting techniques I know, I learned from Kate! LOL. But between all of us, I think this could be a good learning experience for everyone. Perhaps we can hold challenges that include a certain technique or something.

Carolyn, hope you have some time to scrap this weekend! I know what you mean about the viruses from freebie sites. For a while I was sticking just to the trusted ones, like Gunhild and A Work in Progress, etc.

Jill, if you like Ikea Goddess, have you ever been to Digi Scrap Depot? It's similar but more organized. I love stopping by there once in a while for a good freebie find!

Well, my washing machine has been broken, so I'm off to my parents' house for the day to do some catching up. And they're feeding me dinner! So I'll see you tonight--have a great Wednesday, everyone!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Lycosparks

• Lycosparks Said:

Well, my washing machine has been broken, so I'm off to my parents' house for the day to do some catching up. And they're feeding me dinner! So I'll see you tonight--have a great Wednesday, everyone!

Mine too - how freaky!!

I love the technique challenge idea!

glensgirl
Idol
glensgirl
In response to scrappercaz

Here are some of my favorites that I have done:
ATC Card

ATC Card Letter B By Glensgirl

Happy Couple

You and Me
By Glensgirl

Shoot for the Moon

Shoot for the Moon
By Glensgirl

I love layers and tend to use lots of layers. I also love a clean look with negative space but I struggle with these LO's thinking they always need more.

Thanks for letting me join your group! I'll be back later to comment on LO's and posts.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-12-09 09:18 AM
In response to glensgirl

Erin, you have a beautiful style, I love it!

Lori, my goodness, that poor little child has been through so much! Sounds like she's being well taken care of, tho.

I like the idea of a challenge

Page 4 of 193 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics