Page 5 of 193 
Username Post: **New Members Welcome!** Who Needs Glue Digi Crew        (Topic#1512441)
scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to stick

Looks like we're on for a challenge then! Optional of course Kate and I will put our thinking caps on and get the first one started then perhaps someone else would like to host the next one.

Watch this space.......

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to scrappercaz

Welcome Erin and Obsidian

Lauri, I have gone to Digi Scrap ... and have actually submitted stuff there but I don't really surf a whole lot for freebies! I think I'm more at the point where I'd rather buy a kit than spending hours surfing ... I love freebies but it consumes so much time ... which is why I like Ikea Goddess - she does it!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to peenut_23

I'm the same Jill, unless I get directed to a particular freebie or occasionally I'll look at a few fave sites that do freebies but I'm just too lazy really

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to peenut_23

Hey all!! Hope you're having a great Wednesday!

Favorite LO? Oh that's too hard...

I guess if I have to pick...this one is my favorite "busy" LO:

and this would be my favorite "simple" LO:

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to JHAWKEYE

I was going to mention, also, that there is a stitched alpha and some gemstone heart freebies on my blog if anyone wants to snag them All blogs are listed on the first post...if you have one and want it listed, let me know. If yours is listed and you don't want it to be, let me know that too!

Welcome to our newest members...great to have you!!!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to JHAWKEYE

I love that stitched alpha Jane! I will snag it later on ... too busy at the moment!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to JHAWKEYE

Ok, so here's our first challenge. As we're probably all at different levels I've picked something that can be simple or more complex if you prefer.

Challenge -

Produce a LO that includes the same photo (or photos) in colour and in black and white. i.e., two versions of the same photo(s) on the LO. Any subject.

Converting to B&W might be something you're familiar with, in which case you could play around with degrees/filters or whatever to add an element that's new for you. Or it may be a new skill which is will be something else to add to your repetoire.

Submission date will be September 2nd - that's 3 weeks. I hope that ok for everyone?

Have fun!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-12-09 11:26 AM

Carolyn, I was JUST thinking about an LO I've seen that used both color and B&W and was wondering how I could combine them. Great challenge! I'll have to think more about this.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to stick

Sorry Kate, I called you Jane!!

Great challenge! I do this often but only ever just convert to black and white, going to push myself out of the box!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to peenut_23

Excellent!

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-12-09 02:38 PM

• scrappercaz Said:
  • obsidian Said:
Hi.

I am interested in joining. I'm a little wary of digi-forums because once people learn all the digi the forum slows right down to a snails pace. I've seen it happen again and again.

However I'm optimistic. So waves cheerfully.

I mainly run PSE 7.

Hi, we'd love to have you join us! A real multi-national group ha! It's shame there's been several false starts on the forums but hopefully we can get this one going enough that it has some momentum of it's own.

What is you name, by the way?

I haven't dowloaded so many freebies lately because I was scared off by the number of people who said they'd got viruses that way. I've got good up to date firewall etc but I just got out of the habit I guess. I do spend a fair bit I suppose but I justify it by reminding myself it's not half as much as I used to spend on paper LOL (Does that work do you think? hehe)

Lori, I'm sorry to hear your grandaughter has been in hospital - I hope all's well now.

Ok, I'd better get my day started - see you later.

Hi my name is Jude.

If you are worried about getting viruses from kits download from designers who design on mac's. The worst issue I have with those kits is if they forget to keep their OS up to date then unzipping the files can be a little weird.

But it's better than Norton saying sorry you are not allowed to open this kit at all. And also if downloading from places like 4 shared remove all advertising cookies from your machine while the download is active. It does not upset the download it actually speeds it up. Just leave the actual download cookie active throw away the rest.

I still spend waaaay to much on paper. I've decided I'm going to make a few mini albums with my paper stores.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-12-09 02:42 PM
In response to JHAWKEYE

• JHAWKEYE Said:
  • obsidian Said:
I am interested in joining. I'm a little wary of digi-forums because once people learn all the digi the forum slows right down to a snails pace. I've seen it happen again and again.

I agree. I've been in some of those groups, and it's like, where did everyone go??? I'm optimistic we can keep one going, so welcome aboard!!

I think the problem is once people get onto CT's and join shops they run out of scrappin time. I'm on a break from the CT I'm on because I have a sinus infection and have lost my mojo.

Before that I was scrappin 3 pages a week for challenges and CT pages + what I actually wanted to scrap and I'm slow very slow because I'm a flat scrapper and if it's not flat enough I will do over and over and over until it's perfect in my eyes.

After doing that I just don't have the time to stalk digi forums.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-12-09 02:48 PM
In response to JHAWKEYE

• JHAWKEYE Said:
I was going to mention, also, that there is a stitched alpha and some gemstone heart freebies on my blog if anyone wants to snag them All blogs are listed on the first post...if you have one and want it listed, let me know. If yours is listed and you don't want it to be, let me know that too!

Welcome to our newest members...great to have you!!!

Hi I can't find the link to your blog. If it's not listed but you don't mind me looking just P.M me the address. I love alphas.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Obi

Jude, the link is on the first post of this thread.

JustLori
Mayor
JustLori
In response to peenut_23

Just popping in to drop off my favorite lo.

waiting for surgery By Lori...ProudArmyMom

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to JustLori

hey i want to join this group. i am hybrid scrapper, and wont give up my paper but i have a back ground in everything graphics.a huge lurker, blackberries are good for this. and besides i know kate, carolyn, and aluri from our other group and kate makes me re-think all my digi layouts in a good way. besides i just had a baby and SO NEED TO CATCH UP on my scrapping, i'm not saying that digi scrapping is any faster than paper scrapping, i just dont have to wait to print pictures so it seems a little faster to me, although i do have to wait to print pages but that's irrelevant in my train of thought at the moment.

oh and have photoshop CS3, and no absolutely nothing about elements. have the whole CS3 creative suite and use illustraor for anything i cant figure out how to do in photoshop, which is a lot

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-12-09 09:08 PM
In response to peenut_23

• peenut_23 Said:
Jude, the link is on the first post of this thread.

Thanks I will grab it. I think I saw it on digi free. It looks cute.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-12-09 09:09 PM
In response to JustLori

• Lori...ProudArmyMom Said:
Just popping in to drop off my favorite lo.

waiting for surgery By Lori...ProudArmyMom

Awwweee

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Obi

Morning everyone, and hi Jakki ! I think that makes 11 of us now - fab.

I have a download question if anyone can help me - I am a complete non-starter with tech stuff (heaven only knows how I got started in digi I blame Kate LOL) I'm trying to download a freebie but when I try and extract it the dialogue box tells me there is already a file of that name. The image shows a 'single sheet of paper' type thing. If anyone knows what I'm talking about please can you explain it in very simple terms to me! Thanks!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Just thought I'd throw in

this link to a gallery as I'm really enjoying her work at the moment. I like white space but this isn't too minimalistic to the extreme. I could happily lift lots of her work!!

Page 5 of 193 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics