Username Post: Advice for making a calendar        (Topic#1512513)
val_hamby_webb
Tenant
val_hamby_webb

Ok so I have been cruising through the Galleries and have become interested in the handmade calendars.They are so adorable and would make such great gifts, especially for stocking stuffers ! So I am wondering, do you usually go out and buy blank calendars or do you make everything from scratch?? If you buy them...where at...HL,M??? Any tips and advice appreciated. Thanks a bunch!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to val_hamby_webb

what kind of calendar are you talking about? could you maybe put an example here? Because I am picturing a cookie sheet calendar, lol, and I dont think that's what you mean,,,,it would be too big for a stocking stuffer,,,,,,

Cookie Sheet Calendar
By CommaHolly

val_hamby_webb
Tenant
val_hamby_webb
In response to CommaHolly

I'm not really sure how to post a pic on the forum but I am wanting to make a 12 month calendar.One that I can scrap a picture of my son for each month as a gift for his grandparents. Hope I am making sense. There are some in the "Other" gallery.

val_hamby_webb
Tenant
val_hamby_webb

Ok here is a link to one I saw in the gallery. Maybe this will help.

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/other/2 034725.ht...

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

hm,,,pretty,,,,,,

I'd buy a calendar and scrap right over the photos

or why dont you PM the person who made one you like and ask how they did it

Cupcakes for Chloe
Pro
Cupcakes for Chloe

These should give you a good starting point.
Products Referenced in This Post:

livelovecreate86
Expert
livelovecreate86
In response to Cupcakes for Chloe

Hobby Lobby and Archiver's has the kits to make these. It comes with the calendar and some of them come with coordinating papers and stickers and whatnot. Archiver's has a bunch of different sizes, or you can buy just the calendar there if you have the papers and everything. I got one there, but I got like 4 more at Hobby Lobby because they were cheaper. Haven't made them yet though...lol

married05
Idol
married05
In response to livelovecreate86

A while back even Target had blank calendar you could alter... in the dollar bin! I bought one and had good intentions but never got around to making it into a gift. I also got a really cool kit from Archiver's on clearance a while back to make a calendar.

val_hamby_webb
Tenant
val_hamby_webb
In response to married05

Thanks so much to everyone! It is so great to be able to use this site and learn so much from everyone. I have a wonderful time on here. If only I scrapped as much as I stayed on here. haha

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

I've made them from scratch.

I print a month on one side of a piece of paper and photos on the other and then bind the whole thing.

The most challenging part is printing the pages correctly so you have the photos you want showing above the correct month.

My mom has been doing them through a photo developer. I think they're too expensive that way.

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 08-11-09 04:54 PM
In response to Bxr-Linda

The craft stores sell them from various makers, ie Basic Grey, Making Memories, etc. You can get them 1/2 price with a coupon. The superstore here also has a nice selection.

This person made a cute one:
handmade calendar

The cheapest way would be what Comma Holly said. Just buy any old calendar, ugly is fine! Then cover up the calendar's pictures with a large piece of cardstock and your own design.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics