Username Post: Storing Colorbok Cat Eye pads        (Topic#1512617)
scrapping3
Veteran
scrapping3

how do you all store your Colorbok Cat Eye ink pads? Upside down or right side up?

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to scrapping3

is sideways a choice? bwahahahahahahahahaha

I have the ones that are 5 or 6 colors in a stack and I just throw them in a bin, they usually land on their side.

I know it is said that you should store ink pads upside down though.

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to gg loves Matthew

Gina...I am with you. I only have a handful and they are on there side.

I store my distress inks upside down tho.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to Nancy Keslin

I only have a couple and they just sit in a little bin on my scrap table. They sit however they land. I didn't know there was a better way to store ink pads--I'm gonna go flip mine now! Thanks!

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to ReadySetDistress

i just toss them into a big pencil box and shove it under the desk. I use them a lot so it does not matter how I store them.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to carbphrek

I store my distress inks and other larger inkpads upside down. For my cats eye ones, I do the same thing as everyone else has said. They get tossed in a bin/pouch. I have found that some of them have looser caps, though, that come off. I put these ones in a small ziploc storage baggie first, then toss them in the little fabric pouch. The pouch is actually an old cassette storage case with soft sides. I got rid of all of my cassettes and repurposed it for inks!

scrapping3
Veteran
scrapping3
In response to siameseplease

okay, just wondering b/c I have so many different types of inks (distress inks, chalk inks, the Cat Eye ones, etc) and didn't know if the rule of storing them ALL upside down applies.

thanks!

godschild94
Governor
godschild94

I store my chalk inks upside down. THat is what I was told when I bought them. I then used a sharpie to write the name of each on the bottom so I could easily find the color I wanted.

Thaiti30
Expert
Thaiti30
In response to Nancy Keslin

I do the same as Nancy for my distress inks from ranger and my colorbok inks on their sides as well!!!!! They always have ink in the pad thou when it's time to use them!!!!!

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to Thaiti30

• Thaiti30 Said:
I do the same as Nancy for my distress inks from ranger and my colorbok inks on their sides as well!!!!! They always have ink in the pad thou when it's time to use them!!!!!

I do the same as Janeen. I store all of my inks upside down. I didn't write the name on the bottom.. so I am always looking for the color I want. Guess I should!!

momofaym
Veteran
momofaym

I store all my cat's eye in a baby wipe box and they are always on their sides !! I just got into distress inks and didn't know they had to be stored upside down (thanks for all the advice everyone!! )I'm going to go turn mine upside down!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to siameseplease

• siameseplease Said:
I have found that some of them have looser caps, though, that come off.

What is up with those loose caps?? I hate that! The first time I got one with a loose cap I thought I'd broken it somehow, but now I'm finding that about 10% just seem to have loose caps that don't stay on. So annoying!

Cindy

sweetscrappin
Veteran
sweetscrappin
In response to gg loves Matthew

all of my ink pads are stored upside down to keep the flow of the ink to the top of the pad.

smalltowngurrl
Idol
smalltowngurrl
In response to sweetscrappin

I must be really bad. I store them right side up because I don't like to dig for the one I want. I have found when I do store them on their tops there is too much ink on the top and it gets messy. I would rather replace them when I feel they are dried out than dig for them or have the caps fall off and get ink everywhere.

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser

I store mine upside down in a little plastic drawer thingie from WM with the colors written on the bottom (now the top) with a Sharpie. I went through a yearlong slump where I didn't scrap and when I came back to them, they were right there rarin' to go!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics