Username Post: what's your favorite brand/type of D-ring album?        (Topic#1512653)
hodgepodge722
Veteran
hodgepodge722

i'm a post-bound girl myself, but after struggling with those stupid posts...ugh. i'm thinkng my next purchase will be a d-ring. i know a lot of you use them and rave about them.

so...what brand do you like the best? easiest to find refill pages? do you have to use the same brand page protectors or are they pretty universal?

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary
In response to hodgepodge722

I am very happy with my We R Memory Keepers 3-ring albums. I love the versatility of using various size pages in the same album. I've only bought WRMK refill pages for these albums. Both the albums and the refills are great quality.

Patti Sylvia
Diva
Patti Sylvia

To date I've only used American Crafts, but I understand the Pioneer has a 3-album that I'd be happy to look at and try given the price is right.

I know you can easily purchase the refill page protectors for AC....I'm sure the Pioneer ones will be the same.

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 08-12-09 09:28 AM
In response to Patti Sylvia

I use American Crafts. LOVE THEM!!! I usually get them at HL when they're 50% off, and the page protectors too.

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to Ami G

LOVE American Crafts as well!

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to JayAndXansMom

Love American Crafts & Making Memories (noteworthy line).

Edited by carbphrek on 08-12-09 10:52 AM. Reason for edit: added books

JediScrapToo
Diva
JediScrapToo

You can also stick to the post bound albums and try the snap load binding system from Pioneer.

I am a CM album person but a family member wanted a Eagle Scout album and it was post bound, so i got these and it's completely better than screws, and you are not bound to the size of the screws! fully adjustable!!! They are really great!!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to JediScrapToo

I use We R Memory Keepers (fka Hiller).

Here's one of the many other threads about 3-ring albums:
Post bound or D Ring?

I use the C-Line page protectors (linked below).

One thing to keep in mind... I have purchased other brand page protectors that are too wide and will stick out the edge of the album.
If you look at the 6x6 ones I linked below, they have a little column space between the page and the binding holes. That design will stick out the right edge of the album.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to Bxr-Linda

I made the switch to D-ring and am not going back! I've used We R Memory Keepers and American Crafts so far and like them both.

ASiverson
Expert
ASiverson
In response to scrappycath

American Crafts! Love these.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by ASiverson on 08-12-09 12:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to ASiverson

I use We R Memory Keepers. I have one American Crafts but don't really like as much.

I *think* most refills now fit (they come with a few different holes for the "universal" ones). I've been using D-ring pretty much the entire time I've scrapped and it wasn't always this way. Even the cheap dollar store ones now have multiple holes.

I always buy the We R Memory Keepers protectors now though b/c I like the quality and shape!

dirrtydiesel
Guru
dirrtydiesel
In response to peenut_23

I've only used an American Crafts D Ring album. I love it!!! Looking at Making Memories ones... any options on the MM's?

flagirlof4
Guru
flagirlof4

I went from Creative Memories to K and Company until I seen We R Memory 3 ring. I love them so much I switched all my pictures over. I love the colors and all the different pages you can use.
Maria

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD
In response to flagirlof4

i recently switched from post to ring myself. I looked at a lot of albums before deciding on We R Memory Keepers. I really like them. Very durable.

HerHighness68
Idol
HerHighness68
In response to HollyD

American Crafts!!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to HerHighness68

i have american crafts albums and love them. but i am looking at the wrmk ones the colors are so cool, and im really bad at covering the ac coustomizing ones. i've realized that unless i buy all my albums at once they are never going to match. colors change and so do manufatures. those post binding converter things dont work if your album is a thick one... its still just as bad as being post bound, that reminds me that i need to replace that album

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to outsidechic

Another vote for American Crafts! I get the "leather" ones and just love them.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics