Username Post: Border Punch        (Topic#1512827)
Amy_
Amy_ 
Guru
Amy_
  • Amy_ on 08-14-09 08:02 AM

I have been scrapbooking for about 1-1/2 yrs now and I have to say I am totally addicted! Absolutely love this site and just love to look at everyone's beautiful layouts!
I see a lot of large circles with a scallop edge used in layouts. (I mean around to 6"-10" circles) I have attempted to achieve this look by using decorative scissors, but the scallop is so much smaller. Could someone give me some brands of punches/machines that will make the larger scallop? I have looked on the Joann's site but really don't know what I'm looking for as they seem to only do a straight edge. Any help would be so appreciated.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Amy_

Are you talking about paper like this?

Amy_
Amy_ 
Guru
Amy_
  • Amy_ on 08-14-09 01:37 PM
In response to Here Kitty

Thanks so much for responding. Yes that is it. But do you know if there is there some type of punch that you can purchase and use your own paper to punch the outer edges?

lstory 
Mayor
In response to Amy_

There's a Martha punch here, and also a couple EK Success ones that I've seen at Ms. I'm sure there are others out there. I don't know about doing circles, though.

Lisa

Products Referenced in This Post:

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to lstory

• lstory Said:
There's a Martha punch here, and also a couple EK Success ones that I've seen at Ms. I'm sure there are others out there. I don't know about doing circles, though.

Lisa

Some people use circle punches to do the large scallops. There are some punches that do scallops, but not quite as large/deep as the papers that you can buy.

lstory 
Mayor
In response to Here Kitty

I can't remember who makes them, but I have two corner rounder punches (either Marvy or EK Success, I'm guessing) where you can take off the plastic guard and punch along the side of a piece of paper. I used the larger one on the white cs in the layout below:

Cutie Pie By Lstory

Never tried it on circles, though.

Lisa

Amy_
Amy_ 
Guru
Amy_
  • Amy_ on 08-14-09 04:04 PM
In response to lstory

All of the ones I looked at seem to be for a straight edge. I never thought about using just a circle punch. Great idea. I am going to try that! Thanks so much!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Amy_

The Cricut makes cute shapes with Mini Monograms.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-14-09 11:44 PM
In response to lstory

• lstory Said:

Lisa

What do you think of these. I just saw them in stock at my local craft shop. I haven't had much luck with Martha labled products so I'm curious if they are worth my while.

GinnyHughes
Mayor
GinnyHughes
In response to Obi

Is this the punch you were asking about? I have it and love it!!! It is the only Martha product I own, but probably will buy more of her punches.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics