Username Post: Need help with chalking        (Topic#1512829)
sunbird
Tenant
sunbird

What is chalking? Is it archival safe? Thanks. Sharon

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to sunbird

Yes, they are safe-- I use mine in a variety of ways--I have different kinds as well. I have a few of the "fluid chalks" (used like ink pads) but much prefer real chalks for the effect.
I use my chalk pencils if I need finer lines to border, trace or fill in small spaces.
I use my "blocks" of chalk (5.00 for the whole set at M's)for doing back grounds and large areas.
I use my little "pie" chalks for everything else.
I LOVE to chalk. I use them with versamark ink, I use them when distressing if I want a more subtle look than inks, I use them with stamped images (also more subtle than markers or colored pencils). I have use them to enhance die-cuts, add shading to areas,with templates and stencils, around titles to set them off from the rest of the page.... The list goes on-- they are truly one of my favorite media and the best thing is they can be erased. When I am done, I usually spray a fixative on them or rub a little microglaze into them to make them stay put and not rub off. I also have chalk enhancer that makes the colors a little brighter.
Have I totally confused you??
I hope not! My recommendation is to just get some and play around! I apply them with the little poms, my fingers and for large areas I use OB tampons.

KrickleScraps
Diva
KrickleScraps
In response to terrihooper

I just purchased my first chalk set and I think I'm really going to like it. I would like to have more colors and learn more about using it. So I'm scanning the archives for tips and techniques!

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3
In response to KrickleScraps

Chalking is a great techniqe for bery soft images or backgrounds. There are lots of things you can do with it. My favorite chalks are the pebbles chalk sets. They are beautiful and go on smooth.

KrickleScraps
Diva
KrickleScraps
In response to llprncess3

Actually I purchased the Pebbles earth tones set.. any suggestions on which to purchase next?

Marie_71
Veteran
Marie_71
In response to sunbird

I used to use dry chalks but sold
them off after trying out Colorbox's Fluid Chalks. It's stamp pads which are much dryer than other pads and come in a endless variety of colors! Much easier to use than the dry chalks. I would recommend bying the single ones though.....

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics