Page 4 of 39 
Username Post: Football Fans Unite!        (Topic#1512847)
DYnWV
DYnWV 
Queen
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 08-18-09 12:33 PM
In response to krishunter

Wait, did someone say tailgate party?? I'll bring the corn hole!

Oh, since we threw out college, I will tell you that I am a die hard WVU Mountaineer! We have season tix and we are gone most every weekend when there's a home game. We also travel to a couple away games each year.

The Dolphins have my man Pat White now so, I'll be watching them closely in the next few to see what's going on down there!

Anyway, just stopped in to check out all the chatter...Go Steelers!!! hehe That's for you, Zandra!!! Cowboys??? LOL

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to DYnWV

• DYnKY Said:
Wait, did someone say tailgate party?? I'll bring the corn hole!

Oh, since we threw out college, I will tell you that I am a die hard WVU Mountaineer! We have season tix and we are gone most every weekend when there's a home game. We also travel to a couple away games each year.

The Dolphins have my man Pat White now so, I'll be watching them closely in the next few to see what's going on down there!

Anyway, just stopped in to check out all the chatter...Go Steelers!!! hehe That's for you, Zandra!!! Cowboys??? LOL

LOLOLOL about the corn hole. A few years back when we were on vacation in SC we were with a couple we had met down there (we ended up going there and staying at the same hotel 3 years in a row and not even knowing it until we got there!) Anyway, the wife was from a small town in OH and she kept talking about corn hole. Well, we're from New England and had never heard of it. She told us how big it was, and we were just like "HUH???" To see you say you'll bring the corn hole is funny!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to provinca

KingMemories, I gotta know your name. It’s after 1 and your staying up to catch a repeat preseason game. Now that’s dedication. Anyway I’m from Citrus county it’s between Tampa and Gainsville just south of Ocala. You are a rare gem actually born in Florida. Most people are born elsewhere and come here.

Lamoo12 I give my props to a die- hard Buffalo fan and I know many. There were a lot of heartbreaking years with that team.

Marci I actually logged back into sb.com to see how everyone was feeling about farve’s return AGAIN. Where’s my limo riding packer fan, Kris? That’s gotta hurt, AGAIN. Anna, I feel you. He could have went out so GLORIOUS. Granted he really was not ready to retire when he retired ‘cause I think he could have had even better success with the J-E-T-s jets jets jets if he didn’t bounce around with the retirement thing like he’s doing AGAIN. True Marci the will be a threat. One of the guys at work made a great point too… stands will be fuller with farve’s arm.

And Anna those football players even the one’s the size of a mountain (Sapp) can move. But than I was blown away when Shaq danced with the Jabberwocky’s during the NBA allstars thing. If you’re ever bored and can get youtube you gotta check it out.

Kris what a sensational birthday gift. I sometimes get lucky and they schedule the BCS National Champship game for my birthday in January. Regardless you count me. I'd take you up on the offer but if I'm not mistaken that will be the weekend Zandra's team will be beating my bucs aand that's a game we plan on attending.

Corn hole that is such a northern thing. When I go home to a small town in Ohio, they are obsessed. So Anna I gotta know what small town. I wanted my man to build me a set and I would paint them one end Ohio state and the other Gators, but since he didn’t go to Ohio and experience the excitement of the game he was never motivated to build them. I might push it again ‘cause it’s nice and relaxing.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Ms.Schwiet

Forgive my long responses I must learn to type and speak less, but I didn't even mention the fantasy football thing. So far Kingsmemory, zandra, and I think anna are interested. We need 2 more or we have to recuit our DH's to play, but I think it would be much more fun to keep it between the girls.

Edited by Ms.Schwiet on 08-18-09 02:56 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 08-18-09 03:41 PM

ok lets see on brett--well I have to agree with everyone he should have retired but he didnt and yes he will be a threat!!

dh and I are planning on going to 2 games this season--or at least try--we are planning on going to the final game--philly!!

and one in october I am not sure who they play then but who cares as long as my boys are playing !!

c'mon girls lets play some football--!!

mom2lfh
Diva
mom2lfh

• Ms.Schwiet Said:
I'm with you on the SEC but as Zandra know you have to respect the long horns...

I think most teams are going to have a lot of struggling this season. That should make it fun

Um, hi, I just have to throw this out. Longhorns should always be CAPITALIZED. Please and thank you. lol

Hook 'em! Going ALL THE WAY THIS YEAR!!!!!!

mom2lfh
Diva
mom2lfh
In response to mom2lfh

Well, I only follow college ball, mainly Big XII and toward the end of the season whichever conference my Horns will be playing in a bowl game. But it is fun to listen to everyone chat about their teams and favorite players. DH rolls his eyes at me.... I've always liked the Carolina Panthers because they have cool helmets. lol. I like the Cowboys, of course, being from Texas. But I can't spend every Saturday AND every Sunday glued to the tube or nothing would ever get done around the house. So, college ball wins that toss-up.

pistachio
Veteran
pistachio
In response to mom2lfh

Okay, you know I love football but this Brett Farve is.....I live in Mississippi which is where he is from and where he lives. I am less than 2 hours from him and it is EVERYWHERE!! Help!

Anna - I have been a JT fan for years, before Dancing with the Stars which just really sealed the deal for me - not only is he an awesome football player but he is so totally hot (that seems so funny coming from my mouth, my daughter would be so embarrassed). Last year I wore his Dolphin jersey all season, I was in morning with him not on the team.

Stacey, my name is Vanessa and I am a Neapolitan, someone born and raised in Naples, Florida. My ancestors where some of the first families to settle in Collier County, my Great, Great Grandfather was the first Sheriff in Naples and there are streets in Naples named after my Great Grandparents - Weeks Ave (my maiden name) and Becca Ave (Rebecca was my Great Grandmother's name). I went to the same high school as my dad and my nephew is the third generation to continue at Naples High School. My dad, brother and now nephew play football for the Golden Eagles (I did Varsity stats and was a cheerleader).

Alright ladies, more of you join us for the fantasy football, it will be a lot of fun.

mom2lfh
Diva
mom2lfh
In response to pistachio

I don't know squat about fantasy football but will play if you need an extra warm body.

Resident
In response to pistachio

Sorry guys I must have missed it. I know a Yahoo account is free, but is the fantasy league free as well?

mom2lfh
Diva
mom2lfh
In response to mom2lfh

And will someone explain "corn hole" to this southerner? Surely it can't be what my dh is trying to convince me it is. lol

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 08-18-09 07:15 PM
In response to mom2lfh

ahahahaha connie I cant stop laughing!!

btw sorry about the caps--wont forget next time!!

krishunter
Diva
krishunter
In response to zrock

I'd like to share a LO I did of my DD a few months ago. The picture was taken about a year ago

Maybe Next Year
By Krishunter

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci
In response to krishunter

so heres a question... do most of you scrap sporting events that youve been to? wether for your kids or pro?

ive been thinking about starting a scrap those sports challenge.. for fun.. no prizes.. just to share with other sports lovers

anyone game?

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to BlingPrincessMarci

I've been scrapping (and scrapping, and scrapping . . .) my dds games for longer than I can remember! I usually end up making the coaches their end-of-the-year album, too! This past June, with both of the girls ending their soccer and softball season within days of each other, I was a sports scrapping machine!! I still haven't finished the pages for their book. And look -- it's soccer season again!!

I do scrap the few pro games I go to. I still haven't finished my last Pats game, but it's on my "to do" list!"

pistachio
Veteran
pistachio
In response to provinca

My DH made a comment one time that I have all these "pages" of all the sporting events we go to and there are hardly any pictures of the actual event. The layouts used to be pics of "us" enjoying the event, standing outside the stadium or track, etc. I now make sure to get at least one action shot and I always take one of the scoreboard (if possible) at the end so I will remember the details. I didn't realize how much he actually looked and cared about what I was scrapbooking.

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Queen
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 08-19-09 05:36 AM
In response to provinca

Oh Connie, I can only imagine what he's filling your head with...
Basically, you have two slanted wood boards with a 'HOLE' drilled near the top of each, there are two teams of two which attempt to toss their bags o' 'CORN' into the holes.
Here's a link to the official Cornhole association for a more in depth detailed explanation.
Oh, the images that are in my head!!!
http://www.playcornhole.org/rules.shtml

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 08-19-09 09:36 PM
In response to DYnWV

hahahaha!! you should do a page about it!!

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to pistachio

Did anybody see Ochocinco (Chad Johnson) for the Bengals kick the extra point that won the game last night? I have read about it and he is being his typical braggert self. Sorry, I don't mean to offend any Bengals fan--I have tried to be a fan for years but I have a hard time rooting for a team full of outlaws. JMO

Piratefan21
Idol
Piratefan21
In response to SoonerT

Corn Hole Toss? Must be a southern thing! LOL

Terrena - Completely agree with you on the Bengals! No offense to you Bengals fans!

Page 4 of 39 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics