Page 6 of 39 
Username Post: Football Fans Unite!        (Topic#1512847)
BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci
In response to pistachio

so ladies.. i know that at least 2 of us enjoy fantasy football

should us sb.com ladies have our own little fantasy football league?

i use fleaflicker.com i like that way they have it set up

if anyone is interested let me know

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to BlingPrincessMarci

• BlingPrincessMarci Said:
  • SoonerTeacher Said:
I am sad about Denver. I don't believe Kyle Orton will help them any. Why oh why didn't they try to get some one better when they traded cry baby Jake (and I wasn't crying when they traded him I was begging them to get rid of him and Shenahan).

As for the Vikings, it would make me happy if Favre was the answer to their quarterback question but, I just don't see that happening either.

I have missed much of the chatter hear and have heard nothing on the sports...does anybody know how the Saints are going to be?

i hope Orton does really well during the regular season

i want very happy when the bears traded him.. im not a fan of Cutler because i kinda think hes a jerk

BINGO! I totally dislike him. What a whiner and cry baby. The other night, he wanted a flag because a guy hit him when he went down...well, I all for it when that stuff is flagrant but this guy had already went into motion to tackle Cutler before Cutler went into his slide.

Believe me, I hope like mad that Orton has a better season that preseason.

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to SoonerT

That sounds like fun, Marci. If I get time today, I will check it out.

scoot297
Idol
scoot297
In response to SoonerT

Thank goodness football is here...all is right with the world again!

Hope the 'boys have a better season than last and hope Felix stays healthy. He can be a real threat.

Really pulling for Keith Null at St Louis and Charly Martin at San Diego to make the teams. Charly had an awesome night the first game and didn't do bad last week. He's a great kid with an awesome work ethic...he and Null both came from WTAMU--go Buffs!

Really felt sorry for Sanchez last night...first shot out of the box throws an interception for a TD. He'll get past it, though. Not a USC fan, but always like to see the rookies have good first outings.

Crabtree, on the otherhand, what a joke. I hope he does sit out this year and then doesn't get drafted again next year. I don't understand why these guys think they are worth so many millions of dollars when they've never seen a down of professional football? Especially for someone who's been hurt...he should be smart enough to take what he is offered now since his career will likely be short due to bad knees anyway. You've got someone like Crabtree who won't accept less than 23.5 million, and a guy like Charly Martin who accepted a 5,000 bonus simply to get a chance to show the Chargers what he's made of. Who would you rather have on your team when it comes to work ethic and desire? Sorry, off my soapbox now.

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to scoot297

I can't even imagine how much football conditioning he will lose by sitting a year. I don't get his big demands after all, he is unproven in the NFL. Crybaby Crabtree. He needs to be with Cutler.

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to SoonerT

I have to agree with my dh when he says that so many of the players (in all professional sports) kind of suck the joy out of the game when they DEMAND such outrageous amounts of money to play! No wonder you can go broke going to a game! I do like to go the games, but I'd much rather watch them on television!

I missed last night's games, but now can't wait for Friday and Saturday -- my Pats on Friday and KC on Sat. Last weekend I was sooo anxious for Sat to watch the KC game and when Sat arrived, I found out it was on the night before! UGGGHHHH

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci
In response to provinca

im just ready for the pre season to be over and get some real games!

the sanchez pick.. i felt bad for him but against the ravens defense you kinda have to expect that

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci

OMG! did you guys hear about the new Cowboys stadium blunder? The scoreboard is in direct line for the kicks! they are actually hitting i t!

20 yard line.. to 20 yard line is the length

to move it will cost $2 million!!

what kind of genius decided it was a good idea to put it there?!

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT

Ummmmmm, in a word, a MAN because a woman would have been smart enough to know better.

Honestly, I heard about it and had wondered a long time ago when I heard how big it was if it was going to cause problems. I have also heard that the NFL is trying to patch up the do over rule so that the teams don't try to run the clock out by kicking to hit the score board...the fix would only be until Jerry get the board raised. You would have thought that they could do enough algebra to figure out punt trajectories and hung the board at the right height.

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to SoonerT

Anna, we like to go to the games as well and, we always have to plan for hotel and gas or airfare. The cost of a ticket is ridiculous. We bought hockey tickets last year and the cheapest I could find were $89 each.

pistachio
Veteran
pistachio

You know Jerry Jones says it is fine and he is not moving it. What is funny is that dh thought it looked too low when he first saw it. I guess he has enough money to move it if they make him.

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to pistachio

Yeah, I am sure he does. I hope it doesn't become a problem next Saturday when OU is playing BYU in that stadium.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to SoonerT

I too kinda felt bad for Sanchez..he had a rough pro start.

I love sports and wish these guys weren't paid what their paid. It make me think where are our priorities are.... we pay police, firefighters, and our military next to nothing and we don't blink to pay will to sport stars.

Sign me up Marci...I think our interest is at about 5 for fantasy football league...I love yahoo's but I'd be interested in trying another.

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 08-25-09 08:00 PM
In response to Ms.Schwiet

fyi the board actually moves up--not sure why jerry made those comments but they noted on the news that they were already going to move it for the u2 concert so apparently they could move it all along and from what they said at no extra cost but I am still waiting to hear more!

dh myself and our 2 oldest boys are going to see the boys against washington--should be an awesome game!!

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci
In response to zrock

but why wouldnt they have taken it in consideration?

when they built lucas oil.. they has Vinatieri kick to see where they could build.. shouldnt they have done that?

scoot297
Idol
scoot297

Jerry Jones doesn't think about things like that. He does what he wants, and thinks later (if ever). I really wish someone else owned the Cowboys. At least so far this year he's keeping his hiney in the suites where it belongs rather than down on the field trying to coach.

krishunter
Diva
krishunter

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci
In response to scoot297

i think he WANTS to be the coach.. im just surprised he didnt name himself head coach after Parcells

scoot297
Idol
scoot297

• BlingPrincessMarci Said:
i think he WANTS to be the coach.. im just surprised he didnt name himself head coach after Parcells

Exactly. Which is why not many self-respecting coaches will ever end up at Dallas while Jones is there. They don't want to be told how to coach their team.

krishunter
Diva
krishunter
In response to scoot297

Page 6 of 39 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics