Username Post: bulky pages        (Topic#1512877)
pixieh2o
Tenant
pixieh2o

I have a quick question about what to do with pages that are rather bulky due to lots of embellishments. Do you put them in regular albums or do you use a special album that is taller and won't smoosh the pages? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to pixieh2o

I have mostly bulky pages, I use American Crafts D-Ring albums and have no problems at all with them smashing.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to Here Kitty

If what you have is the post-type albums, first replace the post with a longer one-piece post (sold at the lss), then every couple of pages, put in a 'spacer'. Your package of refill pages should come with a couple, but for this many, use those spacers to measure out and make your own, out of foam sheets, and use the same spacers to mark and punch holes in the ones you make.

And of course, storing the albums in the upright position.

Edited by flightobl on 08-15-09 03:08 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to RockStar

I am considering comverting over to D Ring albums for this very reason. My post bound ones are looking very "alligator" if you know what I mean! LOL

Amy_
Amy_ 
Guru
Amy_
  • Amy_ on 08-16-09 04:45 AM
In response to RockStar

I have saved all the cardboard spacers I have bought with page cover refills but never knew what they were for. So glad to finally find out. Thanks so much for this info!

pixieh2o
Tenant
pixieh2o
In response to Amy_

thanks for all the info! i'm so new to all of this and i'm having a blast!

juliewest2009
New Kid On the Block
juliewest2009
In response to pixieh2o

I have the same question. I am afraid with the weight of the pages laying on each other for awhile, the embellishments will leave imprints on the other pages/pictures. For this reason, I have shyed away from alot of the great embellishment materials I would like to have used.

sweet1
sweet1 
Pro
sweet1
In response to juliewest2009

Storing your scrapbook upright and not laying it down will help stop the smush effect. Also if you are using post bound you can convert it to strap bound and get more pages in the book easier, don't forget the spacers! I put one spacer about every 5 pages.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics