Username Post: Christmas Cards?        (Topic#1512917)
flscrappermom1
Veteran
flscrappermom1

I almost hate to think about Christmas, but I really want to make my cards this year and was wondering if anyone has started theirs or may have finished...lol.

I need some suggestions on pp.

CatScrapsHere
Angel
CatScrapsHere
In response to flscrappermom1

I got mine started. My goal this year is to use up my older Christmas pp's that I'm really tired of scrapping with. I've kept my design simple since I'm using some pretty busy pp's. Haven't uploaded them, so I can't post them for you. But you can look in the gallery under cards, then click on themes, then holidays, and then Christmas. Loads of inspiration there!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to CatScrapsHere

I don't remember who hosted it, but last year I did a card "challenge" - it was meant to help you get your cards done on time. The hostess put out mini-schedules and dates, i.e. plan your card design, organize your supplies, etc.

I haven't actually started my cards yet, but I am hosting a holiday card swap with my local group, which is a tactic for me to HAVE to do them

Last year I tried to minimize the products I used. If I made one card with a piece of pp, I used the rest of that paper and made more cards with it, etc. they'd be similar, but not identical. I'm bad at using scraps, so this also helped me not get stuck with any!

Edited by Tina scraps on 08-16-09 05:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

love_my_soldier
Veteran
love_my_soldier
In response to Tina scraps

I a;ready made ONE. LOL. And actually, there was nothing christmassy about the papers I used. I plan on doing a couple of different main designs, and then just variations on the theme. I think it takes the stress out of it if you do it throughout the year instead of trying to do them all in November or December. Good Luck!

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3
In response to Tina scraps

I haven't started mine yet either, but I am planning to make mine this year too.

scrappymomof4
Veteran
scrappymomof4
In response to llprncess3

you girls who have started your Christmas cards are good!!!!! I have not even thought about it yet.

MelissaElsner
Veteran
MelissaElsner
In response to scrappymomof4

Yes I've started already. Actually, I made several in July but if I don't start that early, I procrastinate. I at least like to have the design of my cards ready and then the coming months it's just duplicating. I typically use up my stash from the previous year and then buy new stuff when it's discounted or when my LSS has a weekend sale or.... eh what the heck.. I splurge. I can't help it.

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to MelissaElsner

Good for you guys. I made Christmas cards years back. It was alot of work.. so good thing to start early. I am not much of a card maker tho. I will make a few here and there to use up my scraps from my kits. I usually buy my Christmas cards.

Guru
In response to momma paparazzi

I made something like 8 yesterday since I was bored and wanted to scrap and try and use up some of my scraps and some Christmas stickers I had. I used my own design with them being made from cardstock with a strip of printed paper on them and a few stickers. Now I've just got to find at least 8 people to send them to. I'll make individualized ones for my immediate family, my DD, her 3 girls, and my sister.

scrapadoodledoodoo
Resident
scrapadoodledoodoo
In response to moodymolly

I've gotten about 5 done is all. I really saved a lot of stuff from some of the packages last year and I'm using it on my cards. Also, I'm stealing the sayings from the inside of the store-bought cards. I cut them out and just paste them in my cards. Looks good and saves a lot of time.

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to scrapadoodledoodoo

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to carbphrek

I have been planning to start soon. There are toooons of cute Christmas pp that just came out too! I will probably just use cs and stamps though. I don't typically use much pp with my cards.

I think it was Michelle (Imagine Lilacs) that typically hostesses the christmas card challenge. To get them done in time most of us HAVE to start now.

I wonder if she still plans to hostess this year? If she is too busy, I am sure someone would gladly do it.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to riorabbit

Check out this blog too. The entire blog is a challenge blog where each week they post a challenge for you to make something in the Christmas theme.

http://christmasblogchall enge.blogspot.com/

krissykat
Expert
krissykat
In response to riorabbit

I need to start my cards too! I think I will come up with a design that I like and then go and buy the paper....I am forcing myself to use stamps that I already have. I DO NOT NEED STAMPS, I DO NOT NEED STAMPS, I DO NOT NEED STAMPS....

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to riorabbit

Ok...so here are just a *cough* few...that I found in the superstore that are cute.

Oh and BG Eskimo Kisses which they don't have in the super store yet looks DELICIOUS. I am thinking I might have to buy it for my bro and SIL to scrapbook my new baby niece's first Christmas.
Products Referenced in This Post:

livelovecreate86
Expert
livelovecreate86
In response to riorabbit

I started mine...made like....5. I love to buy cards though, they can be so pretty, and sparkly, and shimmery. And I work at a Hallmark store, so I just cant resist. I just got a ton of Grandparents Day, Boss's Day, and Sweetest Day cards. My next payday I'm gonna get a bunch of Halloween Cards. I can't resist! But I want to make cards to sell at craft shows.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to livelovecreate86

ugh, lol,,,,,,,DH and I have a mixed marriage (He's Christian, I'm Jewish) so I usually do a very universal Happy Holidays card, often blue and silver because those are colors that go with both holidays,,,,,and then a more specific Christmas card to his family and a Chanukah card to my Jewish side of the family,,,

Chanukah this year is the 12th of December, so I had better get crackin!!!!!!!! I'd like them out by early December,,,,

I am SO not a card maker, so the simpler the better!!!!!!

luv2scrap:)
Guru
luv2scrap:)
In response to CommaHolly

I usually do the photo cards from Costco, they're really reasonable in price and my family loves getting the yearly picture of my kids.

kuke
kuke 
Veteran
kuke
  • kuke on 08-17-09 09:50 AM
In response to luv2scrap:)

i don't know if i'll make mine this year or not, but this thread reminded me of a funny story. back 5 or 6 years ago, before i was married--i met some former co-workers for lunch. one of the guys was still single, and so was i, and there had been some rumors that he and i might have dated at one time (we didn't). anyway, we were taking lots of snapshots that day and when i got the pics developed there was a really good picture of him and me, and another former co-worker's little boy. just the 3 of us in this big group hug. so w/out the former co-worker knowing it before hand, i used that picture on my Christmas cards that year. on the front of the card was that picture and the phrase, "from our family to yours" then the inside said, "Merry Christmas!"

that was one of the funniest things i ever did. he got a big kick out of it too, as did everyone else that year. though rumors started again about the two of us being an item. haha.

thanks for letting me share that story. it still cracks me up.

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to kuke

I got Sheetload of Cards (http://sheetload.blogspot.com/) and use their monthly issue for different designs. You can get 5 or 6 cards (if not more) from each set of papers that you commit for just one, and they're assembly-line easy. And who cares if everyone gets the same design? You can mix it up with different papers/colors/stamped images/sentiments to make them all personal, if you want.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics