Username Post: Kokuyo Dot N Roller users        (Topic#1513207)
Valerie..
Tenant
Valerie..

I heard that Kokuyo is no longer going to be making these and I'm wondering if you currently use these like I do, what everyone will be using instead?
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by Valerie.. on 08-19-09 05:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06
In response to Valerie..

What?? Oh no!

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to Rileysmom06

I think the Herma dotto works really well but I have trouble replacing the roller. I know that sounds silly but I really do. I like the Tombow dot adhesive. The only problem I have with that is that it doesn't seem to work on really heavy paper. Good luck to you whatever you end up using.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Babylou

Oh no!!!!! I love them

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana
In response to Babylou

I say stock up and you won't have to worry about it for a LONG time,LOL. I did that when un-do was gone and I still have some.

Valerie..
Tenant
Valerie..
In response to DivaDana

Yep, I stocked up on the heavy duty one I use for thicker cardstock like Bazzill but I think I'll try and find something more accessible to replace this one.

identicaltriplets
Veteran
identicaltriplets
In response to Valerie..

Yes, I heard this was a corporate decision to stop making all of their adhesives. I have NO idea what I will use now because this is the only stuff that truly lasts over time. I have tried many adhesives, and a lot lose their "stick" over time and my layouts fall apart. I am SO heartbroken about this, and I pray they change their minds!

Debby Lewis
Expert
Debby Lewis
In response to identicaltriplets

I need some opinionated crafters on Debby's Dare today. I'm test driving a new to me adhesvie since I losing my favorite.

ekip2
ekip2 
Expert
ekip2
  • ekip2 on 08-21-09 04:17 AM
In response to Debby Lewis

Thats too bad. I really like their adhesive. I'm finding that adhesives are just so expensive - I'd rather buy product that shows than adhesive KWIM?

I keep reading and getting advice to buy an ATG and I may have to take the plunge - I'm thinking it would make a good Chanukah present for dh to give me - he never knows what to get and loves links AKA hints.

Curious to see what other adhesives y'all recommend.

ekip2
ekip2 
Expert
ekip2
  • ekip2 on 08-21-09 04:25 AM
In response to ekip2

So Debbie I just went to your blog - great blog! I love to visit there.

I love Glue Glider Pro. It is my very very favorite adhesive. I adore it.

I didn't mention it in my above post cuz its expensive. I hope they'll be able to find a way to make it more cost effective.

But I've found that it applies more easily and stays "more stuck" (like my phrase LOL) than anyother adhesive.

I use it for projects that won't be in a page protector - which seems to be most of my stuff these days - and projects that I make for other people/for hire. I also like the size. Its very comfortable in my hands - I have some hand "issues" that has made the larger "guns" unappealing...but cost has me thinking twice.

Andrea

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to ekip2

the ATG is the way to go

Zip Dry glue is awesome too!!!!!!!!!

Valerie..
Tenant
Valerie..
In response to Debby Lewis

I went to your blog Debbie, very cute and I loved the little video on Glimmer Mist..I must try that stuff. I'm stickle challenged but Glimmer Mist looks doable.
I like the looks of the Glue Glider because it looks lighter and smaller than the ATG. I have arthritis and the ATG would never work for me, my hands cramp up. You didn't mention how much tape or glue is in the refill though. I'm curious because the Dot n Roller has 43' and it costs me about $4.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to Valerie..

I heard Kokuyo (sp??) isn't going to be making any more adhesive at all. Dot 'n Roller, anything. Which is sad because I just picked one up last week from my LSS to try. And I love it. Naturally. Seems anytime I like something the manufacturers stop making it. My other go-to adhesives are the Glue Glider and 3L tape runner.

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 08-21-09 07:22 AM
In response to BlingQueenRia

I'm another big fan of the Kokuyo. I found out about this a few days ago and I am so upset! This just doesn't make sense to me, because their adhesives are popular. Why stop making them?

Thaiti30
Expert
Thaiti30
In response to Valerie..

Awwww...... man i love Kokuyo adhesives as well!!!! They are so easy to carry to crops and they are very sticky and your projects won't fall off!!!! Dagg!!! I guess I have to go purchase the ATG!!!!

Kitty_wOlf
Guru
Kitty_wOlf
In response to ekip2

• ekip2 Said:
Thats too bad. I really like their adhesive. I'm finding that adhesives are just so expensive - I'd rather buy product that shows than adhesive KWIM?

I keep reading and getting advice to buy an ATG and I may have to take the plunge - I'm thinking it would make a good Chanukah present for dh to give me - he never knows what to get and loves links AKA hints.

Curious to see what other adhesives y'all recommend.

I'm all for the ATG!
it might seem a little pricy in the beganing- but I did the calculation and it doe's pay off to be cheaper in the long run.
for my little adhisve needs i use the tombo runner.

mollydog
Veteran
mollydog
In response to Kitty_wOlf

Debbie, I loved your video on your blog. I have never used the glamer mist,but my have to try it.

Kimberly Colliss
Veteran
Kimberly Colliss
In response to mollydog

I love my Dot n' roller by Kokuyo adhesives. I bought out the store yesterday refills and full ones alike. Tombow is all right but with heavier stuff works only sometimes. STOCK UP SCRAPPERS

New Kid On the Block
In response to Kimberly Colliss

Kokuyo is back available again. There are only 2 places in the US selling it that I know of and it is the Japanese version. Same adhesive but the dot n roller has more adhesive on it. It even fits the US dispensers

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics