Username Post: Best way to cut a scalloped circle??        (Topic#1513643)
lindsey3uk
New Kid On the Block
lindsey3uk

Hi ppls

My friend is currently in America (I am from UK) and has offered to bring me back anything I want.

I am desperate to mkae layouts using scalloped circles as they look fantastic! Can anyone tell me the best tool to use please?

Also thank you ladies for all you suggestions on what to get her to bring back, prima flowers is a good one but again are there any specific ones I should tell her to get, she knows nothing about scrapbooking but has a Michaels near her so I need to give her specific details, please help xxx

tmmvol
tmmvol 
Idol
tmmvol
In response to lindsey3uk

Lindsey, I am no help. If you want a full size page, I buy those precut ones (Bazzill makes them, maybe DCWV does too?). They make punches of varying sizes as well, but not full-sheet size (that I know of -- and it would be huge!)

I have been known to use the full-size Bazzill sheets as a template to trace around and cut out, too...

Edited by tmmvol on 08-24-09 01:29 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block
In response to tmmvol

do you have a die cut machine? If so, you could get Spellbinder's nestabilities, which one set will give you various sizes of scalloped circle. These are one of my fave products, since I'm so bad at cutting

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 08-24-09 01:40 PM
In response to wren_walk

I use my bosskut to cut them, but it is pretty pricey. Before I got that I bought 1 and then traced it onto some unwanted cardstock and then used that as a template.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to wren_walk

I have a few of these that I find handy.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to Nancy Keslin

I love the nestabilities, since I own a silhouette spellbinders are the only manual dies I get.

natmatt
Resident
natmatt
In response to CorrieW

I don't have access to those yet....

so I lightly fold a piece of paper in half.
Trace a circle and cut it out.
Then trace the scallops.

I don't usually notice the fold line'.

terri

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics