Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: I Will ask one last time...before its too late :)        (Topic#1513721)
lindsey3uk
New Kid On the Block
lindsey3uk

Ok ladies I dont know if you have seen any of my other posts but I am gona ask one last time for those who havent seen it.

I have got some fantastic ideas from you all.

One of my friends is currently in America, I am from the Uk, she has offered to get me whatever I want there and I dont want to miss a fantastic opportunity.

Can anyone please give me some ideas on what to ask her to get, I have a cuttlebug but I am just getting into card making seriously and I really want everything I need.

Thanks girlies xxx

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to lindsey3uk

What about a cute border punch? Like Apron Lace? Those are good for cards or layouts.

Or what about some stitching templates? From Bazzill Basics?

cheery scrap
Mayor
cheery scrap
In response to peenut_23

Glossy Accents!

joogz
joogz 
Diva
joogz
  • joogz on 08-25-09 10:38 AM
In response to peenut_23

What about some Zva rhinestones/bling? I love using them on LO's, and I'm sure they would look great on cards as well!

crazycricut
Guru
crazycricut
In response to joogz

If you like sparkly things, Stickles can really had to your cards and pages. Punches and maybe some vellum quote stacks - they are great for cards!

Sunshine81
Resident
Sunshine81
In response to crazycricut

I say some stamps I love Clear Stamps sometimes places like Michael’s and Jo Anns has them on sell. So she can use a coupon and get them a bit cheaper.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Sunshine81

These are things I love.
Stickles.
lots of Prima flowers especially the beautiful "fat" ones.
Prima bling ie, Say it in Crystals
adhesive backed rhinestones and pearls.
Any new Basic Grey, Cosmo Cricket, Graphic 45, Websters Pages and Bo Bunny lines.
lots of K and Company Que Sera Sera stuff, the specialty pps and all the matching embellishments.
Glossy accents
Thickers..Rainboots Poolside and any of the sparkly or shiney ones.
Making Memories Tiny Letters
Fiskars threading water and apron lace border punches
Martha Stewart doily lace border punch. (I think that's the name)
Heidi Swapp edge distresser
Colorbox cats eye chalk set...the neutral colors..great for aging stuff.
EK success retro flower punches in small and medium.
Smooch
clear stamps and ink. birds, butterflies, journaling blocks, clocks. and flourishes
That's all I can think of for now. Your friend would need an extra suitcase for all the stuff I would want.
Well you asked

Edited by dollscrap on 08-25-09 12:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dustbuster
Resident
dustbuster
In response to dollscrap

Things I like are
the Fiskars heart punch. Not only can you do hearts but flowers with it
http://store.scrapbook.com/f-7442.html
Im not sure what you cant get there we can here but if shes shopping at Michaels tell her to check the Sunday paper or coupons.

dustbuster
Resident
dustbuster
In response to cheery scrap

• cheery scrap Said:
Glossy Accents!

Ooh I like this too. Its always hard for me to find but Im sure if shes asks someone will help her. I like using it on water pages the best.

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE
In response to dustbuster

I agree with the border punches...here's a few of my faves, the binding edge being a must have for me!

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE
In response to StaceyE

What's available in the US that isn't in the UK??
Just curious...

Edited by StaceyE on 08-25-09 12:46 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone
In response to StaceyE

if I were to shop for some favorite things, I would include these...

okay, I don't have the Copics yet...but they look wonderful

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to mjmone

I agree on a nice Fiskars border punch you like. I like them all and good writing pens. The white Signo Uniball is the only white pen to have!!!

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to Ladybing Tammy

I like the Thickers letters. I know they are hard to find in the UK, having an online scrappy friend in Wales. Watch Michael's for sales and coupons and get some more dies for your cuttlebug. I think I have found them on sale cheaper than the UK. They are little and won't kill you in the shipping, as well as stickles and bling.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to momma paparazzi

So, my thought is that I'd get the heavier stuff that would cost a lot more to ship if you were to buy them online. I love the Fiskars and EK Success border punches. I also agree that glossy accents is awesome. She can find it at AC Moore or Michael's. I love the shine/gloss it adds to things and I use it a lot on cards. If you need a good set of scissors for detail work and just general cutting, I love my cutter bees. Stickles are nice for bling, but if you'd prefer to get a more subtle hint of glitter, I really like the Sakura stardust pens (Michael's carries these, as well). Paper gets heavy when it's shipped, plus you often have to pay elevated shipping fees because of the size, so I might ask her to pick up some cool paper from manufacturers that you like. I love Basic Grey, Sassafras Lass, DCWV, and My Mind's Eye, especially.

Since you have a Cuttlebug and want to make some cards, how about the embossing templates for the Cuttlebug? My friends have made some awesome cards using the embossing templates to make textured backgrounds.

Hope this helps!

gigikay
Queen
gigikay
In response to siameseplease

Maybe Bazzil Bling cardstock and the scalloped edges Bazzil.

Zva has a collection of scrolls done in pearls or rhinestones. The rhinestones are clear or black or pink and there may even be some other colors.

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 08-25-09 07:39 PM
In response to lindsey3uk

Ditto with the glossy accents, and bazzill templates and..

.-Prima flowers
.-Signo white pen (you better buy more than only 1, it is the perfect white pen)
.-all the new collections from your fav paper brand
.-and if your friend is willing to carry "big" things I'd sugest you to go for the bigger ones that you won't find easily or that are too expensive where you are living, and also take a look at the superstore to get some more ideas!!!
Products Referenced in This Post:

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to naf

Nestabilites are great, get some if you can since you have a cuttlebug

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to CorrieW

OK - I'm from the UK and when I visit the US I almost always go for blocks of paper - big blocks of coloured (various) or black and white, or neutrals. You can get pretty much anything via online shipping, but paper is so heavy that it costs a fortune to ship! My secretary is in the US right now, and bringing me back large blocks of paper from Joanns. The thing is that even if your friend is not a scrapper, she cannot go wrong if you ask her to get you paper.

Anything electric will not work here (like cricut or cuttlebug) because we have different voltage in our electricity supply, so avoid those like the plague!

Also, anything your friend buys will avoid international shipping and tax too. Have a look at on-line Joanns, then give her your shopping list - yay for you - have fun!

Rachel

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex
In response to RachelUK

I agree on the paper there is only one small store close to me & they dont stock much also thickers they are like rockinghorse poop in the UK & i noticed recently there are a lot more colours of stickles on the US sites.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics