Username Post: Large Circles!        (Topic#1514053)
lmhfin
lmhfin 
Pro
lmhfin

I have seen so many beautiful LO's using large circles, Circle rims and scalloped circles. Can you tell me what is the best tool for these? Do I need a die cut machine? TIA!!

violet35
Veteran
violet35
In response to lmhfin

I use a dish. It makes really big circles.

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to violet35

I used to use a dinner plate but now I use the new CM Jumbo Circle Pattern from their custom cutting system. It creates 6 large circles of different sizes.

tesswesswoo
Resident
tesswesswoo
In response to Shutterbugg

my roommate and I invested in the fiskars circle cutter...there's several stencils to use with the cutter and it's very easy to use. The cutter itself is around $15 and the stencils range from $5-$15. I bought the large circle stencils..I'm so glad I did because we use them ALL THE TIME. It's one of the best tools I bought.

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio
In response to tesswesswoo

I have many cutters. But for large circles I always use a plate too. None of the cutters ever seem to have a big enough circle for what I want.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to mindyradio

I have circle cutters but I gotta get them out and set them up so since I am a very lazy person I just grab the right size plate or bowl and trace and cut.

candjsmomma
Veteran
candjsmomma
In response to lmhfin

Hi,

I use a template, usually a piece of SB paper I picked up for this reason or I cut the circle/scalloped circle from various cricut cartridges. Sometimes circle chipbopard works great too and you can save some just for that reason because it comes in so many different sizes.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to candjsmomma

I also use the "dinner ware" cutting system!

lmhfin
lmhfin 
Pro
lmhfin
In response to Scrapkaty

Thanks ladies. For those who use a dinner plate-do you add a decorative border to the circle? I would like to do a scallop edge.

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to lmhfin

I do it several ways. I have the Coluzzle system with a large circle; I use a dinner plate for bigger circles; and I buy decorative edged paper and make myself a template to keep for later use. HTH!

hello_tarina
Resident
hello_tarina
In response to Scrapbook Queen

I have this nifty circle template from Hot Off The Press,the circles range from 2" diameter to the biggest circle of 11 1/2". I found it at www.paperwishes.com for $5.99. I've used it a few times and it works great!

Patti Sylvia
Diva
Patti Sylvia
In response to hello_tarina

Here are a few options that are very reasonably priced.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Patti Sylvia

I like your suggestions. I may have to do away with the "dinner ware circles" and invest in some of these. Thanks.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics