Page 1 of 32 
Username Post: Budget Buying Challenge~~~ September~~~Closed and Active!!!        (Topic#1514059)
StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Here it is again, the September budget challenge....to help us stay within limits on our scrappy buying!!!

The rules: List your budget for the month of September that you want to spend on scrappy goodies!!! Then, LIST the items that are definites that you want to buy this month!

The catch: You can spend your money on whatever you want, list or impulse, but you must buy and have me mark off at least half of the items that you list!!! For example, if you list 10 items, you have to buy at least 5 of those and have me strike them off your list, etc.

Please tell me how much you spent throughout the month, and I will keep track of it in this post! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, or shipping.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items you want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

Give me your votes for the new Queen Enabler for September!!! Michelle - 1, Lisa - 1
September QUEEN ENABLER: ??????!!!!
------------------------- ------------------------- ---
Stephanie (Scrap-a-Shop-a-Holic): $135.00 - 132.00 = $3.00 BUSTED!
List: Swirlydoos kit, Crackle Paint, PP, Stamps, Punches, Glimmer Mist

Michelle (melissadam): $100.00 - 81.00 = $19.00 BUSTED!
List: Christmas PP, red stickles, border punch, flower punch, circle punch, markers

Tante (johnsusan8): $225.00 - 254.00 = -29.00 BUSTED!
List: class, kits, border punch, pp, cardstock

Kim (scrapingbliss): $200.00 - 166.00 = $34.00
List: Christmas paper, stamps, Cricut cutting mat, Cricut cartridge, copic markers, ink pads, embossing folders

Lisa (lstory): $200.00 - 194.00 = $6.00
List: Stamps, stamp storage, punches, Sizzix die, Christmas paper, Liquid pearls, stickles

Nonny (nonnysbooks): $150.00 - 110.00 = $40.00 BUSTED!
List: 2 1 classes, 6 3 binders, 1 border punch, prima flowers and a JetMax cube,white board (for ideas).

Jana (llprncess3): $100.00 - 100.00 = $0.00
List: Stamps, pp, crackle paint, punch

Krissy (luv2scrap:)): $160.00 - 111.00 = $49.00
List: MCS kit, stamps, glimmer mist, flowers, cardstock, distress ink, pp

DaintyDiva2: $150.00 - 58.00 = $92.00
List: butterfly spellbinder, a happy birthday stamp, an orchid stamp, some pp by Graphic 45, copic sketch, red ribbon

00elly00: $150.00 - 98.95 = $51.05
List: stamps, border punches, pp, scrap storage

Mandi (Briannasmom): $50.00 - 10.10 = $39.90
List: white tulle and a ruler image stamp

Aftin (bellasmommy1): $150.00 - 67.41 = $82.59
List: 2 border punches, crackle paint,glimmer mist, pp, distress ink, flowers

Amanda (ajsevall): $150.00 - 89.00 = $61.00
List: Prima stitched papers, the paradise city paper collection, fiskars apron lace border punch, stickles in red and green, MS loopy punch, BG Nook & Pantry and Eskimo Kisses.

Holly (CommaHolly): $160.00 - 85.00 = $75.00
List: K & Co. Winter Paper, lace & ribbon, ephemera, cricut cart

Zanne (ZanneScraps): $150.00 - 148.07 = $1.93
List: Kaisercraft Pina Colada collection, Maya Road mini albums-esp. the Christmas Tree Layered and Cupcake, Webster's Pages Postcards in Paris collection, MS loopy punch, stickles, Ranger memory bubbles, Maya Road chandelier beads, copic markers, Prima flowers

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StarsNSparkles

OK....I'll be first!

My vote for September Enabler is Michelle again..because she kept going on and on about border punches, and I ended up buying 2 last month!!!

I have already listed my budget & list. I am cutting down, b/c you all know my job ends Monday and I don't know what my situation will be yet. Also, we have to pay off vacation from August, so I need to concentrate on that!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

Hi Steph .........I'm in!

my budget will be $100 ........I hope not to spend that much but need to give myself some room for unexpected deals! LOL

my list:
Christmas PP
red stickles
border punch
flower punch
circle punch
markers

my vote for queen is Lisa

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to melissadam

YAY...so glad you have joined again Michelle!!!

lstory 
Mayor

Why, I'm honored by your vote, Michelle! I don't know, though... Do I enable anyone else besides myself?

Lisa

P.S. I'm in, just need to consider list and $$$.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to lstory

JCI

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

Okay, September has to be better for me than July and Auguest! lol Just to make it easier for me I'll up my budget. Make it

$225

and my list

class, kits, border punch, pp, and cardstock.

Wish me luck!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to johnsusan8

Good luck Tante & everyone else!!! Almost time to start September....better get all August shopping in quick!!!

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Stephanie, I think you are trying to get rid of me! I couldn't find this thread anywhere! I kept looking...Hmmmff...I'm not that easy to get rid of!!!!

My budget for this month is 200.00

I spent 43.00 of it on the Swirlydoo kit...

My list:

Christmas paper
stamps
Cricut cutting mat
Cricut cartridge
Copic Markers
Ink pads
embossing folders

I'm sure I'll think of something else I just have to have...

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to Scrapingbliss

I'm really torn on who enabled more this month...Holly or Michelle.

They were bothy pushing pretty hard...I didn't buy anything they were peddling but Stephanie did...I'll have to think on this...

lstory 
Mayor

I think I'm gonna go to $200, too. Somewhat pathetic of me - if I can't stick to a budget, I'll raise the budget! Oh, well, I'll be happy if I come in under, which I probably will because while there are some big things I'd like, I'm holding off for xmas.

Here's my list:

stamps, stamp storage, punches, Sizzix die, xmas paper, Liquid Pearls, Stickles.

Lisa

nonnysbooks
Veteran
nonnysbooks
In response to lstory

Well after a month of being Cinderella, which slowed down my shopping, I'd like to see if I can stick to a pared down budget, if you all will let me in.

I'm gonna set my budget at $150, but I'm still working on my list, will get it to you soon.

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to nonnysbooks

Hi, Nonny!!!

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3

Okay...I am so in for Sept. I will set my budget for $100. Won't spend that much (hopefully), but just in case.

I have a $30 Stampin Up order that I have committed to for 5 months so that will be stamps!!

Other than that...pp, crackle paint, and maybe a punch...all possible things I want to buy!

lstory 
Mayor
In response to llprncess3

I'm with you, Jana, there's lots of possibilities, but no real needs- at least for me.

Lisa

luv2scrap:)
Guru
luv2scrap:)
In response to lstory

I'm in again--just hadn't seen this thread until now.
I am going to keep my budget at $160, cause it seems to be working for me. Will make my list and get back to ya!

daintydiva2
Expert
daintydiva2
In response to luv2scrap:)

I'm in for September and am setting my budget at the same #150 and hope I can stay under. Being this close to HL doesn't help any, only when they have those sales on items nobody wants. I have not made a list yet but I will get to that. I'm not sure about who to vote for in the enabling department and I didn't purchase any of the items.

00elly00
Idol
00elly00
In response to daintydiva2

I'm in again! And this month I'll need it! Just started back to work fulltime so I have quite a bit of extra money...what to do with it...lol...
Budget this month is $100. I want to up it but just think I'll keep it there. I want to get more stamps, border punches look so awesome so at least one of those, more pp, popdots (is that included? it's adhesive...), do scrapping storage count? My scrapdesk is horrible! if it does then a $50 to my original budget. Also could you ladies share what your have as a scrap area?

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to 00elly00

elly I love plastic drawer storage

this is how I store my scraps

scrap storage By Melissadam

I love cropper hoppers
here is some of my PP

12 x 12 PP & CS By Melissadam

this is how I store my embellies

embellie storage By Melissadam

this is how I store my wooden stamps
wooden stamps By Melissadam

and this is how I store my alpha stickers

alpha stickers By Melissadam

there are more pics in my gallery....

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3
In response to melissadam

Elly I think storage counts in the budget, but popdots are adhesive and don't count!

I am so excited....I actually might get to use my whole $100 because.....I GOT A JOB!!! Yay!! So excited!

Page 1 of 32 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics