Username Post: Best Markers/Pens/Paint for scrapbooking?        (Topic#1514223)
lmhfin
lmhfin 
Pro
lmhfin

I need help! What kinds of markers and pens do you use on your layouts that are safe for scrapbooks? Do you use colored pencils? HOw about paint recommendations for chipboard? Where do you buy them? Sorry so many questions but I'm going shopping in the morning and need to put together a list. TIA!!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to lmhfin

My favorites are below. I've bought them here at the Superstore, as well as at craft stores. I also love to use my colored pencils (purchases at a scrapbook store) with my zig blending pen. I always make sure that I buy archival-safe pens (acid free, etc).

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to Luvmyfam

I love my Zig markers, brush & point ends.

I love all acrylic paints, the thicker the better. So spending a little bit more money means better quality.

My fave journaling pens are American Crafts Precision Pens .03 & .05 and Pilot G-2 gel pens in all colours.

White markers - Sharpies & Inkssentials opaque white pen.

All can be bought here or at Mike's.

Edited by carbphrek on 08-30-09 02:01 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to carbphrek

I love the Smooch inks for chipboard.

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to johnsusan8

I use Sharpies for journalling and Signo for white journalling. Reeves for acrylic paints.

TiggerPooh2380
Expert
TiggerPooh2380
In response to SuperAllyFan

I seen a really nice set of gel pens at HL the other day in ametal case, but it is 14.99 and I am worried they might be to cheap, and not write nice.

alysmom09
Expert
alysmom09
In response to TiggerPooh2380

I LOVE this paint for chipboard! So much fun! And the colors are beautiful! I too use ZIG pens.

scrapbookdiva76
Veteran
scrapbookdiva76
In response to alysmom09

i too use zip pens! i finally got some w/a m's coupon a month ago. Also i use colored pencils & outline w/some of the fine line scrapbooking pens too!!..

armyscraper
Veteran
armyscraper
In response to lmhfin

For journalling I like Martha Stewart. She has several different colors.

For Chipboard; you can paint it or you could use card stock on it. If you use card stock or patterned paper, you would need to use Mod Podge. Or you could paint it, I use acrylic paint. I was never sure if the acrylic paint was safe or not so I just make sure that I do not put it close to pictures.

I am a Stampin Up Demonstrator and I love their products a lot because the everything matches each other and it lasts for several years!

Karen.W
Diva
Karen.W
In response to lmhfin

For journaling I love Martha Stewart pens and also Pigma Micron pens @ Michaels, they're acid free=)

For chipboard, I use any kind of acrylic paints,They dry FAST!! Oooh and I love using Tim Holtz crackle paint on them, looks beautiful.

I use Prisma colored pencils for coloring stamped images. They sell them @ Michaels in sets or individually. The sets are pricey but they quality is great. They blend so easily.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Karen.W

If you want a white ink that won't fade and stays bright white, definitely get the Uni-Ball Signo pen.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics