Page 1 of 25 
Username Post: CLOSED PLEASE DELETE        (Topic#1514397)
ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

Hi everyone! Tigergenesis hosted this swap last year and she gave me permission to run it for her this year! Its alot of fun!

Pals out: 9/16-17
Kits received by your partner by: 12/13

Who can join?

Flakers need not apply! If you have flaked on a swap with anyone before - don't bother signing up. If I don't know about you flaking, someone else will surely let me know.

It is very important that those who sign up fulfill their obligation to their partner and get the package to them by the due date – not in the mail…by the due date.

Life happens and things come up that might get in the way. The key is communication. It only takes a few seconds to post “just checking in” or “jci”. Be considerate. If you can’t get online at least once a week for a simple checkin - don’t sign up. If you can’t get your partner's kit in their hands by the due date – don’t sign up.

Max 1 spot per person

If you have never been in one of my swaps before I must receive 3 referrals from hostesses whose swaps you have been in this year.

12 Days of Swapping
($35 gift swap)

This has some handmades, but is mostly storebought. I figured by starting it now, everyone could work on the handmades and then as it gets closer to Christmas work on the storebought items (since wishlists might change quite a bit from now to then).

This will be a secret pal swap and you will not be made to have the same person that has you – that way everyone still has the ability to request who they want.

You will send your pal 12 gifts total. Each is wrapped separately and has a handmade tag attached to it with the date your pal is to open it. You mail them all together along with a handmade Christmas card.
You must mail your pals package so that they receive it before December 13th (very important).

On December 13th your pal will open their handmade card.
Then on December 14th they will open their first gift (labeled with that date).
Each day they will continue to open the gift labeled for that date up until December 25th when they open their last and biggest gift.
Hence, the 12 days of swapping - and why your pal must have their package by 12/13.

Each day everyone will post what they received in their gift for that day.

All items must be storebought, from your pals wishlist/survey, be scrapbooking related and be new/unused.

The total value of the first 11 gifts (12/14-12/24) must be a minimum retail value $25. No more than 3 of these gifts can be goodie bags (new/unused) – the rest must be NIP (new and in the package).

The gift(s) that your pal opens on Christmas day must be worth at least $10 retail. (all NIP and storebought)

Any additional handmades or gifts (scrapbooking related or not) are optional/extra…but who doesn’t like to be spoiled? Stay away from dollar stores to be safe. Don’t be cheap. Follow your pals wishlist(s) and survey for items that count towards the minimum requirements. Anything over and above that is up to you.

Mailing
Your handmade card must be in an envelope for your pal to open.
Each days gifts must be individually wrapped, have a tag attached and labeled with the date to open.
All of these items must be mailed in one box to your partner.
Package your items well so that they arrive in one piece to your partner.
Your partner must receive it by 12/13. Don’t cut it close!!! Keep in mind the holiday mailing delays and weather.
You must purchase a Delivery Confirmation number for the package.
When you go postal you must post that number in this thread for all to see.

You must post:
• at least once a week (check in), and
• when you receive your kit

Hopefully you will also post what you opened each day. Its really fun to see who gets what!

How To Join

1 - Post that you would like to join.
2 - Be sure to bookmark this swap
3 - Load up your sb.com wishlist for your pal to shop from. Keep this list updated!!!
4 - Then you will need to pm me the following information using the subject: “12 days of Swapping Survey”:

Screen name

Name & mailing addy

Colors you like

Colors you don’t like

Embellishments you like or would like to try

Embellishments you don’t like/want

Do you have an eyelet setter (if not, we don’t want your partner sending eyelets):

Are flat stickers okay?

Any items you would like that are not on your sb.com wishlist (not in the sb.com store)

Techniques you’re not too crazy about

Do you have any other wishlists to share with your partner? Provide links here:

Anything else you’d like to share with your partner

My Swap Motto: if it’s not sold in the scrapbooking section of a scrapbooking/craft store or on sb.com – don’t bother sending it in. You should only send in high quality items for my swaps.

SIGNUPS:

Survey rec.
package sent and confirmation posted

ScrapAngel4 (kim- hostess)
Charlottemd
Kdsmommy
mommie75
Krbearl
lydbug
Cma2a17
LizzieP
jobrien7
ScrappyNewMom
ScrapAngel 1 (Zoila)
DisneyLisa
Azgirl
TracyF
TexLady

I WANT TO STRESS THAT I DO NOT WANT ANYONE RECEIVING DOLLAR STORE ITEMS FOR THIS SWAP. PLEASE STICK TO THE WISHLISTS AND GO BY THAT. DO NOT SEND IN JUNK.. WE WANT TO BE SPOILED AND HAPPY WHEN WE CELEBRATE OUR 2 HOLIDAYS. SPOIL YOUR PAL ITS THE SEASON TO BE GIVING!

Edited by ScrapAngel4 on 01-09-10 05:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Noli1980
Diva
Noli1980
In response to ScrapAngel4

Thanks for the invite. I am SOooooo In. I will send you my survey Now. :0)

Noli1980
Diva
Noli1980
In response to Noli1980

I sent in my Survey. :0)

kdsmommy
Idol
kdsmommy
In response to Noli1980

I am in!

Noli1980
Diva
Noli1980
In response to kdsmommy

Good Morning!!!

All4mygrl
Idol
All4mygrl

Ok, I'll play this one last one for the year!

I will PM my survey later this morning. Thanks for the invite.

mommie75
Queen
mommie75
In response to All4mygrl

ok i will play last one i can join till i find a job!

i do have a interview today but it is a crappy job better than nothing

7.45 a hour part time.. still looking.. what i really hope for is that hubby gets his job back real soon!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to mommie75

Gotcha added ladies.. I just love this swap!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to mommie75

• mommie75 Said:

7.45 a hour part time.. still looking.. what i really hope for is that hubby gets his job back real soon!

that stinks jen.. gl on finding a job.. I know its so hard.. why dont you try babysitting now that the school year is in full swing? that is pretty good if its off da books..

Noli1980
Diva
Noli1980

• ScrapAngel4 Said:
  • mommie75 Said:

that stinks jen.. gl on finding a job.. I know its so hard.. why dont you try babysitting now that the school year is in full swing? that is pretty good if its off da books..

Thats what I do!!! I love keeping kids at the house

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to Noli1980

charlotte try to get LIzzie in this swap!

lydbug
lydbug 
Idol
lydbug

i'll play
last one for this year i swear..........

krbearl
Mayor
krbearl
In response to lydbug

how can I possibly pass this one up. It sounds like to much fun.

krbearl

krbearl
Mayor
krbearl

adding to subscribed topics

cma2a17
Governor
cma2a17
In response to krbearl

Count me in!

Noli1980
Diva
Noli1980

• ScrapAngel4 Said:

OK, I'll try tomorrow.

mommie75
Queen
mommie75
In response to Noli1980

hum baby sitting is out.there is already two full time services around here.. we only have two streets in are whole sub.. and a service on each one lol...they are both havin trouble getting and keeping kids and the lady behind me has done it for years!

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to mommie75

Oh, this does sound fun and I'm sure to need some extra good cheer this xmas so go ahead and sign me up.

2 weeks ago now my DH lost his job which he's had for 18 years and yesterday his son packed up and moved with his 5 kids to GA (they are moving in with his wife's mom) in the hopes of finding work there since he's been unemployed for about 4 months now.

Noli1980
Diva
Noli1980

• ScrapAngel4 Said:

Ok, I just got off the phone with liz and she said she would love to join. If it isin't a problem can I be her partner.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to mommie75

• mommie75 Said:
hum baby sitting is out.there is already two full time services around here.. we only have two streets in are whole sub.. and a service on each one lol...they are both havin trouble getting and keeping kids and the lady behind me has done it for years!

that stinks! I work 2 jobs.. part time.. I work for walmart and I do Home health care.

Page 1 of 25 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics