Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Anchorage Scrappers        (Topic#1514493)
Chale 
New Kid On the Block
  • Chale on 09-01-09 08:45 AM

Are there any Anchorage Scrappers out there?

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 10-03-09 12:46 PM
In response to Chale

Hey,

I'm here now. I have been on vacation. It is nice to meet you.

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK
In response to AK Teddy Bear

I'm from Eagle River

mountaingirl83
Resident
mountaingirl83
In response to silver26AK

Welcome! I am from Anchorage as well.

caraboo
Expert
caraboo
In response to mountaingirl83

Hi everyone! I am in Anchorage.

mountaingirl83
Resident
mountaingirl83
In response to caraboo

Hi Cara! My name is Kayla nice to meet you!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 03-27-10 09:36 AM

Hey Cara ,

Sorry I have been out of town this week for business. How long have you been scrapping?

Glad to see another Alaskan!

Terri

Chale 
New Kid On the Block
  • Chale on 03-27-10 07:30 PM

I've been scapping/card making for a couple of years now. Having a great time. How about everyone else.

mountaingirl83
Resident
mountaingirl83
In response to Chale

Hi! Guess I have been scrapping for the last few years, here and there! Wish I had more time to do it, but doesn't everybody on here!

caraboo
Expert
caraboo

I have been scrapping for a couple of years now. I also really like making cards. My oldest daughter may be moving out in a few months and then I get my own scraproom (which will hopefully help me not miss her so much). I think I will be a little more motivated then...I haven't been feeling like doing it lately. So much going on at work, the weather...ya' know what I mean?

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 03-30-10 10:38 AM
In response to caraboo

I have been scrapping since 1997 when I ran into Ben Franklin store in Juneau and saw what some lady had done with her photos and I was hooked.

I agree with Cara. I have been out of town for work and trying to catch up at home. (No kids so I have to do it myself! LOL!) Boy, it has sure melted in the last week. I have a dry driveway! (but three feet of snow in the backyard.) I haven't scrapped in two weeks and I think I'm going through withdraws. I try to do something every day but .....

Have a great day!

Terri

caraboo
Expert
caraboo

You normally do something every day??? Wow...I am impressed. I am happy if I do something every weekend...which I haven't for a while. I made a ton of Christmas cards and I think it burned me out for a bit. But I am feeling the urge to get scrappy! I am getting ready to reorganize all my ribbon. (I found a new way to try.) Sometimes I think I like scrapbooking because of all the stuff I get to organize.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 04-03-10 03:22 PM
In response to caraboo

Me too!

What kind of new way to store ribbon?

Terri

Chale 
New Kid On the Block
  • Chale on 04-03-10 05:11 PM

I wish I could be more organized. I try so hard, then I can't find anything.

caraboo
Expert
caraboo
In response to Chale

There was a topic in the General Forum about ribbon organization. One the of replies included this http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/20 08... link. A couple of the replies talked about using old-fashioned clothes pins to hold your ribbon. The pins are then stored in jars. The link is to a blog that shows this storage method (among other things). I currently have that Ez Pull Ribbon thingy but I don't really like it now that I have had it for a while. I love the way the ribbon looked in that blog so I thought I would give it a try. I thought if I get my new craft room the jars would look pretty. I LOVE organizing things. I wish that were my job. Happy Easter!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 04-09-10 11:03 AM
In response to caraboo

How clever is that! I want to do that in my room too! How did yours work?

Terri

caraboo
Expert
caraboo

Ok...just finished the ribbon project. I am embarrassed to say that I bought 150 clothespins and I used them all!!! I am going to have to invest in some more. I haven't put them in jars because I don't have my craft room yet. (It looks like that may take a while longer to happen.) Right now I have a small corner of my bedroom that I use for scrapbooking. I love the way the ribbon looks...haven't taken any pictures yet but they are adorable and I believe it will be easier to transport ribbon when I go to a friends house to scrapbook. Hope you have a great weekend! Enjoy the sunshine!

Chale 
New Kid On the Block
  • Chale on 04-10-10 12:08 AM
In response to caraboo

That's great. I can't wait to see pictures. This is something I might try when I decide to get organized. I have half a room for my area, but it's small and cramped. Wouldn't be wonderful to have my own space. One can dream.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 04-17-10 09:03 AM
In response to Chale

HEY ALASKANS,

Is spring even going to get here? I got eight inches of snow this week!!!!

Terri

Akbutterfly08
New Kid On the Block
Akbutterfly08

Anchorage right here....

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics