Page 124 of 126 
Username Post: The Glue Dots --- Looking for Lots of New Members!!!        (Topic#1514519)
Michelle Hernandez
Idol
Michelle Hernandez
In response to Meredith77

I'm scared to leave anything but super positive feedback. Maybe some very clear guidelines need to be added to the opening forum message? I didn't know to add GDCD and will do that from now on I definitely want my fellow members to feel free to rip up a page I upload for review if they want
I need help with this layout: I don't feel it was successful at all:
Black Friday- 2010 By Hernandm
I think the photo is too dark and I just could NOT photograph the actual piece well due to how shinny half the elements are. Then the title was a MESS_ I changed it like 5 times to make it more visible and I'm STILL not happy with it. I like the concept itself- but I've been told just change that photo twice.

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 12-04-10 10:57 AM
In response to Michelle Hernandez

I did some changing to the first post. I also cut down on the number of spots in the group. I think 25 people was too many and when we did have that many it was very hard to keep up. I am now keeping it to 15 people.

As for critiquing others work...PLEASE use GDCG: before your comment! Also if you do not want critique on a certain piece of work please put, for sharing/love only when you post it in this thread. If it isn't there then I will assume that you want a critique if I have one to give. I for one always want useful and helpful critiques of my work.

Anyone else have any other questions?

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to CASBa

Thanks Cassie, maybe we can generate some new members and become a bit more active again.

No need to feel awkward in leaving critque. Just preface it with GDCG: and all is good. I know I always appreciate another eye and kind helpful comments.

My style is mostly clean and simple or classic without much frill or shabby sheik-ness. I seldom use masking, inking, misting or lots of bling. Its just the way I scrap but others love to really bling it up and use lots of misting or inking and that's okay too! I can and do use other styles but my first instinct is clean and simple to a classical approach. My point is to look at each other's work while knowing their style and looking through their eyes. I know Cassie uses misting a lot, that is part of who she is as a scrapper so I keep it mind while I make comments and don't try to impose my style on her work. I don't know if I succeed or not but I do try to remember each of us is different and to look at each page for its own merit. Anyway we are free to use or not use other's ideas so its all good!

Having fun and helping each other is my goal and I believe its Cassie's too.

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 12-06-10 07:19 AM
In response to rockmom

Great way to put it Denise! We definitely want to keep eachother's styles in mind, but still offer helpful tips IF we have them and lots of support and praise.

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 12-06-10 09:44 AM
In response to CASBa

Here's a new project from me

Hanukkah altered jar By CASBa

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to CASBa

I'm not looking to change these LOs but will gladly accept critque. I used old photos and old cardstock squares and pps on the twins page, just using up some old supplies. Not real happy with it because its more colorful than I am comfortable with but its what I came up with. What would you have done to the page other than the 8 1/2 X 11 sheet?

Merry Chrsitmas By Rockmom

Twins By Rockmom

Our Garden By Rockmom

Our Garden page 2 By Rockmom

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to rockmom

so how does this group work? just drop off LOs for love and leave some in return? or do you all like to chat too? in hindsight i probably should have asked that before now...

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to Lamoo12

We do both Melanie...

Michelle Hernandez
Idol
Michelle Hernandez
In response to rockmom

I really like the twins page! I like the rainbow strips. GDCD: Maybe the green background is too neutral for the color pattern established by the bars and photo matt. Perhaps a white paper would have popped the bars out more? Other than that the pages look ready to enter into your album. Love the photos in all the pagers and the papers you chose for the Christmas page.

rockmom
Governor
rockmom

Hey thanks for that.

Hope everyone is well.

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 12-08-10 07:03 AM
In response to rockmom

Morning everyone!

amms_c
amms_c 
Guru
amms_c
In response to CASBa

Hi Ladies! I see some new faces...welcome! I've been MIA for a while...truth is that I haven't scrapped a thing in over a month At a bit of a crossroads in lfe and just busy sorting things out. Hope you're all well and I"m ACU!

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to amms_c

Hi Ammara, happy to hear from you again. Hope you get settled soon.

Michelle Hernandez
Idol
Michelle Hernandez
In response to edsprincess

Hi everyone!
I started a blog a few months back. I Linked this forum page to see if we get some new members- hope thats ok.
Here's the link:
http://myanaloglife.blogspot.com/2010/12/making-it-rig h...

I also posted a new version of "Black Friday" with the changes that were so kindly suggested. Thank you SO MUCH for the help- I hit a brick wall with that piece.

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 12-09-10 07:00 AM

Hey Ammara. Good to see you around. I hope things settle down for you soon.

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to CASBa

Ahhhh the red was just the right touch for your Black Friday LO! Perfect! Thanks for mentioning us on your Blog.

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to rockmom

I am pretty happy with these but if you see something that would make them better be sure to let me know.

Autumn's Finest By Rockmom

Hibiscus By Rockmom

Lycoris radiata -Red Spider Lilies By Rockmom

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to rockmom

just remembered i can post LOs here. i dont usually do 2 page LOs, but these few topics had a lot of pics.

muffin man (dbl) By Lamoo12

leaf play DS1 (dbl) By Lamoo12

leaf play DS2 (dbl) By Lamoo12

leaf play (dbl) By Lamoo12

TFL and I should have more time this week to leave love on other people's work.

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 12-13-10 07:43 AM
In response to Lamoo12

Here's a new one from me.

Shema Yisrael altered canvas By CASBa

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to CASBa