Username Post: Genealogy Scrapbook        (Topic#1514637)
Sparky003
Guru
Sparky003

Has anyone done a genealogy scrapbook? I'm thinking of making one for my husband's grandma for Christmas but don't really know where to start or what to put in it (besides some pictures and info on her and whatnot).....I tried to look in the gallery but maybe I was looking in the wrong spot....any ideas?

Thanks,

Love 2 Learn
Guru
Love 2 Learn
In response to Sparky003

I have been working on a Heritage Album for some time now. I don't have any LO's posted yet, but here are some tips that might help.

When you go to the Gallery, Layouts, look under Themes--you will find Heirloom LO's. Or if you look under Styles---you can choose Heritage or Vintage. There is a lot of instiration there.

As for paper, embellishments, etc., I have bought a lot of stuff from K and Co (Ancestry Collection). Also, Graphic 45 makes some really nice vintage stuff, as well as Tim Holtz products.
Products Referenced in This Post:

CatScrapsHere
Angel
CatScrapsHere
In response to Love 2 Learn

I've been working on scrapping my genealogy research. Here are some examples of what I've done so far.

Ancestors of Hatsumi Kai By CatScrapsHere

Family Reunion By CatScrapsHere

Our French Canadian Ancestors By CatScrapsHere

Grandma and Grandpa Teir By CatScrapsHere

Journey to America By CatScrapsHere

A Postcard Home By CatScrapsHere

And here's a link to my heritage album here: http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

Hope this helps. It took me a long time to get started on this project and I'm not sure how to even scrap a lot of the information I want to include, but it sure beats a dry genealogy book of names and dates.

Sparky003
Guru
Sparky003
In response to CatScrapsHere

Wow! Thanks ladies! Your LOs are FABULOUS!

Edited by Sparky003 on 09-02-09 10:46 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics