Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: i cant believe i waited so long!!!        (Topic#1514717)
hodgepodge722
Veteran
hodgepodge722

i've always had post bound albums and even though i heard so many good things i just never thought i would like them. but i finally took the plunge yesterday cuz hl had them half price...wow!!! i LOVE them!! got some ac cloth d ring albums. they're so easy!! and hold so much!! what was i thinking to have waited so long???

wish i could just chuck all my post bound and put all my lo's in these!!!

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to hodgepodge722

I also LOVE my post bound albums...but I might have to try D-rings! Do they hold a LOT more than the post-bound? Also, do they take the same refill pages?

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to Smashley

Another good thing with d rings is that you can mix the sizes of pages within the album if you like that look. And it is easy to move pages around. I am a d ring gal I won't go back! lol!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to gg loves Matthew

They are the best and they hold A LOT more than post bound!

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to peenut_23

Well, I guess my next one will have to be a D ring so I can see what this is all about. I've recently had to re-arrange some pages in my post bound books and, man, what a P.I.A. that was. Thanks for the enabling!!

alysmom09
Expert
alysmom09
In response to gg loves Matthew

• gg loves Matthew Said:
Another good thing with d rings is that you can mix the sizes of pages within the album if you like that look. And it is easy to move pages around. I am a d ring gal I won't go back! lol!

This is EXACTLY why I LOVE d rings...I have 12x12, 8.5x11, 8x8, 6x12, and 6x6 all in the same album...love that!

craftysprinkles
Queen
craftysprinkles
In response to alysmom09

I still manage to fill them up just as fast, but I do like them better than post bound albums.

patchouli2000
Expert
patchouli2000
In response to craftysprinkles

I haven't tried them-are they as pretty on the outside? Is there a lot of variety?

okispice
Mayor
okispice
In response to patchouli2000

What about 2 page spreads. Do they sit far apart when the book is open?

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to okispice

I just bot my first d ring. So much easier than post bound!

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 09-03-09 03:59 AM
In response to Anna C

I love AC D-Rings!! I will NEVER go back! There is lots of variety (see below)! There are FAR MORE colors, sizes, varieties, etc., than what I've cited below. Just search the Superstore here for "American Crafts D-Ring". Oh, and there are other brands, too, but I've only tried AC.

Also, the pages do sit apart (as in two-page spreads), but if it really bothers you, you can staple the page protectors together at the spine to keep them together. But I have found that it doesn't really bother me at all. The convenience of having them in a D-Ring album far outweighs any minor problem like that for me.

I highly recommend them!!

pieces of me
Expert
pieces of me
In response to Ami G

They are the only ones I buy!! American Crafts 12 x 12 Corduroy...the best!

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to Anna C

I love binder books, been using them for a few years when it was really hard to find them. I rarely do 2pagers so the gap between the rings do not bother me.

I mix up the page sizes in the binder too. I also use the Bazzill 12x12 lickety split 4x6 photos to hold extra photos. I see the store does not carry them but they are called Lickety Splits.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Expert
In response to carbphrek

Hmmm, may have to look into these. I keep hearing about them, but have too been worried about the look of a two page spread--especially now that I'm getting brave and have been cutting photos to overlap the middle seam. Will have to remember about stapling the page protectors...

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 09-03-09 04:23 AM
In response to HuskerMom98

I forgot I had this picture in my gallery of an open one. You can see the spacing of the pages when it's laid flat and open. Hope this helps!

American Crafts Album (D-Ring) By Ami G

_pink_glitter_hearts_
Guru
_pink_glitter_hearts_
In response to Ami G

i have both post bound and d-rings, i prefer d-rings. they hold so much more and you can easily add in a LO if you need to.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to _pink_glitter_hearts_

Love...love...love my d rings!

luv2scrap:)
Guru
luv2scrap:)
In response to _pink_glitter_hearts_

Another vote for d-rings--love them!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to carbphrek

• carbphrek Said:
I love binder books, been using them for a few years when it was really hard to find them. I rarely do 2pagers so the gap between the rings do not bother me.

I mix up the page sizes in the binder too. I also use the Bazzill 12x12 lickety split 4x6 photos to hold extra photos. I see the store does not carry them but they are called Lickety Splits.

The superstore has the We R Memory Keepers pages.

I just bought some of them. I'm pretty excited about using them. A great way to include all those 'extra' photos in your albums, without having to scrap them all!

jobrien7
Veteran
jobrien7
In response to Bxr-Linda

I agree, D-Ring binders are much much better, I bought my first one a couple of months ago and will never go back, like everyone else said it is so much easier to move layouts around and what not. And they hold SO MUCH MORE!!!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics