Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: What adhesive do you recommend now?        (Topic#1515119)
Resident

Hi guys,

Now that my all time favorite adhesive is being discontinued what do you recommend? I thought about tombow but I have heard negative things about it. What do you love? I am not interested in the atg gun.

Thanks,
Candie

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to peytongirl

I seem to be the only one here that likes the Herma Vario tab dispenser. No little blue tabs to contend with here. You can get the refills at WM.
Products Referenced in This Post:
Herma Vario Tab Dispenser (Discontinued)

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to flintridgescrapper

I love Tombow.

scrapnread
Guru
scrapnread
In response to cindy312

I, too, love Tombow. I use both the mono liquid adhesive and the Permanent Adhesive Dispenser. I haven't had any problems with either. They are easy to use and I almost always use a 40% coupon at J's or M's.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to scrapnread

I use kokuyo as well as the ATG gun, but I've heard that they're not going to be selling it much longer.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to scrapnread

i like my ATG gun, Creative Memories tape runner, and Scotch quick drying glue.

Resident
In response to johnsusan8

Thanks for the responses. I have a herma tab dispenser I can pull out. I like the size of the tombow but I have read posts where people said that after time their LO's were falling apart.

Candie

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

I've been using the Tombo mono adhesive since I started scrapping 6-7 years ago and my LOs have not fallen apart. I love the stuff. I used to have the link to a website where you could get it for less than $2.50 each if you bought it in bulk.

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace

• flintridgescrapper Said:
I seem to be the only one here that likes the Herma Vario tab dispenser. No little blue tabs to contend with here. You can get the refills at WM.

Mine does not work at all. I hate it! It worked great when I first got it but then when I refilled it, it didn't work anymore. It's like there was resistance. So I bought some more refills and tried it again. Perhaps I am loading it wrong?

Does anyone have any advice on how to load it properly? I even watched the video here on sb.com and loaded it just like they did and it still doesn't work. Maybe I have a faulty dispenser?

patchouli2000
Expert
patchouli2000
In response to CraftyCandace

I'm one who's LO's began to fall apart over time (I used Tombo). I'm using liquit adhesive now-both Tombo and 3 in 1.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-08-09 05:16 PM
In response to patchouli2000

Love Henzo photo splits, 3M Photo Mount, xyron 250, Zig 2-way glue (although I'm not crazy about liquid glue in general), and Tombo removable adhesive for when I need a temporary fix.

Scatter
Guru
Scatter
In response to CraftyCandace

I've got the Vario too, and I'm not thrilled. Mine works, I guess. Seems to work the same way as the video.

It seems to always set the tabs half a step behind where I want them. After watching the video, I guess that's normal.

I do use it. But I just roll them and take them off by hand and put them where I need them.

Not sure if I'll buy another refill.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Scatter

It is kind of flusterating to refill, but I just try to follow the instructions inside the refill box, and it seems to work every time.

I always take the little tabs off by hand. I don't guess I've ever tried to roll them on.

I would really like to try the ATG, but since $$$ are limited, maybe that will have to go on my wish list.

kdkaboom55
Idol
kdkaboom55

I like truly PERMANENT adhesive; Tombow adhesive is not sticky enough for my projects. I use AdTech tape runners, which are cheap and super sticky; it works great with paper and ribbon. You can find them at M's in the GLUE aisle (NOT with the scrapping stuff). Also love Glue Dots and Pop Dots for 3D effect, and Elmer's Spray Adhesive for vellum and transparencies. Perfect Paper Adhesive is great for chipboard, metal and other heavy embellies. HTH

Croppin4Christ
Guru
Croppin4Christ
In response to kdkaboom55

ATG all the way!!! Thanks Vivian!!!!! I absolutely love it and have no desire to return to zots, or sticks, or runners!!! I use the ATG for everything!!!!

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to Croppin4Christ

I use tombo with no complaints.

I want an ATG though.

livelovecreate86
Expert
livelovecreate86
In response to riorabbit

I use Tombow and love it. Plus I can find the refills for pretty cheap at Hobby Lobby. They have adhesive 40-50% off a lot, so I buy it then. Thanks for the reminder though, I need to stock up again!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 09-09-09 05:19 AM
In response to livelovecreate86

I use the Tombow Mono liquid glue also!

planty
planty 
Diva
planty
In response to Foamy

I use Beacons 3 in 1 advanced craft glue.. I get it at my LSS its AWESOME not just for scrapbooking but other stuff too. It's clear, drys super fast, acid free and waterproof. I use it alot for buttons and lumpy stuff on my pages. It holds lovely

Resident

Another vote for the ATG. I've had mine about a year and a half now. I used the Herma vario tabs for ten years, but my sister in law convinced me to switch to the ATG, and I'm SO glad I did. The refills have gone up a bit, but are still a great deal. I get mine at framingsupplies.com. That's where I bought my gun, too.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics