Username Post: The Crafter's Workshop - how to?        (Topic#1515413)
natmatt
Resident
natmatt

Hi,

Could someone point me to a "How to Use" Crafter's Workshop template.

http://store.scrapbook.com/cf-tcw93.html

I tried masking taping this down but when I ink in the swirls or flourishes the template is so flimsy it pops up. So I can't trace them.

BTW- I ordered a couple of these and they are beautiful if you are into swirlys.

thanks,
terri

fefelants
Governor
fefelants
In response to natmatt

I found it easiest to pounce them. I used a makeup wedge sponge and tap-tap-tap-tap-tap-tap until it was completely done. You will have to hold with another finger the fine intricut pieces unless you put a dab of repositionable adhesive behind each swirl piece.

FOr the larger ones, I used the Ranger ink applicator and did it just like i was using a mask.

Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 09-11-09 02:00 PM
In response to fefelants

I just lay mine down on a flat surface, paper underneath, and lightly mist them with glimmer mist or alcohol inks. I let them dry completely and then lift the template off quickly so there is no smudging or transfer. As long as the template doesn't move mid-spray, there shouldn't be any seeping Just rinse your template with warm water and dry with a paper towel for clean storage... HTH!

Example:
The Many Faces of Me By Kels
Products Referenced in This Post:

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Kels

oohh it never occurred to me to use glimmer mist! I just lay them down and trace the shape with a pencil or pen, and then go over it if I need to. I have atleast 6 or 7 of these templates. I guess its time to take them out for a spin and see what else they can do!

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary
In response to Tina scraps

Thanks Kels! I've never thought to use glimmer mist with my templates either, but I love the effect! Learn something new and fun around here every day!!

Karen

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics